PDA

View Full Version : [OLD] Dualshock3 Windows Drivers Released

wraggster
January 11th, 2009, 15:03
A japanese coder has released Windows Drivers for the Dualshock 3 PS3 Controllers (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575081617&toolid=10001&campid=5337538482&customid=&icep_uq=dualshock+3&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg) and they also support sixaxis too and even cooler is the fact they support rumble too:

There are 4 drivers in total

ds3drv_1.02 - Normal Driver
ds3drv_dx_1.02 - dx driver
SDDriverSetting - utility to tweak some settings
ForceFeedbackDriver - rumble driver, you need to install the first or second driver too

Installation:
download either the first or second driver, then open the device manager and search for the dualshock/sixaxis under hid devices, it should be called USB Human Interface Device
then choose update driver and select the driver that you just downloaded

Rumble
to install the rumble driver just right click on the .inf file and choose install
when you'll start a game you'll see a tray icon used to tweak rumble settings, the first menu option is to toggle rumble the second one will open a window where you can set the strength of the force feedback

http://i40.tinypic.com/2d11qg.jpg

the first value is the amplification ratio

the second one is the minimum value at which to start the small motors

the third and fourth one are the value of the large motors

the last value is probably the maximum strength

Download All files (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575081617&toolid=10001&campid=5337538482&customid=&icep_uq=dualshock+3&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg) and Give Feedback Via Comments

acn010
January 11th, 2009, 15:05
and its not bluetooth *cries*

hatman101
January 11th, 2009, 18:05

that all you have to say?

Some people....

really surprises me.

Anyways this is awesome

thanks for this.

Big accomplishment

acn010
January 11th, 2009, 18:18
i had been using my ps3 controller on pc way before this app apear so its nothing new

DPyro
January 11th, 2009, 18:34
I have been waiting for this for ages! :D

acn010
January 11th, 2009, 18:42
rumbling feature is a plus! he he

DPyro
January 11th, 2009, 19:15
Hey, does anyone here speak Japanese? I'm trying to translate the program into English.

supra21
January 12th, 2009, 00:35
so how exactly do you install the driver, i plug in my pad nothing gets detected. I am running vista x64.....

Schrade
January 12th, 2009, 01:47
When I try to install the drivers under Windows XP Pro SP3, I get the error:

"The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."

Hungry Horace
January 12th, 2009, 02:10
if it doesnt have bluetooth, its (mostly) been done before.

if it's windows only as well, it's pointless to me.

when i can use bluetooth dualshock 3 on OSX, then i'll be impressed.

hell, i'd even donate.

theotherfreakyguy
January 12th, 2009, 02:40
Meh, rumble is nice, but I already had this. Still, if someone makes it English I will try it. I would be faster than running that app every time I want to play it.

dark79
January 12th, 2009, 03:23
so how exactly do you install the driver, i plug in my pad nothing gets detected. I am running vista x64.....

Looks to me like the drivers are 32-bit only.

My Japanese is very rusty but it looks like the rumble settings say

Small Motor: 5.00
Large Motor (Weak): 10.00 Large Motor (Middle): 30.00
Large Motor (Strong): 60.00

VGamer360
January 12th, 2009, 03:24
I have another question too. I have Xpadder running in the background (from the old DS3 drivers) so I can play other games that don't use a controller. Like star wars republic commando. How do I get that screen icon thing to pop up and work? And what is this bluetooth menu thing under configuration? Does that make it possible to hook up via bluetooth?

DPyro
January 12th, 2009, 04:12
Looks to me like the drivers are 32-bit only.

My Japanese is very rusty but it looks like the rumble settings say

Small Motor: 5.00
Large Motor (Weak): 10.00 Large Motor (Middle): 30.00
Large Motor (Strong): 60.00

Hey, what does the top say? (Top title bar (Rumble Settings?) as well as text by the 2.00)

Also this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2m6ahpf.jpg

ArcticZero
January 12th, 2009, 04:46
I do wish someone would make x64 Sixaxis/DS3 drivers though... The last 64-bit "driver" I tried caused all my USB ports to stop working in Vista x64.

wiggy fuzz
January 12th, 2009, 06:15
i doubt there'll ever be 64 bit drivers for the bluetooth systems - some of the key bits and pieces had stopped being updated around 5 years ago.

which is annoying because the one time i get a laptop with everything built in (built in bluetooth, too - no more dongle) it has a 64 bit OS on that i don't want to remove.

blamblamblam
January 12th, 2009, 06:15
Japanese translation:

Window title: Rumble settings
First input box: Gain [input box] times (i.e., a multiplier)
Widget box heading: Rumble start threshold
Remaining input boxes, top-down, left-right:
a. Small motor
b. Large motor (weak) c. Large motor (medium)
d. Large motor (strong)

Anyone know if there's source code for this available? While I'm asking, is there source for other sixaxis driver(s) out there?

alpaytr
January 12th, 2009, 07:16
didnt worked. Windows said your drivers already updated. No need to update. Also computer didnt see PS3. I mean when i enter the joystick setup of windows. I cant set my sixaxis or dualshock properties. It didnt change anything. Still doesnt work.

ArcticZero
January 12th, 2009, 07:43
Well I mean wired will do for x64. I don't really need Bluetooth anyway since I play in front of my screen...

NeoCyrus
January 12th, 2009, 09:24
I'm using Vista 64 and the method described doesn't work. It simply says "windows has determined your driver for this device is up to date".

Windows doesn't detect it as a controller at all, if I select the generic microsoft driver to be installed (which the stupid BS allows) it will recognize the controller as a sixaxis but it will not work anyway.

dark79
January 12th, 2009, 09:49
Hey, what does the top say? (Top title bar (Rumble Settings?) as well as text by the 2.00)

Also this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2m6ahpf.jpg

Well, since I'm running 64-bit Windows I can only guess what they mean since I can't run the app to see what it actually does. But the first line in the first image says:

Gain: 2.00x

And the two from the second image says:

Vibration Permission
Vibration Setup

Again, my Japanese is extremely rusty, so don't quote me on that. :D Should give you a general idea of what they do. More helpful if you can actually run the app.

times9
January 12th, 2009, 11:01
im in xp and i cant find where it says hid in device managers

times9
January 12th, 2009, 11:07
okay, you have to have the controller plugg into ur machine first lol. once i plugd in the ps3 controller it reconized it without the update,did the update anyway,then lookt into properties to see if its working and it says its working and is ps3 controller???

wocko1
January 12th, 2009, 13:30
Here's a replacement DLL I've hacked to try and translate the text into English. I hope this works.

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I am not responsible for any damage caused.

Please take screenshots, and post them.

Thanks

Wocko

Firehair12000
January 12th, 2009, 14:01
Hi, I had my original SIXAXIS working by having libusb installed and using the SixaxisDriver DriverLoader. Should I uninstall these drivers first as windows doesn't detect the new drivers when I go through device manager. Thanks!

Firehair12000
January 12th, 2009, 14:45
Well I just tried it doing the way he says in the readme and I get "The Specified location does not contain information about your hardware" >.<

Invader
January 12th, 2009, 14:56

try GlovePIE idiot

Kornkid25a
January 12th, 2009, 14:59
I've installed both the DS3 driver and Rumble driver but my pc won't read the controller as a game controller =/
My PC is Vista 32bit.. anyone have any tips on how I can get this working?

DPyro
January 12th, 2009, 15:23
Here's a replacement DLL I've hacked to try and translate the text into English. I hope this works.

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I am not responsible for any damage caused.

Please take screenshots, and post them.

Thanks

Wocko

Aww, you beat me to it. I was about to translate everything :(

EDIT: There were some things you missed, so I tweaked it a little :)

TheHakku
January 12th, 2009, 15:40
I've installed both the DS3 driver and Rumble driver but my pc won't read the controller as a game controller =/
My PC is Vista 32bit.. anyone have any tips on how I can get this working?

It's not working because Vista won't update the HID device with either of the driver files.

Kornkid25a
January 12th, 2009, 15:41
It's not working because Vista won't update the HID device with either of the driver files.
Yes, i just noticed this :(
thanks anyways ^-^, back to the previous sixaxis drivers for me

numyg
January 12th, 2009, 17:17
Thanks A lot!

DPyro
January 12th, 2009, 17:30
You have to force it to install (uncheck show all compatible drivers).

NeoCyrus
January 12th, 2009, 18:30
You have to force it to install (uncheck show all compatible drivers).
I'm not sure what you're referring to, could you be more specific or is that not in Vista?
Does anyone know how I can manually force the drivers to install in Vista?

DPyro
January 12th, 2009, 18:47
In device manager, go to USB HID device. Update driver, browse computer, pick from list, uncheck show compatible drivers. Click have disk and browse to folder with the drivers. It will give you a warning, just click next.

chris-007
January 12th, 2009, 19:42
As I did not see the original links, here they are:

http://www.geocities.jp/tamamy_ikesu/devicedriver.html

and a blog:
http://ameblo.jp/tamanotsuribori/

I never used the old libusb method, I feared it could mess up some USB things...
Maybe it's now time to try this "real" driver.

coreysnyder04
January 12th, 2009, 20:45
In device manager, go to USB HID device. Update driver, browse computer, pick from list, uncheck show compatible drivers. Click have disk and browse to folder with the drivers. It will give you a warning, just click next.

I tried this step by step and it didn't work. First off I have 4 USB Human Interface devices listed. So I tried it on them all. I don't even think thats the PS3 controller as when I unplug the controller a different option "HID-compliant Game Controller" dissapears. Which I tried it on that too and it doesn't work.

I right click on it, and go to update driver.
I click No at the "connect to WIndows UPdate"
I click "Install froma list or specific location (Advanced)"
I click "Don't search I will choose the driver to install"
I uncheck the check box.
I click "Have Disk.."
I browse to the location of the drivers I download and click on either one. And I hit OK.
And every time it says "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."

I have XP Pro and its all updated.

DPyro
January 12th, 2009, 20:58
Did you browse to the correct drivers? I just used the link to the normal drivers and it installed fine.

Shrygue
January 12th, 2009, 21:45
Wow, so a new driver for the PS3 controller, and in particular, the Dualshock 3. Good to hear about the rumble support, I'll download and try it out sometime.

billy112
January 12th, 2009, 21:51
how do i find out if this works or not, i installed it correctly and now i need a sure fire way to know if this works. dose anyone have a way for me to know for sure

DPyro
January 12th, 2009, 22:04
Just run a game in PJ64 ;) Works alright, though I think you should use a better controller plugin.

billy112
January 12th, 2009, 22:12
thanks man, but now im gettiing 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)" what dose this mean?????

railven
January 13th, 2009, 00:15
I tried this step by step and it didn't work. First off I have 4 USB Human Interface devices listed. So I tried it on them all. I don't even think thats the PS3 controller as when I unplug the controller a different option "HID-compliant Game Controller" dissapears. Which I tried it on that too and it doesn't work.

I right click on it, and go to update driver.
I click No at the "connect to WIndows UPdate"
I click "Install froma list or specific location (Advanced)"
I click "Don't search I will choose the driver to install"
I uncheck the check box.
I click "Have Disk.."
I browse to the location of the drivers I download and click on either one. And I hit OK.
And every time it says "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."

