PDA

View Full Version : Help with hacking a new psp slim. All I get is a blank screen!

member255
January 8th, 2009, 22:29
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've been hacking psps for a couple months by now. My problem is is that my friend just got a new psp slim for Christmas and asked me to hack it. But when I put my pandora and mem stick in the screen is blank. The power light is green though nothing comes up. I try putting my pandora in my own psp and everything is fine! I noticed that when I insert the pandora that the couple of lights next to the mem stick slot blink a few times on my own psp before the screen comes up and does not on my friends psp. This mean anything? Anyone know the problem? Please, someone help me.

Buddy4point0
January 8th, 2009, 22:46
You need to make a special MMS for the slim.
It's different than the normal one for the phat, check google for guides.

I've also heard of some issues with the PSP Slims video card when using pandora, try hitting x after the green light comes on and see what happens.
I've Hacked a few PSP slims and havn't come across this problem, but who knows, it might be your issue.

member255
January 8th, 2009, 23:00
Actually my psp is a psp slim. I used a fat battery when making the pandora with my slim and that fat battery has worked every psp slim and fat until now with this one new one, but I will take look into the program you recommended. Thanks.

member255
January 8th, 2009, 23:24
I tried doing a 'blind install' and nothing happened. It still isn't hacked... I'm begining to think that sony did whatever they did to the brights to make them hackproof to the new slims as well...

Buddy4point0
January 9th, 2009, 01:49
Possibly.
If you've already used the Pandora and MMS kit on another PSP Slim, It would seam that his PSP might be unhackable.

If this is the case, I would suggest that you suggest him to pick up gripshift and keep an eye on the new exploit.
It's beginning to look promising but there are no homebrews or hacks for it yet.

mib_
January 9th, 2009, 13:12
It Sounds like you've got an 88v3. What firmware version did it ship with?

If that's the case, then you can't downgrade.

pspmoddingelite
January 17th, 2009, 23:31
ok so if you're saying after your put pandora batter and mms it's still not working then try the guides, but if you already tried on a different PSP then thats odd

nitrov2
January 21st, 2009, 20:54
lol fix it

HailAcepsp
May 14th, 2009, 13:07
hey i have a psp 3000 but how can i hack it to play pirated games