PDA

View Full Version : PSPdisp v0.2

wraggster
January 15th, 2009, 23:25
JJS (http://jjs.at/software/pspdisp.html) has released a new version PSPdisp v0.2

This program package lets you use a Playstation Portable as an additional monitor under Windows.

Information:
So what is this about? Well, it basically gives you an additional monitor with a 960x544 resolution (four times the area of the PSP display). There are four components working together, on Windows a display driver, an usb driver and the interface application which captures the screen, compresses it and sends it over USB to the PSP. On the PSP side there is an application that decompresses the frames and displays them. All settings are adjustable from the Windows side, the PSP really only acts as a passive display.

Requirements:
PSP: Either slim or phat model running a custom firmware (reported working on 3.40-OEA, M33 version 3.52, 3.71, 3.90, 4.01, 5.00).

PC: Reasonably modern PC (Pentium 4 / Athlon64 or above, multi-core processor recommended) running Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 in either 32 bit or 64 bit version. Note that there is no PSPdisp display driver available for Vista, but existing displays can be mirrored.

Installation:
Download the installer package below and execute it. The installer works for all supported platforms and will install the correct 32 bit or 64 bit drivers.
If you want to manually install the drivers, you can extract the setup files with an unzip tool (like 7zip).

Important! If you uninstall a previous version you have to restart the computer before starting the new setup. Otherwise the new display driver will be uninstalled on the next restart and you have to install it again!

Note that the usb and the display driver are not WHQL certified. Windows will present you with a security warning because of that.

Download

Changelog:
v0.2
New features:
- can now mirror any existing display
- works on 64 bit systems now
- display driver for Windows XP x64
- display driver supports several display modes from 480x272 to 1920x1080
- all resolutions also available rotated by 90° (portrait mode)
- additional "Follow mouse" mode
- selectable viewport size for "Follow mouse" and "Static" view
- viewport may be rotated by 90, 180 or 270 degree
- reacts on display settings changes, no restart necessary
- multi-threaded, opening the menue will no longer freeze the display
- PSP can be unplugged and replugged while PSPdisp is enabled
- added option to automatically enable PSPdisp when the PSP is plugged in
- installer can now copy the game files to the PSP
- mapping mouse and keyboard buttons to the PSP controls
- experimental Wlan support

Bug fixes:
- installer bug marking the display driver for uninstall
- stuttering display on some usb chipsets
- "libusb0.dll not found" error when the usb driver is only preinstalled
- display miniport driver failing to load on Windows 2000 (Thanks Raul!)
- failure to retrieve the display positions when enabling the PSPdisp display the first time

Known issues:
- if the Wlan connection is interrupted it will hang the PSP and Windows application
- enabling PSP control may interfere with mouse and keyboard operation

v0.1
Initial release.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

AdamRav
January 16th, 2009, 00:32
I don't know why the developer says this wouldnt work on Vista, it works great

I don't see a use for it though

kool app though

juiceface
January 16th, 2009, 00:35
is this like remotejoy? will try it out

AdamRav
January 16th, 2009, 00:52
is this like remotejoy? will try it out

Well No, remote joy sends the screen from your psp to your pc

whereas this sends video from the pc to psp

so totally diffrent apps

mrmotinjo
January 16th, 2009, 11:53
I tried it out and must say that it looks great, even though I'm yet to find an actual use for it :)

kjetil1991
January 18th, 2009, 08:28
maybe going to try this out but i dont trust my windows (linux ftw!)

Cevius
January 18th, 2009, 22:29
Fantastic! All the features I was hoping for and so much more as well!

Great work :D

[Edit] Holy crap, this runs so much faster now, and installing it was a snap. Using it over wifi works just as well, if a little bit slower (as to be expected)

wiredforpower
January 19th, 2009, 16:55
works nicely. dont know what to use it for though.

5n1p3r55
April 20th, 2009, 00:58
i have used psp disp and it workks great. better than nexpected. Now, i would like to post a a question. not a request, a question. Is there any way to display your psp games on a pc as an external psp monitor. (reverse of pc-->psp)
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5n1p3r55
April 20th, 2009, 01:01
i have a 4.01-m33 psp and thought that the little screen, though very great graphics are achieved, would look better from a distance on a bigger screen. i don't want to buy the blazer or the av cables.(don't have a hi-def t.v.)

5n1p3r55
April 20th, 2009, 01:04
http://hubpages.com/hub/psphomebrew
visit this site to chat about the greatest homebrew psp game ever. KuRoK

5n1p3r55
April 20th, 2009, 01:05
http://hubpages.com/hub/psphomebrew please visit and leave a reply