I have XP Pro and its all updated.

Finally, this page loaded...

Not sure if you fixed it for you, but I was running into the same wall. Under the tree: [Human Interface Devices] the HID Game device kept popping up when I connected/disconnected the Sixaxis/DS3.

So I doubled clicked each entry in the tree looking at the Location, when finally the last [USB Human Interface Device] had under location something along the lines of "Playstation3" that is where I tried to update the driver and it worked.

I hope this helps you.

NeoCyrus
January 13th, 2009, 01:22
Yeah I figured that's what you meant. It simply doesn't work, it says to check to make sure it's compatible with x64 systems and won't let me install it anyway.

DPyro
January 13th, 2009, 02:52
This only works on 32-bit systems.

Zenggrot
January 13th, 2009, 04:06
Wow It's Working Great...:thumbup:
I Tested With PURE ( Racing Game ) And Everything
Work Fine... :thumbup:

noskid21
January 13th, 2009, 05:14
is it possible to install it in vista x64?

michio
January 13th, 2009, 05:55
I must be doing something wrong here??

1. Extracted either the dx/normal drivers
2. Extracted the rumble file as well
3. Manually installed the dx driver even though its not digitally signed and computer restarts
4. Installed the dualshock3 rumble file

Device manager says the device cannot start...

P.S: I tried this both on windows xp and windows 7 both 32bit editions and no luck plus I changed HID to USB and vice versa with no luck.

flipout707
January 13th, 2009, 08:58
for da guy wit da mac osx.. what games wud u use your "bluetooth dualshock 3" for on your os x LOL. some hardcore gaming huh ;)

Tattoo69
January 13th, 2009, 13:33
I installed the drivers for vista ignoring the 'driver is not signed' warning.

Now it detects the DS3, but i cant get it to work. I tried to play trackmania nations forever with it but it detects nothing when I press something.

So in control panel I went, the controller status is OK. But I cant calibrate it, and it doesnt detect my buttonpressing or the moving of the sticks :(

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

EDIT:

NEVERMIND

I used another usb port and reinstalled and it works perfectly now :D

DPyro
January 13th, 2009, 16:23
Eh, you also have to make sure you press the PS button to calibrate it.

jiimvesilli
January 14th, 2009, 00:37
has any one translated the SDDriver settings yet? i cant read Japanese and translation would be nice

DPyro
January 14th, 2009, 03:47
I translated some of it but to be honest I don't think that program is very useful anyway.

rambler358
January 14th, 2009, 03:48
Has anyone got this working under Vista x64? :confused:

DPyro
January 14th, 2009, 03:58
Read the whole thread dude, this is only for 32bit systems. There are no 64bit drivers.

rambler358
January 14th, 2009, 04:04
Okay, thanks.

A slightly OT response, but has anyone gotten their PS3 controller working under Vista x64 via some other method? Thanks.

evi1d33d
January 14th, 2009, 04:31
Here's my poor attempt on translating the SDDriver setting.

powercllaw
January 15th, 2009, 05:09
I had already finished successfully.Please select another term and install the drive.You will find it OK. Maybe you will need to reset the game-controller.

kurono-
January 15th, 2009, 20:27
I just did this on my Vista laptop and it worked! Thanks! :)

Izy2091
January 15th, 2009, 21:57
Just run a game in PJ64 ;) Works alright, though I think you should use a better controller plugin.

i still dont know if its working. dose any one know how to test it?

I'm trying the PJ64 thing $n!pR suggested but i have no idea how to use it please, please help. I need this I finally got ff7 on my com but the controls are really uncomfortable and playing portal: still-alive with a controller will be so much easier for me

Cage
January 16th, 2009, 00:00
Hi all. . seems i have everything working. I can calibrate it, I see the little icon down in the trey to adjust the force feedback, but cant seem to get it to work with any games.

So far i have tried it with Crisis, Area 51, COD5, and Doom 3. No luck though. . .

Can anyone confirm if they have gotten this to work with any of these games. . thanks

DarkAegis
January 16th, 2009, 22:35
Yeah, it worked perfectly for me in Prince of Persia after I remapped the controls to use the Dualshock, unfortunately, I can't get the rumble to even show itself in Vista. I've tried installing the drivers multiple times, but the little icon doesn't even pop up in the taskbar.

Everything else is working perfectly.

The secret to getting it to work in Vista is to force install via "let me choose a driver for my device" and hit the PS button on the calibrate screen to get it working well. That's what works for me at least.

DPyro
January 16th, 2009, 23:09
Might want to try Glovepie as well

Chibito
January 17th, 2009, 08:51
What's the difference between "DX" and Normal"? I assume I have to unzip them, could you clarify the step by step a bit? EDIT: Reading the thread again helped me understand the rest of it, thanks! (Chose "Have Disk" or something like that and Browsed to the .nfo.)

blu3print
January 18th, 2009, 01:32
dl and tried it and got it working..tested with GTR2... Z axis calibration issues though

dk7894
January 18th, 2009, 07:16
i am trying to setup my bualshock3 to run on vista
i just got it today
i have loaded all four files setup the device manager
my controller does not have the PS button light on
and i checked i dont have a .inf files from the files i downloaded
ive been without a controller for over a week and i am starting to go thru withdraws.....

alba
January 18th, 2009, 17:00
Works nice on XP SP2.
Tested with MGS2.
Took me some time to understand that the PS button needs to be pushed to get it working :D

gotenksjr3
January 20th, 2009, 10:13
Thanks, it basically seems to work at my end.

