PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Browser v0.3 Development

wraggster
January 8th, 2009, 19:02
News from the Codemii team:

The Homebrew Browser v0.3 is under development and I would like some feedback on what needs to be changed or what works well. The two main changes will be the main page which the homebrew is displayed and having a proper about page. The Main page is a rough design, the icons/text will look better.

HBB Main page

http://i41.tinypic.com/2e4yt8n.jpg
The idea of the main page is to make it as less cluttered as possible. Maybe the descriptions should be made shorter. The Emulators button would be click-able which all the categories would drop down and let you select which one to choose.

HBB About page
A informative page for the application.
http://i44.tinypic.com/oup92o.jpg

Some Feedback questions include:
Does anything need to be changed?
Is there too much text?
Does the About page need an icon?
Is there any information missing?
Is the text describing the application long enough?

http://www.codemii.com/2009/01/08/homebrew-browser-v03-development/

mr game porter
January 9th, 2009, 18:38
first of all, i would like to tell you that you're doing an awesome job!

but...there are a couple of added features that are needed, for example, a rating system (like the one i see in the screenshot upp there :D)

and, perhaps even a way for users to upload their own homebrews (meaning, that other people then you can upload items to the site, (after you aprove of them OFC).).

____anders____
January 9th, 2009, 18:45
that looks awesome :)
i agree with mr game porter, if the devs upload to your site themselves, the updates will be alot quicker and easier :)

pixlips
January 10th, 2009, 05:59
That looks great! As it is in the current version, it's very hard to read the descriptions on an older standard definition TV.

I think you should throw away the weird Wii icons on each side of the title, they really serve no purpose. With those gone, the title could then be larger, or there could be more screen real estate for other things.

Some ideas I have are:

Allow the user to sort the apps, for example:

1) Newest -> Oldest
2) Highest -> Lowest rated
3) Smallest -> Largest Filesize

Those are just examples, the last one is probably irrelevant, though.

Another idea is to have a message or something that tells you which of your apps, if any, have updates.

Just my 2 cents, I love the browser!

Edit:

I just thought of something else.

Maybe you could have a simple game for the user to play while waiting for the app to download and extract, like a game of picross or tic tac toe, or something simple like that.

watupgroupie
January 10th, 2009, 22:37
I would listen to all of the guys above because they got it all right. The only thing I have to say about this awesome app is why on the about page at the top does it say Simon? Seems like you should have the title of the application, not Simon.

teknecal
January 10th, 2009, 23:12
The only thing I have to say about this awesome app is why on the about page at the top does it say Simon? Seems like you should have the title of the application, not Simon.

It's just a quick example ;)