PDA

View Full Version : vlc4iphone gets updated to v1.8.0

wraggster
January 15th, 2009, 22:29
I just got done fixing up a laundry list of bugs for the new release of vlc4iphone v1.8.0. This release is mainly a bugfix release so you’ll have to wait a bit longer for a more proper user interface, playlist, and control scheme. Those additions will be coming though! Many formats and protocols are now working again, including but not limited to OGG, FLAC, MMS, RTSP. If you want to play back videos, it is still highly recommended that you use a less cpu-intensive format such as FLV (Flash Video), 3GP, or perhaps MPEG2. Also keep in mind the lower the resolution, the faster the playback will generally be.

If you have any recommendations as to how to improve vlc4iphone let me know. I’m also very interested in what vlc4iphone is being used for. From what I’m aware of, it is used for streaming audio/video for the most part. Perhaps a guide for setting up a PCTV (TV on the PC) to iPhone stream is needed. Anyone able to do one?

You can find vlc4iphone v1.8.0 on Cydia under Multimedia. If you have Cydia, it comes with my public ZodTTD source/repo built-in.

http://www.zodttd.com/blog/2009/01/15/vlc4iphone-gets-updated-to-v180/