It works fine for some applications I've tried, and windows lets me configure it properly. Having some trouble in one game though, Melty Blood AC. The button config there doesn't seem to detect some of the buttons at all, most notably Square, Triangle, Circle and X.
If I had to take a guess, I'd have to say the game isn't detecting any buttons mapped greater than 10 on the windows config. Is there some way to modify the ordering, or has anyone come across anything similar with older games?
The machine is running XP SP3 and it's a DS3 controller, if that information is relevant.

sesim
January 23rd, 2009, 13:46
x64 xp drivers please....:(

milkyline
January 25th, 2009, 03:41
Anyone know if this is open source?

loganusn
January 26th, 2009, 01:25
i"ve extracted the files from those links provided after downloading, what next?

7 hit combo
January 26th, 2009, 02:10
could it be used on something like mame32?

LucasUP
January 26th, 2009, 06:32
EDIT: I managed to get DS3's buttons AND rumble to work with my computer AND ePSXe!! Anyone who's curious on how to do it, I used
ePSXe 1.7
Port 1 settings:
DualAnalog (NOT DualShock)
Rumble:
Type: DX Joy 1
Big motor: constant
Small motor: sine

pharsouthe
February 3rd, 2009, 18:49
Whoever posted the info for making your ps3 controller work on your pc is wrong becuase i've tried everything to get it to work step by step and nothing can somebody please help me with this I am using windows xp x64edition on a 64bit system any suggestions on how to make this work anything

pcjonathan
February 15th, 2009, 04:11
Changing the buttons. Got it working with Tm Nations BUT the buttons are buggered up. Select is forward. Left analog is correct. Anyway to totally change all of this?

raden912
February 16th, 2009, 02:50
these are 32 bit drivers so it wont work on 64 bit. sucks too since i have 64 bit

Beto San
March 3rd, 2009, 00:57
Is there a way to make lit only the first led, because in my controller the four leds are flashing.

KillerBug
March 6th, 2009, 11:29
Why bother? There was already a 32-Bit driver that was released about a week after the PS3. I guess this programer does not use google.

It is very sad that no one seems to be able to make a simple HID driver for x64 windows (vista or xp). I am not a programmer, but if $20 gamepads have x64 drivers, you would think a $50 gamepad would also! I bet sony would make a fed extra $ selling controlers to the PC community if they would just write some drivers.

hoot uk
March 6th, 2009, 18:30
init

i_spike
March 14th, 2009, 21:31
Hello ACN010!

can you send me by mail the flash animation you have in your signature please?

I love it!!

mail: [email protected]

thanks!!

doobie445
March 15th, 2009, 14:54
it wont work. downloaded it to desktop and went to divice manager and my controller comes up as an hid game controller but doesnt work. then i try to update the driver and it cant find it. plz help thx.

pilot091286
March 21st, 2009, 06:19
got all it working but it rumbles constantly is there a way to make it only rumble only when i hit something on racing games?

and is there any way to get the motion control to work
ive seen it done on youtube but how?

TBMFan
March 21st, 2009, 12:43
No problem here with Vista
You just need to press the analog button after you plugin in the cable and hold the button for @ least 10 seconds

TBMFan
March 21st, 2009, 13:58
Is there a way to make lit only the first led, because in my controller the four leds are flashing.

I run PCSX2 and then the ROM i want to load
then plug the controller in all 4 leds are flashing
press Analog/PS Button till the buttons stops flashing

Justino12345678
April 5th, 2009, 20:04
ok.....i downloaded it all and when i go to update the driver, it wont let me change it cause it thinks the one already installed is "best" for it >:(

ACXIE
April 11th, 2009, 23:05
this is other version driver with vibration and easy to installwww.motioninjoy.com (http://www.motioninjoy.com)

Ice_Kold_Killa
April 24th, 2009, 10:27
A japanese coder has released Windows Drivers for the Dualshock 3 PS3 Controllers (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Playstation_3_SONY_Dual_Shock_3_Silver__Jap_versio n_.html?aff_id=24) and they also support sixaxis too and even cooler is the fact they support rumble too:

ForceFeedbackDriver - rumble driver, you need to install the first or second driver too

Installation:
download either the first or second driver, then open the device manager and search for the dualshock/sixaxis under hid devices, it should be called USB Human Interface Device

Rumble
to install the rumble driver just right click on the .inf file and choose install
when you'll start a game you'll see a tray icon used to tweak rumble settings, the first menu option is to toggle rumble the second one will open a window where you can set the strength of the force feedback

Download All files and Give Feedback Via Comments
can any1 tell me what they mean by OPEN THE DEVICE MANAGER....???

Shrygue
April 24th, 2009, 20:19
Go to the Start Menu, right click My Computer, choose Manage and then pick Device Manager in the Computer Mangement window.

ybuckner
May 2nd, 2009, 00:00
not working for me. i try to update the driver, it says the most up to date driver is alrady there. control is detected under control panel > hardware > game controllers, but it won't calibrate or register. I've installed 4 different drivers and followed the instructions to the letter, copying files to appropriate paths and so on. Any ideas?

ACXIE
May 4th, 2009, 16:59
you must do it as follows:
select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
select "Have Disk..."
you can refer to http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/show/5

64bit driver refer to http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/show/7

SC7639
May 7th, 2009, 22:43
I keep getting: "Windows has determined that the driver software for your device is up to date" Any idea what i can do to still over right the driver?

bevoer
May 8th, 2009, 07:49
thanks!good !!

