PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Zero Heads West

wraggster
January 10th, 2009, 01:45
Phantasy Star fans rejoice! The Nintendo DS entry in the series that hit Japan last month is coming to America, as Sega announces Phantasy Star Zero for U.S. and European release next winter.

Phantasy Star Zero is set on an alternate Earth 200 years after a massive war called "The Great Blank" brought civilization to its knees. Humans rebuilt, as they always do, and adventures soon began to strike out beyond the boundaries of human cities in order to hunt monsters.

Players choose one of 14 customizable character types and head out into the wilderness, alone or with friends via wireless or internet play, using the DS touchscreen to scrawl helpful messages and pictures of genitalia in order to communicate.

Definitely a DS title I am looking forward to. Check out the screens below, and then settle back and wait for winter 2009 to roll around.

http://kotaku.com/5127411/phantasy-star-zero-heads-west

Smurph
January 10th, 2009, 02:13
Booyah.

carlitx
January 10th, 2009, 16:27
yaaaay... we wait a whole ****ing year -_-

Jeric
January 10th, 2009, 23:43
Glad its actually getting ported over, but why do they have us wait a whole bloody year (plus whatever the poor sods in Europe/Australia have to wait.

I mean, seriously. Why the delay?

zauberer
January 11th, 2009, 00:23
This is great!
True that it is a long wait, I guess it's because of the language barrier.

Europe has multiple lenguages in one cart so that means more work.

A cart willing to pay 39.99USD

Jeric
January 11th, 2009, 05:52
Uh right.

That would be a valid reason if that were for theeuropean release. From what I read its just the north american release, meaning english only, meaning it shouldn't take a whole year just for it to get ported over.