PDA

View Full Version : PLynx 0.9

PLynx
January 28th, 2006, 22:31
Here is the latest PLynx version.

v0.9:
- Added homebrew format support (.o)
- Option to rotate the screen (0°, 90°, 180°, 270°)

Feel free to comment.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

cory1492
January 29th, 2006, 03:57
PLynx, your lynx emu port is awesome. Thank you very much for making this - I miss playing my old atari lynx and never did get a chance to finish electro cop.

I honestly wish I had some constructive criticism to add, wrather than just freely adding my thanks to a (likely) pile of others.

totoff28
January 29th, 2006, 09:54
good Work
continue this emu
it's nice emu
thanks for old games to my lynx in the PSP

improve the sound and games compatibilty

bye,totoff

Kaiser
January 29th, 2006, 10:06
Good stuff!

Must have missed this update somehow. Downloading...

cupid
January 29th, 2006, 12:04
Why??? If you can make more improvement in the future then update it.

This is a bloody brilliant Atari Lynx emulator man!!

jwilds73
January 29th, 2006, 15:12
I think he meant latest not last if you look at all the prior releases they all say "last" also.

PLynx
January 29th, 2006, 15:24
ok, ok :) I'll correct it :)

slayer2psp
January 30th, 2006, 02:29
gets better all the time not to be a bagger but any chance you might try a atari jag emu or 7800 would be sweet

Voltron
January 30th, 2006, 03:11
Just tested this on my 2.00 PSP and it works great. Thank you for the release PLYNX! Good work. If this could someday have true full screen support that would be awesome. Nevertheless, great release and I appreciate your hard work.

x r o b x
January 31st, 2006, 17:51
does this work on 2.6?

phaze1
February 2nd, 2006, 11:38
Fixed the EBOOT.pbp file for 1.5 (might work on other ver) so it would have a cool Icon and bg when you highlight the Emu. All thanks goes to the PLynx dev team. Hope it's ok as it is my first.

phaze1
February 3rd, 2006, 11:41
Ok, I have deleted the file from my last post and replaced it with a new ver. this one has audio that says "Beware I Live" Which all old school gamers should recognize. - Peace

PLynx
February 3rd, 2006, 12:07
Thank you phaze1 to have fixed the 1.5 EBOOT :)

cupid
February 5th, 2006, 13:00
Dearest PLynx (the posters above^)

oh god of the PSP homebrew emulation scene,

a true lover of the the Atari Lynx,

programming genius,

us mere mortal can not do what you can do on the Plynx emulator.

We beg you for the following fixes if you please...

i) True full screen (stretch the image fully horizontally on the PSP screen)
ii) When using the rotation, it also rotates the keys configuration,
iii) improves sounds

And that's it! The Atari Lynx emulator is perfect!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you....

PLynx
February 5th, 2006, 14:53
Thank you Cupid :)

But the real person who you should thank is Keith Wilkins, the original Handy author.
I just made the PSP port because I had some greats moments with my old Atari Lynx :)
But it's a pleasure to see that someone can have fun with this port, thank you.

odf
February 5th, 2006, 20:28
Love the Lynx. still have a working one :)

Just tried Viking child but the picture gets distorted..
Also when playing pinball jam option 1 and 2 are under the same button, but in config they are under square and triangle.

Could be that I'm doing something wrong.

I just love the emu !!!

PLynx
February 6th, 2006, 10:03
Also when playing pinball jam option 1 and 2 are under the same button, but in config they are under square and triangle.

Awww sorry my mistake, you are right, thank you to have found this bug, it's not only with pinball jam but all games.

The new corrected EBOOT is here.

wazzal7
February 6th, 2006, 22:34
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!!! this is truely my favorite emulator for my PSP.

odf
February 7th, 2006, 11:16
Plynx, Thank you very much for the update:)

phaze1
February 7th, 2006, 11:19
Yes I checked and updated my earlier gfx n sound modded PLynx%\Eboot.pbp to make sure it works with PLynx's new PLynx\Eboot.pbp patch. - Thanx again PLynx keepn it current.

