PDA

View Full Version : Hackmii News - Argon replies

wraggster
January 12th, 2009, 21:10
Marcan posted this, seems the scene dramas are hotting up:

The Argon guy posted a topic on WiiNewz which I can only take as their official response to this matter.

Like everyone has notice MARCAN is acting like a GOD…
He is the only one having the KEY to install homebrew software on 3.4 firmware with a new Exploit. Obviously he doesn’t want to share because he likes to have the POWER.
Whenever someone decide not to share whatever notice or software or other in the homebrew scene, automatically wants to take advantages in every possible way.

MARCAN pretends to obtain the COPYRIGHT on a SYSTEM HACKING. I think it is the first time this is happening in the world.
If he didn’t want his HACK to be used, he should has kept it for himself instead of rendering it to the public on the net, or MARCAN prefers to be the unique person to decide WHO could develop something on the WII HOMEBREW?

ARGON2 is a MODCHIP and it is addressed to whoever need a MODCHIP, not for sure to WHO know and use the HOMEBREW resource, that are free and works without any modchip.
This is clearly described on the ARGONCHANNEL website.

ARGON2 gives a FREE SERVICE to his customers, moreover it allows everyone to download, install in a fast and simple way many HOMEBREW applications.
All this advantages, is to present these fantastic applications on the market.

What’s wrong about this?

We shall dimostrate to GOD MARCAN even without his help, it will be possible to DEVELOP NEW APPLICATIONS and give a FREE SERVICES to our customers; who will be VERY HAPPY using the FREE SOFTWARE. Anyway having the possibility to choose between OUR FREE SYSTEM and the HACKERCHANNEL SYSTEM for EVER.

Technical Infos:
ARGONCHANNEL recieves updates directly from our website and install them like CHANNEL inside the WII.

HACKERCHANNEL doesn’t recieve any automatic updates, the SD CARD is needed and the software doesn’t use the CHANNEL format.

There are two types of systems, I cannot point out which one is better or not, they are simply two different concepts.

I hope now our position is clearer.

It is of note that he broke his own rule of posting controversy in the controversy thread by doing so.

Unfortunately for him, I am not “pretending to obtain” copyright on the Twilight Hack, as I happen to already own that. You know, because the Berne Convention of 1886 automatically grants copyright. It applies to 164 countries.

I considered doing a point-for-point reply to his nonsense, but, well, it’s all rampant nonsense, so there’s little point to that. Let’s just work from the assumption that he’s completely nuts, and if anyone thinks he had any valid points, I’ll be glad to answer them in the comments.

I did send Argon an e-mail asking them to take down the Twilight Hack from their site. Obviously, they haven’t done that, so I’ll turn to notifying their ISP next.

NEWSFLASH: Argon made a valid statement!

I suggest to invest time to “code” new application than vast your time here on ARGON2… sure is more usefull…

Indeed, coding an application is a lot more useful than ‘v‘asting time with their modchip.

And I thought they were incapable of rational thought!

http://hackmii.com/2009/01/argon-replies/#more-298

XXXW0
January 13th, 2009, 06:01
d00de the Argon channel, yeah it sucks a lot. A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!