PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's Revolution offers hope for disabled gamers

wraggster
January 30th, 2006, 18:46
With the possibility that many Revolution titles will be controllable with one hand, comes hope from disabled gamers like Travis Taft. Taft, who suffered a spinal-cord injury while body surfing, retains strong use of his right hand, but he is unable to use a standard two-handed gamepad because of his left. Taft is confident that when the Revolution is introduced into the market (presumably later this year), he'll be able to resume his lifelong passion for gaming.

mikipe2
January 31st, 2006, 03:40
NICE! Good one Nintendo :-D

eclection
January 31st, 2006, 06:16
I have one thing to say about that: the Macintosh one-button mouse. And that was such a smashing success now wasn't it?

iniquitous_beast
January 31st, 2006, 06:31
I am relatively certain that sony actually produces controllers for people with various disabilities. I remember watching a news documentary on some local (for the news crew, not for me) guy who was lacking an arm or something. The one-handed controllers are out there, plus there are many games that can be successfully played with a DDR pad ( the kind with all four face buttons).
Not to be too harsh, but where there is a will, there is a way. Mr. Taft, if he is truly a dedicated gamer, needs not wait another nine months for a revolution. Of course, I agree that the revolution controller will make things easier for him. I can't wait for that thing to come out.