By the way here are some pics

http://www39.websamba.com/9ball/icon.png
http://www39.websamba.com/9ball/bg.png

ByteMaster
February 19th, 2006, 17:22
I registered here just to thank PLynx for the porting and adaptation of the Lynx emulator. I love it! I was going to report the same Option1/2 problem as it also pertains to Todd's Adventures in Slime World. I'll download the fixed version and see if it's OK now. Edit: It works great now!

Perhaps it's a good idea to rename this release to 0.9.1 and make sure it gets updated on all PSP sites as the only place I've found it is right here in this forum.

thequietman2364
February 21st, 2006, 19:26
Thanks for the downloads,PLynx and all.i have them on file and i'll take them
for a spin on my psp!--thequietman2364 :D

lemming71
February 23rd, 2006, 12:39
Here is the latest PLynx version.

v0.9:
- Added homebrew format support (.o)
- Option to rotate the screen (0°, 90°, 180°, 270°)

Feel free to comment.

<A HREF="http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82782#post82782"> Download</A>

Strange, tried to download 0.9 - doesnīt work! Tried to do this with 0.82 -> no problem. Please upload 0.9 again!

ByteMaster
March 8th, 2006, 15:50
Small nag:

if you press select, L Actions, then select Load State, the background pic will still indicate "R Cartridges" as an option but that won't work once you are in the Load State screen. You can however press X to leave this screen and return to the game.

Turbo-Lynx
March 13th, 2006, 22:12
Great work Plynx! Many many thanks! the Plynx emulator is so cool. It was such a beatifull experience turning on the psp and seeing the nice big screen filled up with lynx sweetness, it almost filled my eyes with tears :)

I checked the plynx source code in hope that I could help improving the music as I know some C, but unfortanetly I didnīt understand much of the code as I donīt really know how emulators work. Anyway Thanks again and Iīm keeping my fingers crossed that you sometimes get the idea to improve the sound emulation. in all other ways I think itīs perfect as long as you put the clockspeed to 265 or 333.

Nice work allso phaze1 on the intro screen which is great, and the "Bevare I live" intro talk is hilarious! :D

ByteMaster
March 21st, 2006, 17:11
I checked the plynx source code in hope that I could help improving the music as I know some C, but unfortanetly I didnīt understand much of the code as I donīt really know how emulators work. Anyway Thanks again and Iīm keeping my fingers crossed that you sometimes get the idea to improve the sound emulation. in all other ways I think itīs perfect as long as you put the clockspeed to 265 or 333.

I'm also not a coder :(

I installed Handy 0.90 on my windows box and the sound (I'm using Powerfactor end-of-game as a reference) is great. This would indicate the sound hardware emulation is fine, but the PSP sound is the problem. Perhaps the music can be improved by using the ME (as in SNES9X_TYL 0.3me and NesterJ 1.10) and a 44100 sample rate (not using the ME might be done in 333MHz with a vblank-like throttler?)

Other good tests are the Jimmy Connors tennis cart intro and the digitized voices in Checkered Flag and Pinball Jam.

Luckily in-game sounds are usually fine, so it's not a high priority thing.

Man... I've almost exclusively been playing Slime World, Chip's Challenge, Crystal Mines 2 and Xenophobe! PLynx, what have you done!?! LOL

cyphre
April 4th, 2006, 16:08
Hi,
I just downloaded Plynx for FW1.5 but it doesn't work for me. I can browse all the settings menu but I cannot see any .lnx or .zip roms in in the rom list even though I put some of the into the rom/ directory. (also the lynxboot.img is in the same folder as the EBOO.PBP)
Am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks for any advice!

cyphre
April 4th, 2006, 21:57
Ah, just found the problem. The emulator code is comparing the file extensions against '.lnx' or '.zip' but from my debug session I found that the filenames readed from the mem card are using caps like '.LNX' and '.ZIP'
In other words the string coparison is case sensitive so the emulator 'cannot find the roms'.
I doble checked the filenames on my mem card and they *are* saved with *no caps* so I wonder what could cause such problem?
Anyway I changed the file extension definitions in the sources, recompiled and voila it works! :-)