. (http://shun_saleisha.mysinablog.com/). (http://blog.qooza.hk/designhk). (http://www.funmomo.net/fashionhk). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/saleishashun). (http://fashion986.wordpress.com/). (http://fashion99.wordpress.com/). (http://blog.udn.com/saleisha). (http://blog.udn.com/memegirl). (http://fly008k.livejournal.com/). (http://blog.xuite.net/saleisha/986). (http://blog.yam.com/oksaleisha). (http://seagirl008.blogsome.com/). (http://blog.roodo.com/fashionlife). (http://cuthearthk.sosblog.com/). (http://blog.pixnet.net/saleishashun). (http://blog.tbar360.com/oblog312/User200805/fly008k/index.html). (http://www.ithome.com.tw/plog/index.php?blogId=976). (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/saleishashun/). (http://blog.sina.com.tw/saleisha001/). (http://shishuilink.english.to/). (http://fashion99.blog.com/). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/skygirl0808). (http://skygirl0808.mysinablog.com/). (http://cnfishgirl.mocasting.com/). (http://hkseagirl.mysinablog.com/). (http://designshow.mysinablog.com/). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/shishuilink). (http://shishuilink.mysinablog.com/). (http://cnfishgirl.mysinablog.com/). (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/googoo-hk/). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/seagirlhk). (http://hkseagirl.blogspot.com/). (http://diary.blog.yam.com/seagirlhk). (http://www.wretch.cc/blog/googoohk%C2%A0). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/citysgirl). (http://showgirlhk.blogspot.com/). (http://blog.sina.com.tw/googoohk/). (http://shishuilink.blogspot.com/). (http://space.uwants.com/?3465931). (http://blog.sina.com.tw/shishuilink/). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/cnfishgirl). (http://space.uwants.com/?3469420). (http://cnfishgirl.blogspot.com/). (http://blog.sina.com.tw/cnfishgirl/). (http://www.xanga.com/cnfishgirl). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/xiaoke-sky). (http://shishuiliuyun986.mysinablog.com/). (http://hk.zorpia.com/cheesegirl)

d2dak87
May 27th, 2009, 18:47
im using a laptop with vista installed an iv followed all the instructons for this app an its still not working. my device manager spots my controller as usb hid. an in the control panel computer controllers bit it recognises the controller as a ds3, yet all my efforts have prevailed! anyone got any ideas? this would work with a snes emulator right?

ac0lyt3
June 5th, 2009, 08:02
First up, for anyone failing to install this for Vista x64, there is a simple reason for this. These drivers are unsigned and as such will never be allowed to be installed by that OS. Even if someone writes an x64 compatible driver, it will only ever load into XP x64 as Vista 64 will not allow it.

For everyone else having difficulty who is not running a 64bit OS, many systems have multiple HID entries in their device manager. They can be anything from a keyboard, mouse or fancy game pad. There are other devices that come under this category as well. The easiest way to find the right entry is to do the following.

1. Open Device Manager. The most universal method to do this is to open Control Panel, then open System. If you are running XP, click the tab called Hardware. From this tab there is a button marked Device Manager. If you are running Vista there will be a link on the left side of the System window.

2. From Device Manager, open the view menu and click "Devices by connection". This will rearrange the device tree into the hiearchy of device connections.

3. Expand the ACPI x86-based PC tree, then the Microsoft ACPI-compliant System, PCI bus tree.

4. From that view you should see a number of entries that have the term USB Universal Host Controller in their titles. Make sure that the DS3 is NOT plugged in and then expand each USB UHC entry. They will all have a USB Root Hub which may or may not be expandable. Expand the ones that are and make note of the devices listed under them.

5. Once you have noted the existing HID devices attached to all of your USB Root Hubs, plug in your DS3. Depending on the version of windows you have, you may need to click the refresh button at the top of the screen (or press the F5 key) to see your DS3 added to the root hubs. On Vista it comes up as a USB Human Interface Device with a "HID-compliant game controller" nested under it, I suspect that XP will have a similar description.

7. Once you have located the CORRECT HID entry, right-click it and select "Update driver software". Under Vista click Browse my computer for driver software. Then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Click the "Have Disk" button then browse to where you extracted the driver to. Click on the dualshock3.inf then click Open. Click ok then click next on the Update Driver Software wizard. You should see the message "Windows has successfully updated your driver software". Click close then check for the DS3 in your game controllers under control panel.

You may need to press the PS button on the DS3 before it will register responses from the Game Controllers test screen. I hope this explanation helps a lot of the less computer literate out there.

Johnnaris
June 6th, 2009, 01:34
simulation credit (http://simulationcredit1.com)

Thanks for sharing. It's great.

dcdood
June 9th, 2009, 07:04
does it pickup sixaxis?

takeiteasy
June 23rd, 2009, 10:42
Netbook review (http://www.netbooksfactory.com/Netbook-review.html) Non-Woven Bag (http://www.polybag.com.hk/non-woven.htm) Plastic Bag (http://www.polybag.com.hk/plastic_loop.htm) Kid Hat (http://www.hats-manufacturer.com/Kid-hats.html) Men hats (http://www.hats-manufacturer.com/Men-hats.html) Shopping Bag (http://www.polybag.com.hk/product_list.htm) Ladies Hats (http://www.hats-manufacturer.com/Ladies-Hats.html) Occasion Hats (http://www.hats-manufacturer.com/Occasion-Hats-Hair-Fascinators.html) Straw Hats (http://www.hats-manufacturer.com/Straw-Hats.html) Netbook wholesale (http://www.netbooksfactory.com/Netbook-wholesale.html) Netbook manufacturer (http://www.netbooksfactory.com/Netbook-manufacturer.html) Cooler Bag (http://www.polybag.com.hk/cooler.htm)

it is nice,thank you

gmery
June 28th, 2009, 04:42
hello id like to know if there is an english translation of the SDDriver setting file, since i play racedriver GRID and the left joystick seems way too sensible for that, it used to run perfectly on sensibility when i was using the lilhub usb driver could anyone help me? thankyou.

mon_diesle
July 19th, 2009, 20:57
I'm using vista 32 bit os.

