PDA

View Full Version : Resistance: Retribution Video Shows Off Infection Mode

wraggster
January 12th, 2009, 20:13
It looks like that PS3 to PSP connectivity will add quite a bit of features to those of you who own Resistance 2 for the PS3 and buy Resistance Retribution for your PSP. This video walks you through some of the features which are broken down into two different modes: Infected mode will allow you to connect the PSP shooter to the PS3 shooter and infect the main character with the Chimeran virus. Once infected the lead will have a new look, new abilities, new weapons and the game itself will get new dialog because people will react to your infection. Plus mode will let you use a Playstation 3 controller to play the entire game on your PSP. That means dual analog sticks, and because of that the game will be made a bit harder and, of course, aim assist will be turned off. I love how ownership of both games gives you two new ways to play the game, though it would have been nice to support the PS3 controller option for everyone, not just people who own both games.

Video Here --> http://kotaku.com/5129340/resistance-retribution-video-shows-off-infection-mode

mike_jmg
January 13th, 2009, 04:19
this is really good, hope someone could take the code used to control the psp through the PS3 controller and use it in other games or homebrew, I don't know, It would be nice.

Buddy4point0
January 13th, 2009, 18:25
I really want this game, but this stupid "Infection" mode is a bullshit marketing stunt for Resistance 2 and the PSP.
They should have made the psp on completely seperate from the others.

**1_Man_Matrix**
January 13th, 2009, 23:33
I can't understand why everyone is so sour about the PSP to PS3 connectivity?

Why not reward players for follwing a great franchise? And to follow it across multiple platforms? It sounds like a great idea, and a great incentive. Not to mention people will probably want to see what the PS3 fuss is about after playing Retribution normally anyway.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being overly positive because I love Resistance and I do own a PS3 and PSP. But still, it's all good news and people still whinge?!? *Cough*

Anyone complain when you couldn't get all 150 Pokemon without having access to the other version? Who's to say Retribution won't be an amazing game without Infection mode? Get over it and get into Resistance! :thumbup: