PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Beta takes another crown, besting Vista in SSD performance

wraggster
January 18th, 2009, 18:10
It's no huge surprise, since Microsoft was planning on improving performance on this front, but now we've got some of our first solid numbers on Windows 7 Beta SSD performance. Nothing crazy spectacular, but Windows 7 looks to have a slight edge over Vista pretty much across the board, with better speed, access time and lower CPU usage -- not bad for a beta, let's hope things continue to improve as we approach "Microsoft would like your money for this" status.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/18/windows-7-beta-takes-another-crown-besting-vista-in-ssd-perform/

Justise
January 18th, 2009, 18:42
Does it have backwards compatibility?
Windows XP had a very handy function tha runs the programs in an older system compatibility. I didn't have to use it once, but it was a great releaf to that it exist in case i have to run something realy old.

If it has just "Vista Compatibility", then i'll just have to stick to my XP.

mcdougall57
January 19th, 2009, 02:24
Does it have backwards compatibility?
Windows XP had a very handy function tha runs the programs in an older system compatibility. I didn't have to use it once, but it was a great releaf to that it exist in case i have to run something realy old.

If it has just "Vista Compatibility", then i'll just have to stick to my XP.

I've been running it and yeah it does have backward compatibility up to windows 95 I think.