I went to device manager, right clicked on usb human interface device, clicked update driver. I can only select which folder windows will search for a new driver, and it (windows) always determines that it already posses the best drivers. So therefore, I cannot update to these drivers. Please help.

jokeli
July 22nd, 2009, 10:53
Nice article, but old info.
. (http://sale09.blog3.petitmall.jp/blog-entry-2.html). (http://sale09.eklablog.com/article-116442-575923.html). (http://sale09.jugem.jp/?eid=2). (http://showsale.journalhub.com/2009/07/13/feeling/). (http://www.showsale.blogonize.com/print/18941.html). (http://blog.24reader.com/showsale/2009/07/13/idea/). (http://sale09.saitamania.net/e101846.html). (http://sale09.hamazo.tv/e1900615.html). (http://blog.sandiegotown.com/showsale/?eid=24129). (http://sale0909.unblog.fr/2009/07/11/3/). (http://sale09.blogspot.es/1247471298/%E8%87%AA%E5%B7%B1%E6%B1%BA%E5%AE%9A%E8%87%AA%E5%B 7%B1%E6%88%90%E5%B0%B1%E7%9A%84%E9%AB%98%E4%BD%8E/). (http://showsale.blogmas.com/2009/07/12/love/). (http://showsale.blogetery.com/2009/07/13/true/). (http://showsale.blogage.de/entries/2009/7/13/---). (http://showsale.uniterre.com/94211/%E5%8D%81%E5%B9%B4%E5%BE%8C%EF%BC%8C%E8%A8%98%E5%B E%97%E4%BE%86%E5%A8%B6%E6%88%91.html). (http://showsale.tumblr.com/post/139455860). (http://sale09.createblog.com/blog/entry.php?id=25620). (http://sale09.namjai.cc/e11188.html). (http://sale09.ti-da.net/e2493716.html). (http://sale09.i-yoblog.com/e184031.html). (http://sale09.da-te.jp/e194603.html). (http://sale09.blog.lu/post/706/3719). (http://blog.bitcomet.com/goodshow/post_102459/). (http://showsale.blog.com/2009/07/11/soul/). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/linsale18/article?mid=3). (http://sale0909.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%21B9BB131DA7A2ECC6%21117.entry). (http://sale09.mysinablog.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=1818263). (http://showsale.blog126.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html). (http://blog.qooza.hk/sale09?eid=14150278). (http://showsale.ycool.com/post.3413077.html). (http://blog.sina.com.tw/showsale/article.php?pbgid=84400&entryid=595627). (http://diary.blog.yam.com/showsale/article/7435347). (http://showsale.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post_10.html). (http://sale09.pixnet.net/blog/post/26299116). (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/linsale18/article?mid=2). (http://www.wretch.cc/blog/linsale18/454183). (http://www.33db.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=19&blogId=8). (http://blog.xuite.net/sale09/blog/25322514). (http://sale09.blog.ithome.com.tw/post/2222/28484). (http://fashionshow99.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post_10.html). (http://hi.fdlive.com/node/12092). (http://fashionshow99.xanga.com/706855269/2345026399223203573133258240492816538646/). (http://blog.sina.com.tw/fashionshow/article.php?pbgid=84417&entryid=586154). (http://meco.namjai.cc/e11150.html). (http://blog.qooza.hk/fashionshow?eid=14148496). (http://blog.yam.com/fashionshow99/article/22592404). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/memegoli/article?mid=2). (http://blog.bitcomet.com/fashionshow/post_102365/). (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/memegoli/article?mid=2). (http://fashionshow99.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%211C8FBE4D48B94A43%21123.entry). (http://sale09.blog3.petitmall.jp/blog-entry-1.html). (http://sale09.eklablog.com/article-116442-575921.html). (http://sale09.jugem.jp/?eid=1). (http://showsale.journalhub.com/2009/07/13/men/). (http://www.showsale.blogonize.com/print/18940.html). (http://blog.24reader.com/showsale/2009/07/13/old/). (http://sale09.saitamania.net/e101845.html). (http://sale09.hamazo.tv/e1900609.html). (http://blog.sandiegotown.com/showsale/?eid=24127). (http://sale0909.unblog.fr/2009/07/13/4/). (http://sale09.blogspot.es/1247471439/%E5%BE%9E%E7%A0%B4%E6%B0%B4%E6%A1%B6%E4%B8%AD%E7%9 C%8B%E5%88%B0%E7%9A%84%E5%93%B2%E7%90%86/). (http://showsale.blogmas.com/2009/07/12/word/). (http://showsale.blogetery.com/2009/07/13/summer/). (http://showsale.blogage.de/entries/2009/7/13/----1). (http://showsale.uniterre.com/94210/%E6%84%9B%E9%9B%A2%E5%88%A5%E5%9B%9E%E6%86%B6.html ). (http://showsale.tumblr.com/post/139453271). (http://sale09.createblog.com/blog/entry.php?id=25513). (http://sale09.namjai.cc/e11187.html). (http://sale09.ti-da.net/e2493713.html). (http://sale09.i-yoblog.com/e184028.html). (http://sale09.da-te.jp/e194597.html). (http://sale09.blog.lu/post/706/3718). (http://blog.bitcomet.com/goodshow/post_102458/). (http://showsale.blog.com/2009/07/11/life/). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/linsale18/article?mid=2). (http://sale0909.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%21B9BB131DA7A2ECC6%21116.entry). (http://sale09.mysinablog.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=1818259). (http://showsale.blog126.fc2.com/blog-entry-2.html). (http://blog.qooza.hk/sale09?eid=14150311). (http://showsale.ycool.com/post.3413063.html). (http://blog.sina.com.tw/showsale/article.php?pbgid=84400&entryid=595625). (http://diary.blog.yam.com/showsale/article/7435341). (http://showsale.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post.html). (http://sale09.pixnet.net/blog/post/26299083). (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/linsale18/article?mid=1). (http://www.wretch.cc/blog/linsale18/454178). (http://www.33db.com/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=18&blogId=8). (http://blog.xuite.net/sale09/blog/25322438). (http://sale09.blog.ithome.com.tw/post/2222/28483). (http://fashionshow99.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post.html). (http://hi.fdlive.com/node/12091). (http://fashionshow99.xanga.com/706854819/263771996831278822028165285008221/). (http://blog.sina.com.tw/fashionshow/article.php?pbgid=84417&entryid=586153). (http://meco.namjai.cc/e11149.html). (http://blog.qooza.hk/fashionshow?eid=14148467). (http://blog.yam.com/fashionshow99/article/22591032). (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/memegoli/article?mid=1). (http://blog.bitcomet.com/fashionshow/post_102364/). (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/memegoli/article?mid=1). (http://fashionshow99.spaces.live.com/blog/cns%211C8FBE4D48B94A43%21122.entry)

