PDA

View Full Version : Super MiniMario Alpha For 2.01/2.5/2.6 Released!

wraggster
January 29th, 2006, 21:52
Arguru (http://www.psp3d.com/) has posted some great news of an update to the Mario Game for v2.01, v2.5 and v2.6, heres what was posted:

<blockquote>Super MiniMario has just been released by the creator of MiniMario and PSP 3D forum member, Arguru. If ya haven't already checked out MiniMario for 2.01+, definitely check Super MiniMario out. This is by far the most polished homebrew game I have seen that was specifically made for 2.0+, and if anything, the best homebrew game I have seen period. This is not a port, it's a purely hand-coded version of Super Mario. And most probably the greatest thing about this game is that it is fully customizable and modable. You can make your own levels, change character looks, everything. Loads of fun. And plus it works on 2.6 too, so since this doesn't use the EBOOT loading method, we can all enjoy Super MiniMario!

Here's some of the outstanding features this game offers:
- Full level map modding (using a simple text editor).
- Levels can be grouped to make a pack/game (smm_level_001.txt, smm_level_002.txt, etc). <- All the details about this are in smm_level_001.txt file included.
- Maps can be up to 1024x64 tiles (a psp game-screen is 30x16).
- Up to 128 enemies per level.
- 4 way scroll, breakable bricks, etc.</blockquote>

Screenshot and download via comments

THE_SANE_DUDE
January 30th, 2006, 01:05
can you give me some instructions on where and how i should put Super MiniMario on my psp

P.S. ive got 2.01 firmware

MaxSMoke
January 30th, 2006, 01:21
This does sound like an interesting game, but I am forced to point out that it's EXTREMELY bad planning that it uses the exact same Load Game Slot as the Eboot loader. That basically means we're forced to choose between this game and the Eboot loader. And in my opinion, the Eboot Loader clearly wins out. So no Mario.

KriMe
January 30th, 2006, 03:55
Works cool on my 2.6, a coupple lil buggies. (Went through the 1st door into a place with another door and it crashed) :-(

I noticed the subliminal PSP in the lower bottom of the 1st level.

Awesome game, Keep crankin 'em out and ill keep being amazed.

fat_tony
January 30th, 2006, 05:05
whats ms?

DraconumPB
January 30th, 2006, 05:25
typically, "memory stick"

fat_tony
January 31st, 2006, 03:13
I dont get it...when I load up gta it will get to the load screen...go blank and thats it...

urherenow
February 1st, 2006, 01:36
same save slot as eboot loader... GTA won't load... you your heads people!

Change the last number in the folder name (change the 5 to a 2 or a 3 or whatever)

for the second gripe, load GTA without a memory card, then insert your memory card and load the proper save slot (or load your own save, and immediately save again. GTA will automatically load the most recent game save automatically when you turn it on, then you can go to the options and load the mario thing manually)

And for the person asking for instructions... the .rar file has 2 readme files! Read 'em!

Heh... I'm no longer a DCemu Newbie :cool:

fat_tony
February 1st, 2006, 02:18
Now when I did it....I made it to the gta load screen after I loaded the game...and it flashed twice and didnt do anything....

Silencer
February 26th, 2006, 02:32
same here

THE_SANE_DUDE
March 11th, 2006, 05:57
Can someone unrar it and email it to [email protected] in a zipped folder

KipAlwaysAndForever
March 19th, 2006, 15:44
hey buddy
download WinRAR.
woop!