PDA

View Full Version : Menu Patcher v1.0

wraggster
January 15th, 2009, 22:45
News/release from Isaac356 (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Menu_Patcher)

Menu Patcher is an app inspired by Starfall, designed to permanently mod your System Menu. It is open source, and can easily be extended to include new patches.

Warning
System Menu patching is VERY DANGEROUS! Not only that, but this program does not check for a specific System Menu version, like Starfall does. This program also uses a guess 'n check method for installing the patches, which makes it a little less safe to use. (It will prompt you, however, if there is more than one possible patch.) I (Isaac356) have tested the included patches on a 3.2U Wii, but please be careful when adding your own. I am not responsible for any damage from any patches, no matter who created them.

Features
No health check
No background music
No icon.bin
No banner.bin
No sound.bin
Region Free (still under development)
Up/Down to select a patch, A to install it, B to uninstall it.

This uses raven's patches.h from Menu Loader Clone, therefore credit for the above patches goes to him. Patches.h also makes it easy to include your own patches (but you better know what you're doing!) Also, unlike Menu Loader Clone, patches must be the same size as what they are replacing (if you want to retain the ability to uninstall them later).

Known Issues
If Menu Patcher finds more than five of the same patch, it core dumps - rest assured that this does not corrupt the System Menu.
At the time being, you can only apply one patch at a time. You then have to exit and re-enter to apply another one. This will be fixed soon.
When there is a lot of patches available, the "*" doesn't exactly line up with the "Exit". This is an easy fix as well.
LOL I named the file menupatcher-0.1...but it's actually 1.0. Trust me.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments