PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Hypothetical Trophies Or Achievements Would You Like?

wraggster
January 10th, 2009, 10:56
Hello there, It's time for TELL US DAMMIT. We've got a question, you've got answers.

Here's who it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you

You probably know tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

Question: Are there things that you don't typically get Trophies and/or Achievements for, but you'd like to? Stuff that's not the standard "Completed the Game" kind of stuff.

http://kotaku.com/5128073/what-kind-of-hypothetical-trophies-or-achievements-would-you-like

Justise
January 10th, 2009, 14:17
For me, there are 4 kinds of trophies.
Try-out Trophies: Where they give you a mare bronze for giving a try on one of the games futures.
Game-Run Trophies: Where you have to complete a chapter, or a stage, or the game it self in order to take it.
Challenge Trophies: Where they Chalenge you to do crazzy and/or imposible stuff and stuns, to get some bigger trophies.
Extra Trophies: Trophies, usualy hidden, that will be given to you if you do something stuppied or funny.

From them I preffer the game run trophies, since ones you buy a game, completing it is all that matters. The chalenge trophies comes next since they will give you some extra chalenge in case you didn't have enough. Next come the extra tropies, since they award you for doing something strange or funny. The tryout trophies are the most unneeded, since they are basicly free points for something you will eventualy try out.

silverstein101
January 10th, 2009, 16:51
psp trophies, definitely.

Sketchy
January 10th, 2009, 23:39
From them I preffer the game run trophies, since ones you buy a game, completing it is all that matters.

Personally these kind of trophies\achievements suck.
It's like a virtual pat on the back for 'dude u completed it! Well Done!!' It's like the achievement in The Simpsons Game - 'You Pressed Start'....yes there's an achievement for pressing start! WTF

I prefer challenging achievements, like in GTA4 the 'roll ur car 3 times from one collision' or something to that nature. Now that is an achievement!

I'm currently attempting the F.E.A.R achievement, you gotta complete the game without dying!!! Should be fun!

Peace

gutbub
January 13th, 2009, 01:34
I want to see the "I either have too much free time on my hands or I'm a loser with no social life" trophy. Really, who cares.