The emulator is cool, thanks for your great work!

chickenclaws
April 13th, 2006, 00:45
Well great for yyou and i hope it works much better :p

qaopjlll
April 27th, 2006, 00:23
Has anyone managed to play Lemmings with this emulator? Whenever I try to start a level it shows the level but the trapdoor never opens and the level doesn't start, it just hangs there.

ekoekoazarak
May 13th, 2006, 17:58
:)

allodynie
June 2nd, 2006, 22:25
Hi
I am sorry to send a stupid post... But I cannot use the emulator on my psp (ver 2.60). Well, actually I am quite lost with all the versions / updates available.. Should I take ver 0.9 PSP1_0 or 1_5? In either version, I get the message 'damaged data' when I try to launch the emulator (I only have the image of the lynx with the voice...)

If someone can help me, I would love it, as I am a huge fan of lynx (especially xenophobe and zarlor!)

Thank you very much

ByteMaster
September 9th, 2006, 04:06
But I cannot use the emulator on my psp (ver 2.60).

Your best bet would be to downgrade to 1.50 firmware (provided you don't have a TA-082 mainboard in your PSP).

I haven't seen any updates to PLynx since 0.9 bugfix 1 release, so I don't know if it's dead, but 'e' is now supporting the Lynx in his e[mulator] as well. I haven't tested/compared yet, though.

Edit:
I've played around with it a little bit. You need lynxboot.img as well, just copy it over (not move) from the PLynx folder and the ROM files need to be unzipped. There's no sound support yet, so there's not much use for Lynx support other than testing.
Also note that it takes the emulator quite a while to actually start the ROM.
Speed looks awful in all modes until you turn the VSYNC wait off, then it's a lot faster than a real PSP even in GPU FULL mode. It's quite interesting playing Xenophobe this way for a bit :)

Conclusion so far: hang on to your PLynx!

bsports93
December 8th, 2006, 02:52
where do u put the roms?

krobinso
December 26th, 2006, 21:19
hello, i noticed in the options menu the first two options are: "psp cpu/bus clocks" and "lynx cycles/emulator cycle" but as much as i played with it i couldn't get the game to speed up? does anyone have any suggestions. i am trying to play California games and the speed feels like about 75% of what it should. How can i make it play at 100% (or even better like 120% of normal speed.)

Bravehrt
April 10th, 2007, 00:48
I'm using the latest Dark Alex bios, and I'm trying to run this. I put all the stuff in the game150 directory and load it up. It loads fine. I see the roms fine. I select a rom, and it gives me Error "Loading Zip file problem". The name of the file isn't anything special, like electrocop.zip for example. I've checked, and the zip extension is all lower case, so I have no idea what else to do to fix this. Any help is appreciated. Any help out there?

Art
July 25th, 2007, 05:17
Thanks PLynx, I just discovered this.
I owned a Lynx a little after they were marketed,
nad had lots of fun with Pinball Jam.
It was great to see it in action again :)
Cheers, Art.

dc240969
August 6th, 2007, 20:40
when l try to load a rom l get 'A valid Lynx boot image could not be found. Any ideas ?

jobro
August 8th, 2007, 09:31
I can't find a way to contact the author, so I post it here. I had a play with this emulator, and boy it is allmost a complete illusion! What needs to be done tho is that you increse the sound frequencies. They are lowered with one octave. Raise it and the illusion will be spot on!

when l try to load a rom l get 'A valid Lynx boot image could not be found. Any ideas ?
Yeah you need the file lynxboot.img to get the emulator to work. You can pick that up from atariage.com

MusiX
October 3rd, 2007, 10:23
Does this work with PSP slim?

PSPSlimHacks
October 12th, 2007, 00:17
Yes works on the PSP Slim but you have to use the FW 1.00.

Can you guys update this great Lynx port? Its great but the sound is...bad

LS650
October 12th, 2007, 04:38
So if you have a Slim model with say firmware 3.60 or 3.71, you have to downgrade al the way to firmware 1.00?