PDA

View Full Version : Wlan crash and umd problem

Scythe2140
January 15th, 2009, 23:01
My friend gave me a slim with some problems, and asked me to fix it for him, but I've only worked with fats, and these problems are new to me, and I was hopping someone will be able to help. I'll try to describe the problems as best as I can

Its a version 2.71 slim non hacked psp

the first problem would be the umd, it starts to read the disk, but never ends up completely loading it, and will just continue to try and read it, this probably won't affect me much if I can't fix it, since i do plan on upgrading it to a m33-4

the second problem would be the wlan switch, when I flip the switch on, the psp will just suddenly cut off, and will not cut back on again until the switch is switched back off

edit: I just recently noticed that when i switch the wlan switch on, it will make a pop sound, if that helps

also, the battery that came with it is completely dead, I even tried it in my fat psp, didn't work. is there anyway to temporary revive the battery, or is it still able to be converted into a Pandora battery?

any help with these problems would be much appreciated

Wally
January 16th, 2009, 06:12
First of all slim batteries do not work in phat PSP's, different voltage.

Secondly I recommend trying a pandora battery with the latest despart del cementario and running the key cleaner thing, it may solve most of your problems.

Scythe2140
January 17th, 2009, 05:38
Edit: i found out how to use the key cleaner, even used CW key cleaner to be sure

i think the umd reader is shot, and im fine with that, but the wlan switch still shits the psp off and makes a "pop" sound, so i think it may be an internal error, since there was no way of using a warranty from the start, does anyone know of a way to open the psp and check to see if the wlan is shot or something?