PDA

View Full Version : Capcom USA Says No To Monster Hunter G Wii And Awesome Controller

wraggster
January 15th, 2009, 22:21
As a lot of you know, Capcom’s message boards have recently become one of the most active developer/publisher fan communities. Not only is it a great place to hang out and shoot the you-know-what, it’s also very informative and a great source of news at times.

Unfortunately, this time the news is of the bad variety. Capcom’s (here we go) Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development, Christian Svensson clearly ruled out any possibility of a Monster Hunter G release in the U.S. or the awesome themed Classic Controller that comes with it. Says Svensson, “You’ll have to get it from an import shop. Neither MHG or that controller is coming to the US. Sorry. :(”. Sympathy appreciated Sven.

No news is available yet as to whether the controller will also be sold separately in Japan for us import-crazy types to buy at high prices. We’ll keep you updated, so prepare your best Merchant imitation and cross your fingers.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/01/15/capcom-usa-says-no-to-monster-hunter-g-wii-and-awesome-controller/

kevenz
January 15th, 2009, 23:01
capcom sucks sometimes.

geise69
January 16th, 2009, 13:03
That's fine with me since Monster Hunter 3 is coming out this year anyways. With 3 coming out why cry about G? Besides it's on the psp anyways. It's just wasted money for Capcom US to do so. It's no where near as big of a franchise here in the U.S. compared to Japan. Capcom would lose money on it.

KristenBaldousor
January 16th, 2009, 18:05
That's fine with me since Monster Hunter 3 is coming out this year anyways. With 3 coming out why cry about G? Besides it's on the psp anyways. It's just wasted money for Capcom US to do so. It's no where near as big of a franchise here in the U.S. compared to Japan. Capcom would lose money on it.

Clearly, you hadn't looked at that quie exquisite special edition classic controles this game is bundled with and also that it comes with a demo disc of mosnter hunter 3

kevenz
January 17th, 2009, 02:46
MH3 isn't confirmed to come in the US, unless I missed some recent news...