PDA

View Full Version : Debug Firmware Running on Retail PSP

wraggster
January 18th, 2009, 18:23
Personally im not sure what advantages this could bring, maybe a new exploit in the long run but someone has posted a video of a Debug Firmware Running on Retail PSP

Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/9wm-GFWTKZY

thoughts ?

yakumo
January 18th, 2009, 18:53
Very interesting if it is true...

Buddy4point0
January 18th, 2009, 19:11
That's pretty interesting.
One thing I don't get though is that it has the PSP 3000's color space option, but the PSP 2000's ring on the back.

Whatever the case, if this PSP gets into the right hands somebody might be able to exploit it and get CFW running on the PSP 3000.

Good luck.

alanparker05
January 18th, 2009, 21:38
If it's true it's another step forward in the 3k struggle, but i seen so many fake stories i'm just going to put no thought into it untill i see more

pspmodel1001
January 19th, 2009, 00:15
I would like to know how to do this. I could have fun with that.

PSPdemon
January 19th, 2009, 06:51
That's pretty interesting.
One thing I don't get though is that it has the PSP 3000's color space option, but the PSP 2000's ring on the back.

Whatever the case, if this PSP gets into the right hands somebody might be able to exploit it and get CFW running on the PSP 3000.

Good luck.

uhh.... the psp in that video is a 1000.... i can tell because the back plate is curvy instead of flat as well as the ir sensor

also those units have the 3000 colorspace option due to the need to make sure that its compatible ( remember... all games previous to the color space option are not going to take advantage of it )

If it's true it's another step forward in the 3k struggle, but i seen so many fake stories i'm just going to put no thought into it untill i see more

this is to both of you....

this will not act as a way to hack the 3000.... its a test tool firmware.... the only thing it allows is certain variables that arnt even accesible due to the vast differences between psp hardware ( eg we obviously can use the dvd mode and most debugging modes from the debug firmwares.... albit this is just a test unit one )

in order to hack the 3000.... once again we need either a hack that allows kernel acess ( may it be HEN, some game exploit.... some redone tiff exploit or whatever ) or that we figure out the 32 bytes between the redesigned tachyon. ( aka pre ipl )

xgamer91
January 19th, 2009, 20:24
this would be great, if someone could release this awesome firmware
i had a lot of fun with it
and on the vid its a fat psp 1000, because of the IR port ;)
and the battery cover, its fatter than the slim psp :D
so if someone know, where you can download the firmware, tell us ;)

pspandrew2006
January 20th, 2009, 07:39
psp is dead sold mine