PDA

View Full Version : Donate to support Open Beats of Rage for Dreamcast !

Christuserloeser
January 17th, 2009, 15:50
SX, owner of http://www.lavalit.com and maintainer of OpenBoR, is currently working on the Dreamcast port of OpenBoR v3.00, and he told me that it has top priority at the moment to give Dreamcast the best treatment possible.

I thought that it is time we, the Dreamcast community, give something back. - If you do enjoy playing your Beats of Rage mods on Dreamcast, then send him a small donation to show your support!

On the list of features to implement on Dreamcast are:

Stereo support
Widescreen support
High resolution support
32-bit and 16-bit color modes
PowerVR hardware graphics acceleration
Improvements and fixes to RAM handling

If you think that SX deserves some sort of proof of your appreciation for his hard work, then send him a small donation to his OpenBoR Donation Box (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=SumolX%40gmail%2ecom&item_name=SamuraiX%20%2f%20SumolX%20Development%20 Donations&item_number=OpenBoR&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8) (PayPal account required)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Daimon_Casgimp
January 17th, 2009, 22:49
lol who really wants this on the dreamcast

Christuserloeser
January 17th, 2009, 23:54
Well, ...some ? Other people. People that are not you.

Also, this

a) is already on Dreamcast (this is about improvements to the existing port)

b) should not stop you from donating if you enjoy this engine on Wii, PSP, Xbox, GP2X, etc. pp.

- This could as well be be a general donation to say you apprectiate the work that's been done on the engine.

dcdood
January 19th, 2009, 21:38
Does any giving ideas count? Thats all i can afford...

I think they should (along with what they are doing)

give us a Menu. or make it seperate (to save ram) by giving arguments and that can be run from any launcher ("openbor.bin bormod.pak") similar to dos and some modern games

and have built in 50\60hz chooser and save a generic file that can be read by any game via vmu for 50\60hz

Christuserloeser
January 20th, 2009, 00:43
This isn't about the big money, it's about showing support. Even $1 would do.

Regarding your ideas: They do sound good, but what needs work is the core engine first. Features like menu and 50Hz aren't of much use if the engine doesn't support widescreen or 32-bit. ;)