PDA

View Full Version : NoUMD Plugin

wraggster
January 18th, 2009, 22:24
News/release from red squirrel (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=146902)

ALL CREDIT GOES TO RED SQUIRREL!
This was something i asked from Red Squirrel a while ago for my PSP, because i was tired of hearing my UMD Spin, but i wanted my UMD to be in my PSP for storage and also when i wanted to play my game.

No it will not do any harm, it just shows the tray as empty.

Just install it like any other plugin.

Purpose: Store UMD's in tray without your PSP loading them on startup and making that spinning noise.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

AdamRav
January 19th, 2009, 00:57
lol

Ultima Chocochu
January 19th, 2009, 02:17
XD to purpose
But I can't say I am bothered by that lol
Perhaps it'll use a little less of the battery power by not using the UMD Drive for a second lol

jrsmaster411
January 19th, 2009, 02:21
Wow finally some one who agrees with me that the 1 second of spinning sound the psp makes is annoying

pspmodel1001
January 19th, 2009, 03:15
I like this already.

alanparker05
January 19th, 2009, 04:55
I rarely use umd so stopping spinning should extend drive life

Long
January 19th, 2009, 05:53
thank you very much i agree this umd sound is annoyn'

Buddy4point0
January 19th, 2009, 06:20
You guys know that the m33 NoUMD driver, the SONY NP93 driver, and the Legacy OE NoUMD driver all do the same thing right?
They're built into m33 CFW and can be set in the options menu.

You also want to enable the use NoUMD driver even when UMD is inserted option.

mcdougall57
January 19th, 2009, 19:58
If something as miniscule as the whirring of a UMD for a second annoys you then I wouldn't like to get in your way.

jrsmaster411
January 19th, 2009, 20:38
it's the little things that count, I just think its cool that a developer took time to remove this little annoyance and I appreciate it, all hail Red Squirrel, making all our lives a little easier

mike_jmg
January 19th, 2009, 22:53
Great

and it's not only the noise, it consumes battery life

blackrave
January 21st, 2009, 01:20
You guys know that the m33 NoUMD driver, the SONY NP93 driver, and the Legacy OE NoUMD driver all do the same thing right?
They're built into m33 CFW and can be set in the options menu.

You also want to enable the use NoUMD driver even when UMD is inserted option.

That only helps when launching something in GAME mode, if it even does that (haven't used it for quite a while). The UMD will still be accessed in the XMB, for example when launching the PSP or quitting a game, and will make the noise.

This doesn't bother me enough to use a plugin, but it's nice to have one available.

pspmodel1001
January 21st, 2009, 05:15
That only helps when launching something in GAME mode, if it even does that (haven't used it for quite a while). The UMD will still be accessed in the XMB, for example when launching the PSP or quitting a game, and will make the noise.

This doesn't bother me enough to use a plugin, but it's nice to have one available.

I agree with you. This doesn't bother me enough either but I use it nontheless.

doggous21
August 27th, 2009, 19:12
lol its actually quite good