PDA

View Full Version : Some noob questions regarding pandora

rotoruaboy
January 17th, 2009, 22:53
Been a proud phat PSP owner since the second month of release, but never bothered with getting CFW. However, due to personal commitments, I am going to work aboard an oil tanker for the next six months at least, which means I only get a chance to buy new games every 2 month or so, I have no choice but to adapt CFW and homebrew, since I am an ultra noob on this matter, I have been googling for the past week, and read at least 20 of them so called "tutorials", which answered many of my questions but raised some new questions as well, apparently I am getting nowhere without clearing these doubts. So please take a couple minutes of your time and help set my ignorant mind straight.

1.My phat PSP is currently running OFW 3.79, all the tutorials I have came across agree that I would need a pandora battery and MMS to downgrade it and put in CFW, because I don't know anyone around that have a PSP with CFW (ones I know are either out of the country or sold their PSP already), so I have bought a battery service tool on amazon and about to buy a MMS as well, the tutorials I read have produced conflicting views, some claim that I must have a PSP running CFW in order to create MMS, so I would need to buy a MMS since I can't make one, others suggest that certain applications and freeware can be used to make MMS using my OFW PSP, this is the major confusion I am facing, so any clarification is much appreciated.

2. After getting CFW, will I still be able to play the UMD games I bought when I was on OFW (would be a shame if I can't, accumulated about 60 of them since 2005)?

pspmoddingelite
January 18th, 2009, 16:13
lol its really easy after you get started

rotoruaboy
January 19th, 2009, 16:56
problem solved, mods please feel free to lock or delete this thread. turns out it's much simpler than I thought.scuccesfully installed CFW after only two attempts (forgot to put battery in service mode in the first attempt). Now I'm off to search for some decent homebrew apps

-.GTR95.-
February 10th, 2009, 03:19
lol you guys are all really bad at helping ppl with psp hacking,you all jsut got your psp's hacked by friends.