takeiteasy
August 4th, 2009, 09:33
does it pickup sixaxis?

sunshine (http://www.iseekblog.com/simpleamy/114239/In+early+morning%2C+experience+the+beauty+of+the+s unshine+.html) 陽光 (http://simpleamy66.xanga.com/707413092/385252080965292251052571124859303402577125545/) Their (http://www.hyperblogs.net/simpleamy/30956/Their+world+.html) time (http://simpleamy.blogsarena.com/164512/Catch+up+with+time+.html) Experience (http://www.justblogme.com/simpleamy/181582/Experience+afternoon+sunshine.html) Impression (http://www.iblogme.com/simpleamy/109905/+Impression+.html) gone far (http://www.bahraichblogs.com/simpleamy/43700/) forgotten (http://simpleamy.desiblogz.com/30487/Have+forgotten+the+love+silently.html) calm (http://www.blogigo.com/travelalone/The-noisy-child-should-close-the-black-house/4/) live (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cocolung/blog/2009/07/17/Some-live-and-look-like-the-drugs-) Cigarette plot (http://simpleamy.tenkomori.tv/e110881.html) 海賊王 (http://onepiece.blogs.courrierinternational.com/archive/2009/07/17/%E5%A4%9A%E5%B9%B4%E8%BF%BD%E9%9A%A8%E5%BF%83%E6%8 4%9B%E7%9A%84%E6%B5%B7%E8%B3%8A%E7%8E%8B.html) 一朵花 (http://simpleamy.blog126.fc2.com/blog-entry-1.html) sorrow (http://takeiteasy.us.splinder.com/post/785125/Beautiful+sorrow) now (http://www.i-parrot.net/blog/takeiteasy/) young (http://simpleamy.wetpaint.com/page/Don%27t+make+young+becomeing+regrettable) pigeon (http://pigoen.radilog.net/article/436774.html) each other (http://lovegarden.gnomz.com/44169-each-other.html) shopping (http://shopping.tokyobookmark.jp/e21011652.html) happiness (http://lovegarden.supersized.org/archives/4-Look-happiness-alone.html) grows up (http://blog.livedoor.jp/simpleamy/archives/1144775.html) purity (http://simpleamy.blog.hu/2009/07/18/i_wish_still_pure)

gamer1212
September 10th, 2009, 19:08
Though the style of writing is good, we all know this info well before...

Voradors
October 15th, 2009, 20:56
Ok, so will these drives work with a wirless PS3 Dualshock 3 controller connected to a windows XP 32 bit system via the mini-usb, and NOT the wireless bluetooth connection?

I ask because my laptop is kinda old and doesnt have bluetooth....so i need something that will work via the USB.

OcMurf
October 20th, 2009, 22:22
this is not impressive at all get it too work on vista 64bit and ill say good work

OcMurf
October 20th, 2009, 22:37
First up, for anyone failing to install this for Vista x64, there is a simple reason for this. These drivers are unsigned and as such will never be allowed to be installed by that OS. Even if someone writes an x64 compatible driver, it will only ever load into XP x64 as Vista 64 will not allow it.

For everyone else having difficulty who is not running a 64bit OS, many systems have multiple HID entries in their device manager. They can be anything from a keyboard, mouse or fancy game pad. There are other devices that come under this category as well. The easiest way to find the right entry is to do the following.

1. Open Device Manager. The most universal method to do this is to open Control Panel, then open System. If you are running XP, click the tab called Hardware. From this tab there is a button marked Device Manager. If you are running Vista there will be a link on the left side of the System window.

2. From Device Manager, open the view menu and click "Devices by connection". This will rearrange the device tree into the hiearchy of device connections.

3. Expand the ACPI x86-based PC tree, then the Microsoft ACPI-compliant System, PCI bus tree.

4. From that view you should see a number of entries that have the term USB Universal Host Controller in their titles. Make sure that the DS3 is NOT plugged in and then expand each USB UHC entry. They will all have a USB Root Hub which may or may not be expandable. Expand the ones that are and make note of the devices listed under them.

5. Once you have noted the existing HID devices attached to all of your USB Root Hubs, plug in your DS3. Depending on the version of windows you have, you may need to click the refresh button at the top of the screen (or press the F5 key) to see your DS3 added to the root hubs. On Vista it comes up as a USB Human Interface Device with a "HID-compliant game controller" nested under it, I suspect that XP will have a similar description.

