PDA

View Full Version : FlashMod Version 2.0 for Firmware 1.00, 1.50, and 2.00

wraggster
January 29th, 2006, 10:12
IchigoKurosaki has updated his Flashmod app to work on v1.0 and v2.0 firmwares. Heres the info:

<blockquote>Developer's Note: I have a 1.50 PSP and i didn't really feel like upgradeing then downgradeing tonight just to test something that should work seeing that there was no real editing to the code just swaping of PRX files.

Features for Firmware 2.00:
Load UMD's with CPU clocked at 333 and GPU clocked at 166
Restore/Edit XMB Menu Names (Can't use PSP Menu Edit by Loco for Firmware 2.00)

Features for Firmware 1.50:
Load UMD's with 2.00 or higher support (Has not been improved)
Restore/Remove asura effect
Restore/Add custom backgrounds
Restore/Edit XMB menu names
Version reminder removed due to complaints

Features for Firmware 1.00:
Load UMD's with 2.00 or higher support
Restore/Remove asura effect
Restore/Add custom backgrounds
Restore/Edit XMB menu names (Can't use PSP Menu Edit by Loco for Firmware 1.00)

This agreement is due to FlashMod being Open Source and Public Domain which could cause people to download a Version of FlashMod that might not be from Orbis PSP Development. So for yours protection I urge you not to download FlashMod if it does not say Orbis PSP Development. As for people that want to release their own version of FlashMod please tell me before releasing any unofficial versions.

I Agree by downloading FlashMod Version 2.0 that I relinquish Orbis PSP Development of any liabilities concerning the software effect on my PSP.</blockquote>

Warning any program that writes to your PSP's flash memory has the potential to damage your PSP. So if in doubt do not use.

Download via comments

jarraman
January 29th, 2006, 11:09
do i have to have original background on my psp v 1.50 euro also the winrar file is corrupt and the app won't work :confused:

Super Menteur
January 29th, 2006, 13:10
I don't really understand what is the objective of this program. What will do this program if I install it on my PSP 1.50 JAP? It can launch 2.XX UMDs with FFFED3 Error ?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 29th, 2006, 15:03
pardon me for bieng stoopid but what is it ??? a replacement dash for the psp or what ??

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 29th, 2006, 15:06
Yeah like Jarraman said the rar is corrupt menu 3 in the zip is corrupt

Jman0708
January 29th, 2006, 16:02
idk if i can do dis but i fixed the menu3 for you guys i hope i dont get in trouble but here.. replace the one in the rar/zip or the 1 in ur psp with this 1. ( dont pay atention to the description cause i cant fix that)

Spectar82
January 29th, 2006, 16:18
why wont this thing work ??? i have version 2.0 and i installed this and it wont load the umd... i did everything from taking out the umd to make it ask for it and just taping the x button lots of times.... is there something i am doing wrong ???

Jman0708
January 29th, 2006, 16:53
a dur u gotta put the pic i pasted on here in the pics folder

TrowaX
January 29th, 2006, 17:21
Nice work. Does this flashmod version locks the UMD Loading at 333 hertz ? thanks in advance :)

Spectar82
January 29th, 2006, 17:44
ummm... i just reread my post of i dont think i was clear enough... i have it for firmware 2.0 and the load umd option doesnt seem to work i downgraded last night and the umd loader worked fine for 1.5 games but wouldnt take 2.0 games... but if i can get this working for 2.0 that would be great... i am sure once i get this working i will be in heaven...

Spectar82
January 29th, 2006, 17:45
ummm... i just reread my post of i dont think i was clear enough... i have it for firmware 2.0 and the load umd option doesnt seem to work i downgraded last night and the umd loader worked fine for 1.5 games but wouldnt take 2.0 games... but if i can get this working for 2.0 that would be great... i am sure once i get this working i will be in heaven... plus i tried pasting the image and it doent work... it just weirds things all out when i select the third menu options...

Spectar82
January 29th, 2006, 17:46
ummm... i just reread my post of i dont think i was clear enough... i have it for firmware 2.0 and the load umd option doesnt seem to work... if i can get this working for 2.0 that would be great... i am sure once i get this working i will be in heaven... plus i tried pasting the image and it doent work... it just weirds things all out when i select the third menu options...

Voltron
January 29th, 2006, 19:29
If someone can help me, I have questions on this.

1.) If I have a 1.50 PSP bought in the US on launch day, can I use this program to launch GTA & Socom which require 2.00? And will WIFI work on games like Socom?

2.) Will this allow playback of AVC video?

3.) Is it worth downgrading a 2.0 PSP to 1.5 because of what this can do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kaiser
January 29th, 2006, 21:30
Yes, I'd also like to know if this enables the full features of each firmware it loads. Can we play GTA and Socom through this yet?

YourStillWithMe
January 29th, 2006, 23:05
To Whom It May Concern,

I have a 1.50 and GTA DOES NOT LOAD. This program is a bit buggy if i can go down to select load games that don't require 2.00 and up it freezes and my psp shuts off. This version is buggy. Wait for another release to come out and it should be A. ok.

But even if it does work i won't even be that pumped because ummm yeah the new games stink. Even GTA bores me now. .

Griff
January 29th, 2006, 23:39
Program not support loading for GTA umd on firmware 1.5 :(

MaxSMoke
January 30th, 2006, 01:10
It would be infinitely nice if IchigoKurosaki, the guy who made this, or even Wraggster, would *PLEASE* just tell us from the start rather or not this program will load UMD 2.0 Games. After all, it's the only thing we could really want or need this kind of software for. It's the only thing we want to know about. And yet, *EVERYTIME* there's a firmware loader released, it's the last thing mentioned by anyone.

Please Wraggster, if you're going to post about any form of Firmware loading, please find out right off the bat if it's going to load fw 2.0 games. It's really troublesome to keep having to asking, over and over again, the only question we all want to know.

blip
January 30th, 2006, 02:37
MaxSMoke, I couldn't agree with you more but, Wragster, that sly dog. will never post those tasty bits. The whole idea is to get the community involved, right? Developers want you to be hanging and waiting for that thing to come out that makes Socom and GTA work on 1.5. & When it does happen. Trust me it will be the first thing you hear about, not the last. We are the ginnypigs.