PDA

View Full Version : Sega CD Emulator?

that1guywiththeface
January 12th, 2009, 22:20
Is there any emulator for the DS that can play Snatcher well? Also, I am aware of the partial port of Snatcher to the DS, but I also think there are no plans for it to be finished....... yet.

Eviltaco64
January 12th, 2009, 22:44
I don't think will be a Sega CD emulator on the DS. But DS homebrew has suprised me a lot. Like the Genesis, SNES, and Neo Geo emulators.

Flygon
January 13th, 2009, 05:25
I think it could very well be possible, it just would not be able to run at 60fps and there would be no sound.

At least, thats my opinion.

Disthron
January 23rd, 2009, 08:09
I'm not sure why you'd think there would be no sound. Even though the games were on CD I've found that most of them hover around 2-3 hundred meg.

Even the ones that do use the hole 700MB you can get 1-4 gig memory cards for you DS cart. You'd have plenty of space for the ISO.

Unless you think there's some other hardware issue that would prevent the sound from working. You didn't seem to mention why the sound wouldn't work.

About the frame rate, I'm not sure about that. I'd tend to think that you could do it because it mainly used the Megadrive hardware but I can't really say.

Any way, I was actually looking for Mega CD on the Wii but I think it would be cool to see on the DS as well. If it were indeed posible.

CrashmanX
January 28th, 2009, 15:33
He says no sound because that takes up processing power, and the DS has very little let alone to emulate something is even harder than actually doing it.