PDA

View Full Version : PSP Scene Drama - Miriam Strikes Back

wraggster
January 14th, 2009, 21:23
After the mud throwing from the Dark ALex crew, now Miriam (http://www.pspgen.com/forums/post1510973.html#p1510973) responds:

I'm not going to classify Dark_AleX as a liar as none of you will believe me, so I will try to explain a scenario that could have been a reason for this false accusation. I guess I have some explaining to do after Alek was so nice (cough) to call me by my old nickname, making space for an even larger amount of flaming. I'm not going to deny that I am _HellDashX_, but I am going to deny the fact that this was all based around a lie. _HellDashX_ was the nickname of me (Miriam) and my partner Alex (unrelated to Dax), we worked together on several projects including the reverse engineering of the custom firmware. After we reversed several modules we decided to release 3.72 HX with great pleasure, which got flamed almost straight away due to the fact the modules were hex-edited. They were, but for those smart people out there, exactly how did we figured out what patches to modify if we didn't know how the modules worked? Back then we already had vshctrl and popcorn reversed. In 3.73 HX this was followed by a reverse of the IPL and several other modules, but the flame fest continued. After a while, we managed to get in contact with Mathieulh and Dark_AleX over MSN, due to the fact they were claiming we hex-edited another project. After they were proved wrong, we gained a level of trust from Dax over the months. After a while he allowed us to release a new custom firmware (we had already completely reversed the custom firmware at this time, every single module and the IPL), but I didn't want to disclose my nickname again as people started to stereotype it, so I released it with one of our names, Miriam. I exist, I'm not artificial, and I have nothing to hide.

Now that that's covered, lets go on with the exploit. I realise few people will believe me, I don't care, but I'll tell my story anyways. A few days ago I found a vulnerability in the kernel, and after several converstations with Dark_AleX about it on MSN, he told me he used the same exploit. I told him I was implementing a private HEN but couldn't get some things working, and asked for advice. After receiving some I still didn't manage to get it working, but a friend of me came up with another solution which turned out to work fine. After a while I received the source code of his own exploit over MSN, at this point the HEN was already 95% functional, all based on my own code. Dark_AleX asked me not to disclose this kernel exploit, but to look for another one, which I respected and thus decided not to release the current HEN to public.

However, under the pressure of several people I allowed MaGiXieN to make a video of the HEN in action, but not disclose any details. Which is exactly what happened. Nobody else but MaGiXieN and me have access to this homebrew-enabler, and I'm the only one who knows how the internals work. I would've appreciated it if Dark_AleX at the very least would've mentioned anything about this on MSN, so we could've worked it out. There was absolutely no reason to jump out in the open, unveil my identity and make false assumptions without even trading a word.

I was tracking down the firmware for a new kernel exploit, but I guess I'm not going to worry about that anymore. I don't need this e-drama, I have a real life and friends and family I care about, and I leave this post with one final message, "GOODBYE".

Heres some more fuel for the fire (http://www.pspgen.com/forums/post1511003.html#p1511003):

About the Alek post in yesterday Magixien BEFORE RELEASE THE VIDEO, ask Alek if he will can release the video...and it is the alek answer:

"<MaGiXieN> HEN mode
<Alek> cool
<MaGiXieN> with ISO and kernel mode ok
<Alek> ok
<Alek> all fine then, neither dark-alex.org or sceners.org will talk about it, at least officially
<Alek> your merit, your work
<MaGiXieN>
<MaGiXieN> You can news it
<Alek> will think about it when i finish the maintenance that i'm on at the moment"

So, as you can SEE Alek knows about the VIDEO YESTERDAY AND SAID YES TO PUBLISH IT!

Alek lie, as always...I NEVER broke my oath to PSPGEN, M33 AND ALEX.
I NEVER SEARCH FOR THE FAME, I ONLY WANTS THE PEOPLE CAN ENJOY ANOTHER FIRMWARES!

hmm ive no opinion on the whole saga but what do the DCEmu public think?

acn010
January 14th, 2009, 21:28
yup
more drama
*sits and starts eating popcorn*

newb_fo_life
January 14th, 2009, 22:05
*sits and starts eating popcorn*

I think I'll have some M&M peanuts thanks :p

This wont end well.

fukseliten
January 14th, 2009, 22:19
Good riddance . Bye liar ,helldash_X . You wont be missed

mike_jmg
January 14th, 2009, 22:31
I'm tired of this drama, guess the M33 thing was just the tip of the iceberg

pspandrew2006
January 15th, 2009, 00:01
i wonder what will become of this?

malgora
January 15th, 2009, 00:05
this is better then pro wrestling, the scene would go so much better if there wasnt this individuality .. all group together tell eachother what your working on .. and go from there ... that way every1 could help eachother out if they are stuck .. and not step on other peoples works ... sounds good to me ... but that never happends .. owell... cya later Miriam or _HellDashX_ whatever u want to be called.... im sure some1 Appreciated your work.

