PDA

View Full Version : PSPKVM 0.5.0 released - Java Games Emulator for PSP

wraggster
January 12th, 2009, 23:52
Wow todays sees an updated release for the PSP from Sleeper and M@x (http://www.pspkvm.com/) which basically allows you to play mobile java games on your PSP.

Heres the release details

This is a kvm to run j2me applications on PSP.

Installation:
Copy "pspkvm" and "pspkvm%" to GAME150 folder.

Usage:
Start PSPKVM and select a .jar file in the Memory stick to run.
The defualt device is SE K800i, user can press Triangle to select another device, such as Nokia S60, Motolora Triplets, and etc.

Key mapping:
Up -> NUM2
Left -> NUM4
Right -> NUM6
Down -> NUM8
AnalogStick -> D-pad
Cross -> NUM0
Square -> NUM1
Triangle -> NUM3
Circle -> NUM5
L+Square -> NUM7
L+Triangle -> NUM9
SELECT -> L-Soft
START -> R-Soft
L+Circle -> SELECT
L -> *
R -> #
L+R+Cross -> Red-key(terminate current application)

Screens:

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5112/snap0001bz4.jpg

Supported APIs:
midp2.0
a part of nokia UI

Proposed Supporting APIs:
nokia UI
WMA2.0(JSR205)
M3G(JSR184)

2008-01-11 23:00 v0.5.0
Completely new designed Virtual Keyboard (Great thanks to Anweifeng, who is the designer and coder of new Virtual Keyboard)
Support JSR226(SVG) and JSR172(Web Service)
Optimized interpreter loop of VM, JB2 score improves 25%
Bug fix and improvement in networking
Support user defined Truetype font size by pspkvm.ini
Add CPU speed setting in "Select device" menu

Download this awesome release via Comments and Give Your Feedback and let us know what games work on the PSP :)

animekid4
January 13th, 2009, 02:53
Can this run just regular old public school compsci boy's homework.jar files? Or do i has to be 1337ly ossam to use it?

ricosuavez
January 13th, 2009, 13:32
good to see a great app get an update…i tried the new keyboard and i have mixed feelings about it …it would be better if it was like the Danzels keyboard…keys should be representeted on the virtual keypad and not on the side of the keypad…

i am not bitching i love this app(2nd after irshell) and i use it everyday its my default browser(opera mini)but if i knew how to do it i would put the danzel keyboard…like the one in irshell

thanks for the update and consider putting the displayed keys(letters) so they are positioned the same way as the square triangle circle and cross

ricosuavez;)

arcadekidflo
January 13th, 2009, 19:38
The new keyboard is awful , how can we use the old one ?

animekid4
January 18th, 2009, 03:35
Im lovin it....keyboard is phail though...Downloaded the opera mini browser on my dads phone....you all are PRETTY COOL GUYS!

mr_shhh
February 6th, 2009, 21:59
I have 3.90 m33-3 on a PSP1000, and am running unofficial piKey v4 and PSPKVM running the latest Opera Mini browser. Is it possible to get piKey to work in PSPKVM to control Opera? Thanks!