PDA

View Full Version : 2K exec unhappy with flood of 'crappy' casual Wii titles

wraggster
January 14th, 2009, 16:18
2K Games Global President Christoph Hartmann is back with another warning. Speaking with MCV, he expressed his belief that publishers bringing non-licensed casual games to Wii this year could struggle because the console is flooded by "crappy titles." Hartmann's example has publishers releasing ten games in the hopes that two hits will pay for the other eight. All this does, he said, is flood the market and confuse consumers.

According to the executive, if 2K's hit casual title Carnival Games were released today it would struggle to find an audience. Despite the Wii selling incredibly well, new casual brands seem to be lost in the flood of shovelware, with retailers already having little shelf space to spare.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/14/2k-exec-unhappy-with-flood-of-crappy-casual-wii-titles/

pibs
January 14th, 2009, 18:07
yeah now he's unhappy that he doesn't have that cash in his pocket.... he had the power to stop this!

trugamer
January 14th, 2009, 20:06
Actually 2K is the publisher of carnival games, they've got the cash in their pocket and are complaining there isn't any more.

kingslime80
January 14th, 2009, 21:21
Problem: I make games and dislike the Wii games on the market.

My solution: Make a "good" Wii game.

Man, when did the industry get so ridiculously STUPID.

ChaoticanarchyX
January 17th, 2009, 05:13
they have a money addiction, and I think you should all respect that... XD (think ATHF)