Hungry Horace
January 15th, 2009, 00:31
yawn. boring. get over yourselves and the petty one-upmanship and glory hunting.

Perhaps if people didnt place the likes of DaX etc on such pedestals and praised as a God and just accepted CFWs etc as a good job well done, we wouldnt get this stuff occurring.

Stick to the coding and drop the petty politics please.

Mr. Shizzy
January 15th, 2009, 00:55
yawn. boring. get over yourselves and the petty one-upmanship and glory hunting.

Perhaps if people didnt place the likes of DaX etc on such pedestals and praised as a God and just accepted CFWs etc as a good job well done, we wouldnt get this stuff occurring.

Stick to the coding and drop the petty politics please.

Sorry to go off topic...

But - horace !!

How have you been?
Haven't seen you in a while.

alanparker05
January 15th, 2009, 01:16
I think we all know no-one stands a chance going up against alek. He just has too many followers and i'll admit i'm kinda one myself, HellDashX will have to either change identity again or retire because the lord has spoken and his followers shall smite back down to Hell(DashX)

osgeld
January 15th, 2009, 01:28
Miriam has been on my shit list since the release of the gen firmware, and hex editing irshell to work with it

not that he did that (ahman has no issue with it) it was just the total lack of regard to the people who, in a instant, had a support grenade tossed in their lap, with out a single word of warning

i mean really? come the hell on, i know ir shell is so hard to find (hint GOOGLE)

so merely moments after i saw the news post hit here, i had to drop everything, wrangle up the crew, who also had to drop everything, and spend all frigging night on msn and posting on every site we could find the news on

i dont care who he was, i dont care who he wants to be this week, and i really dont care if i see the name any time soon

Buddy4point0
January 15th, 2009, 01:51
I call shenanigans. Go DaX!

Kakashi987
January 15th, 2009, 02:06
Ermmm...how does that snippet of MSN conversation prove that DAX gave permission to disclose anything??

Besides, HellDashX has and always will be full of s***.

Spanishpeacock
January 15th, 2009, 02:46
You know, I've never had a real problem with the stuff on this site, everyone's always given anyone who deserved credit for something credit. But why couldn't they just wait a few days and get stuff together before posting news?

If everyone releases there source and why stuff works, doesn't that mean that people are exhausting their resources while Sony can fix all the holes in their firmwares in one update.

Can't we all just get along, and hate Sony together?

D.S.Darkness
January 15th, 2009, 03:39
really... cmon, its firm thats released for free any ways... if something is leaked allttle chances are that some one will catch something and be able to improve upon it anyways.... why the drama for this then... and really who cares if Meriam was under a different name b4, ppl change names all the time...

alanparker05
January 15th, 2009, 05:00
really... cmon, its firm thats released for free any ways... if something is leaked allttle chances are that some one will catch something and be able to improve upon it anyways.... why the drama for this then... and really who cares if Meriam was under a different name b4, ppl change names all the time...

There's less problem if a normal fw update's leaked, but anything to do with psp 3000 hacking needs protecting so Sony don't get their mits on it and get a headstart on blocking the hack

yakumo
January 15th, 2009, 06:19
And what about some "I am sorry", some hands shake and then peace? Is'nt human race capable of forgiving?

royvedas
January 15th, 2009, 07:04
yippie!!! Bitch fight!!

Nah really couldn't care less...

brasssmunky
January 15th, 2009, 07:06
this is why i hate how these skilled and respected coders have to hide all of their work and methods.
all of this drama sprouts from the fact that there are institutions against the software they are creating.
if they could work out in the open, and i'm fairly certain if they could, then all of these exploits would be open source, and hence faster to create and perfect.
and in turn would end all of this nonsense.

phrozenfeonix
January 15th, 2009, 08:22
i don't get it. Why does dax disapprove of mriam reverse engineering his firmwares, etc., when this whole time, haven't hackers been reverse engineering sony's work anyways?

It's like release groups that bitch when you remove their tags from ds roms. They demand credit for something that they seldom give credit to the original (the game programmer's) work.

CoderX
January 15th, 2009, 08:29
Wow reminds me of the time I hex edited Eloader to run Luaplayer and Fanjita (Noobz) verbally raped me. I actually had to change my name for a while. Then there was the original custom firmware "1.5 media edition" (I got flamed to hell just because I never packaged it. The whole point was to have DevHook Load on Start and Emulate it. It was simply an experiment and steep towards our current day and the great work of Alex).

I don't know who is in the right here, though I've never seen Alex as one to lie. In the end I've been screwed so I can understand but at the other, I've learned to just stay out of the big boys way. They play rough.

Sketchy
January 15th, 2009, 18:53
I've learned to just stay out of the big boys way. They play rough.

And this is the problem! As a community we need to stick together, there shouldn't be this evident hierarchy. I still believe that if it wasn't for this doctor phil bull***t, he stole my idea and.... all hail dax! We would see a few more coders/devs.

I've got tons of respect for Dax! I had to make that clear!! But just like another member posted 'hes not god'. It's simply down to this selfcreated hierarchial system that, for some unknown reason, we've placed Dax on the very top. The minute someone modifies something that he created, it's suddenly blasphemy. All other wannabe coders/devs want to give back to the community, but fear the whole flame war that seems to be currently inevitable.

*sigh*

Just to lighten my mood:

Can't we all just get along, and hate Sony together?

:rofl:

wolfpack
January 15th, 2009, 19:38
Wow reminds me of the time I hex edited Eloader to run Luaplayer and Fanjita (Noobz) verbally raped me.

If its an email and you still have it...

I want to read it :D

*popcorn time*:rofl:

zanco
January 15th, 2009, 19:54
... so if I understand correctly there is a silent copyright for material copied from materials which themselves were copyrighted??
:s

I say New Underground Sony lol

darkriku2000
January 15th, 2009, 21:58
godamit I want a reason to get a psp 3000 already, wheres my custome firmware

Spanishpeacock
January 15th, 2009, 23:43
And this is the problem! As a community we need to stick together, there shouldn't be this evident hierarchy. I still believe that if it wasn't for this doctor phil bull***t, he stole my idea and.... all hail dax! We would see a few more coders/devs.

I've got tons of respect for Dax! I had to make that clear!! But just like another member posted 'hes not god'. It's simply down to this selfcreated hierarchial system that, for some unknown reason, we've placed Dax on the very top. The minute someone modifies something that he created, it's suddenly blasphemy. All other wannabe coders/devs want to give back to the community, but fear the whole flame war that seems to be currently inevitable.

*sigh*

Just to lighten my mood:

:rofl:

I'm just glad more people put it like that. And someone finally laughed at that "all get along" thing :thumbup:

alanparker05
January 16th, 2009, 01:02
I've been using psp for about a year now and i've noticed the intolerance of anyone outside this select group at the top just getting out of control, it isn't really them i see the problem with, it's the people around them that gang up and attack anyone that isn't one of them, but might have an idea to improve on their work. THIS IS JUST A GAMES CONSOLE PEOPLE!!!

AdamRav
January 16th, 2009, 01:15
i hope no custom firmware comes out because of this

but i know and you know and probably sony know

that its only a matter of time now before it leaks

Art
January 16th, 2009, 05:22
I don't get the part where you discover an exploit,
and then abide by someone else's wishes who asks you not to release it
(whether that be DAX or anyone else).

So someone else discovers the same exploit, you can still explain exactly
how it was discovered to verify it was done off your own back.
I mean, oone would be telling me to release, or not to release my own discoveries
whether detrimental to the homebrew community or not.

andwhyisit
January 17th, 2009, 01:27
I don't get the part where you discover an exploit,
and then abide by someone else's wishes who asks you not to release it
(whether that be DAX or anyone else).
They were looking for a second exploit so that Sony doesn't patch it 2 days later. That was the official reason I recall.

Anyway, I call both Miriam and Dark AleX liers. I think both sides to the story have false information.