PDA

View Full Version : a new music making program for the PSP... PSPSeq!

badplankton
January 30th, 2006, 20:24
(News Submission by Badplankton)

hi everyone i just released an early alpha version of my homebrew music synthesizer and sequencer, PSPSeq.

http://dspmusic.org/psp/

it is similar to PSP Kick and PSP Rhythm Composer; however in one way it is greatly different - PSPSeq uses synthesis rather than audio file playback for all its instruments. the basic functionality is there and you can make interesting loops, but there is still a -lot- of work to do.

have fun!

Download via comments :)

Kaiser
January 30th, 2006, 23:20
Awesome!:)

Must have missed this thing somehow while looking throught the forums.

bill00000
January 31st, 2006, 01:54
I'd love to see a program combining a sampler/sequencer with a more intuitive way to change pitch on each note.

badplankton
January 31st, 2006, 04:03
I'd love to see a program combining a sampler/sequencer with a more intuitive way to change pitch on each note.

what would you consider more intuitive? something automated/'intelligent' along the lines of arpeggiated chords? something where the programmed pitch on each hit was always visible? i'm very curious. one feature i'll be adding soon is to allow for setting pitches based on the 12-tone scale along with setting an absolute frequency, but beyond that i don't have a lot planned in that realm.

Bliz
February 9th, 2006, 12:23
Are you still working on this? I'd love to use a completed psp sequencer.

I've only just found this post so haven't tried your alpha version but do you plan to have samples as well as waveforms in the sequencer?