PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Cannon Demo for the PSP

wraggster
January 30th, 2006, 21:10
SG57 has released a Demo of game, Kitty Cannon.

Some Info:

SELECT = Screenshots (they arent the best mainly because i didnt define a drawBuffer so i recomend not doing them)
X = hold this down when playing the main game, its the only way to move the kitty, and i made it this way strictly for slow motion deaths lol
[] = reset the level meaning it clears away the blood and resets the cannons positon and cats postiion
Credits are there but you cant get back to the main menu once you see them, only to the main OS menu by clicking the [ X ] button
Options menu is there but it says coming soon and u have to click x to reboot kitty cannon
Lastly, a DEBUG mode which means a flying kitty at your control so make as many bloody deaths as you want!

Download via comments:

AtariFreek
January 30th, 2006, 23:44
2.6 Compatable??

MaxSMoke
January 31st, 2006, 12:32
Don't get too excited. It's a single animation of a tiny little pixelated cat flying out of a tiny hand-drawn cannon onto some very tiny and poorly drawn spikes. In a word, "Weak". I too was hoping for some photo cats being splattered in some kind of shooting gallery. This game is NOT that. All you do is hold down X and watch the same animation being played over and over again. This is just slightly less lame then that Lava Lamp program.

I really wish people would give an accurate and truthful description of their program and it's strengths and limitations. This is just false advertising. It's not a game if the only controls involving playing the exact same animation over and over again. It's just another REALLY SHORT movie. And not really a good one either.

Am I expecting too much from Homebrew? It is free, so anything is good, I guess. But I wouldn't download and install it again. I wouldn't even recommend people download it the first time. Hopefully this is just a super-beta version of something that will get far more impressive over time. But if I were SG57, I would have held off on the release until it was at least playable. This "game" makes him look bad.