7. Once you have located the CORRECT HID entry, right-click it and select "Update driver software". Under Vista click Browse my computer for driver software. Then click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Click the "Have Disk" button then browse to where you extracted the driver to. Click on the dualshock3.inf then click Open. Click ok then click next on the Update Driver Software wizard. You should see the message "Windows has successfully updated your driver software". Click close then check for the DS3 in your game controllers under control panel.

You may need to press the PS button on the DS3 before it will register responses from the Game Controllers test screen. I hope this explanation helps a lot of the less computer literate out there.

now after hard research for us 64bit vista user i have came up with info from

http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

apperantly u can turn off the digital signature enforcement

although he does it on win7 and vista well i dont know how to get that screen up but it is possible apperantly any help for me if you's get it too work

Voradors
October 22nd, 2009, 16:32
Ok, so will these drives work with a wirless PS3 Dualshock 3 controller connected to a windows XP 32 bit system via the mini-usb, and NOT the wireless bluetooth connection?

I ask because my laptop is kinda old and doesnt have bluetooth....so i need something that will work via the USB.

anyone please?

Xanduron
October 31st, 2009, 20:04
I just installed it on a 32 bit winXp machine... ppl should try things that are as simple as installing themselves before asking questions

torydee
November 12th, 2009, 21:29
when i try to install the .inf file an error pops up that said "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation" please help
i have a windows vista 64bit and 4gb of ram

Shrygue
November 12th, 2009, 23:42
Try using the drivers found right here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=257947).

Alazrian
December 11th, 2009, 11:09
I try to make the sixasix controller working, but once the driver is installed, Windows 7 (32 bits) don't see the PS3 controller.
The driver doesn't work at all.
I try many other methods I have seen but all have failed.

IceKoldKilla
December 11th, 2009, 14:52
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x32 and I go under the Device Manager and everything he says is there but when i wanna chose the file I downloaded i can't simply because it doesn't appear and i downloaded both and re-downloaded but still appears as the .sys file isn't there :( HELP!

Tejobond007
December 12th, 2009, 06:11

Yea I dont know what to do either. I downloaded the normal driver, rumble thing and settings thing and am running Windows XP. And how do I get to the device manager?

Tejobond007
December 12th, 2009, 06:15
So how do I set this up? I download the normal driver, rumble driver, and settings driver and am running windows xp (I think) SP3. Also, how do u go to the device manger again?

Mjolnirmarkfive
December 12th, 2009, 14:45
http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Ps3Controller

PS3GAMER82
December 26th, 2009, 20:39
confused :(

relic
December 28th, 2009, 02:52
to all the complainers: if you can do a better job then stop complaining and whining and write a better app. and if you cannot do so, then SHUT-UP.

ShadeC4
January 29th, 2010, 04:57
To get to Device Manager in Windows XP: Control Panel > System > Hardware (tab) > Device Manager

If your Control Panel is in category view, then go to Performance and Maintenance to access "System."

And, since this IS going to be asked (if not has already been asked)... hid = "Human Interface Devices." Once there, make sure that you have only one "USB Human Interface Device." If there are more than 1, start disconnecting other USB devices till there is only 1 left (i.e. do NOT disconnect your PS3 controller).

Select: "Install from list or specify location (Advanced)"
-"Don't search. I will choose the driver to install."
-click "Have Disk..." and manually enter the location as Windows won't acknowledge whatever location you specify most likely (I just copy/pasted the location from the address bar of the folder)

It'll complain about it not being digitally signed, so just click "Continue Anyway." Once that's done it should be installed... If you had to disconnect any other USB devices, it's safe to put them back in now. In Device Manager, your PS3 controller should now be labeled as "DUALSHOCK3 Controller HID Minidriver (USB) Beta."

For the Force Feedback thing, right click it and select "Install." And that should be that...

And please remember that this is for Windows XP ONLY. Don't ask me about Vista, 7 or whatever... I'm still on XP and don't plan on going anywhere else any time soon. Don't try and convince me to change either as I can't afford it right now.

BikeNutt
January 29th, 2010, 14:46
Is it possible to re-assign the buttons somehow? Everything works fine but, if playing Mame Space Harrier for example, the fire button is the select button which is a PITA.

EDIT: Ahh, not to worry just seen there are new drivers in the 32 and 64 bit Dualshock 3 drivers for Windows XP, Vista and 7 thread. I'll try that.

Babestar
February 12th, 2010, 12:49
i instaled the rumble driver but the window does not appear... can smeone please help me thx... =D

BTW I am using windows 7 but that shoud be no issue since it is ultimate it is EVERY OS compatible...

(I tried it on assassins creed but the window never came up)

jpug
February 18th, 2010, 17:26
merci je test

Heiro10
February 19th, 2010, 17:09
A japanese coder has released Windows Drivers for the Dualshock 3 PS3 Controllers (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/Playstation_3_SONY_Dual_Shock_3_Silver__Jap_versio n_.html?aff_id=24) and they also support sixaxis too and even cooler is the fact they support rumble too:

Installation:

Rumble

Download All files and Give Feedback Via Comments

Trying to download the attached files but each time I try one of the first 2 links it takes me to a blank page and no prompts to open or save any kind of file. I just registered to download these if that could be the problem.

spakl
February 28th, 2010, 05:13
i cant download any of the files

Afrikaa
March 5th, 2010, 12:55
when i try installing the inf it says:
Error: “The inf file you selected does not support this method of installation”

ACXIE
March 5th, 2010, 14:29
why did you not try Motioninjoy (http://www.motioninjoy.com)

kx9313
March 6th, 2010, 02:23
Hi, is there any danger for the controler we can still play with it on the ps3???:confused:

Shrygue
March 7th, 2010, 00:37
There is no danger to the controller. If you use on the computer, it can still be used on the PS3. Also, this thread is done as it holds old drivers. Please use the ones Motionjoy provides.

Thread closed