PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Rockstar ready to release next GTA by end of 09

wraggster
January 14th, 2009, 20:15
According to Loose Talk in the latest Game Informer, RockStar North is already working on the next instalment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, which should be ready for release this holiday season.

"We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time." - Game Informer Issue 190

It wouldn't be surprising for RockStar to release the next GTA this soon – as you may recall, Vice City hit the shops only a year after Grand Theft Auto III was released for PlayStation 2.

http://www.psu.com/Rockstar-ready-to-release-next-GTA-by-end-of-09-News--a0006124-p0.php

Rocksil
January 14th, 2009, 20:29
I really dobut it is going to happen :|. But its just a rumor so i dont think anyone should hold thier breathe.

kojiro7
January 14th, 2009, 21:38
Gta Tokyo would be very interesting...

dejkirkby
January 14th, 2009, 21:52
GTA:Tokyo would be a great addition.
I hope this happens.

maxipower90
January 14th, 2009, 22:43
Grand Theft Auto San Andres Stories possibly

My Reasons

- PSP due a GTA
- GTA sold well on PSP
- sequel to GTA4 a bit to early IMO
- to complete the collection of Liberty and Vice City
- In an interview a few months back Rockstar were asked could they fit San Andres on a UMD... they responded its possible

juiceface
January 14th, 2009, 23:13
GTA Mexico!!

Triv1um
January 15th, 2009, 00:05
Hopefully they make a better job of this one.

irishwhip
January 15th, 2009, 00:26
I'd love to see a new vice city, just not in the 1980s this time.
And you can leave phil collins out too

ICE
January 15th, 2009, 00:42
Grand Theft Auto San Andres Stories possibly

My Reasons

- PSP due a GTA
- GTA sold well on PSP
- sequel to GTA4 a bit to early IMO
- to complete the collection of Liberty and Vice City
- In an interview a few months back Rockstar were asked could they fit San Andres on a UMD... they responded its possible

That would be sweet.

ojdon
January 15th, 2009, 12:41
How long did it take them to make GTAIV...

Even if it only took them a year for Vice City... This isn't the PS2 era anymore, gamers expect a lot more these days.

jamotto
January 15th, 2009, 19:42
Sounds about right, all the hard work is done with GTA 4 all they have to do is modify a few things like they did to GTA 3 to get San Andreas and Vice City.

gutbub
January 16th, 2009, 13:34
Sounds about right, all the hard work is done with GTA 4 all they have to do is modify a few things like they did to GTA 3 to get San Andreas and Vice City.

I hope what he said is true. If it is than I will be very happy. I didn't like GTA 3 that much. Vice City was freaking awesome. San Andreas is by far my favorite. Hopefully it repeats the same cycle. They already took step one with GTA 4; man that game is overrated.