PDA

View Full Version : DSBash R3

wraggster
January 8th, 2009, 20:00
Noobey (http://n00bey.bplaced.net/?p=66#respond) has released a new version of DSBash for the Nintendo DS, i would have posted it on release day but the download was broken but now its fixed, heres the release details:

What is DSBash ?
- DSBash is a Web-Browser for Bash.org , QDB.us and German-Bash.org allowing you to browse easily trough their quote-archives. Now with the third release you also can listen to your MP3’s while browsing.

Music playback is still a bit crispy, I’m new to the music hardware and Im already uber-happy that it played ALL my .mp3’s , even the high-quality ones. I will try to get rid of the noise in later releases.

Just as a note: Don’t play around with the config file too much, next release I will remove the configuration trough the .ini and make a config-screen inside DSBash.

Changelog - R3
- PALib isn’t included anymore. I just cut out the Text-Print function and optimized it a bit. It was kinda idiotic to include to whole PALib just for ONE text-function.
- The download function now works for all pages again…
- Now there is a loading screen that shows some plasma effect. Just a freezed screen on clicking something seemed so unhandy… You never knew if the DS is doing something.
- The code got reorganized. When I started the application it was a small 500 lines .c file. Then it got bigger and I started to include .c files directly (I was a coding-noob ;P ). But now compiling takes ages and I decided to make multiple .c files only including headers.
- DSBash now searches for MP3 files on your card and plays them randomly. In the configuration ini you can change the music-folder path and set if you want it to scan recursively or not.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments