PDA

View Full Version : ps2vice 1.14 analog joystick mod

kranoldweinreich
January 19th, 2009, 01:39
There is a new PS2Vice 1.14 mod.
It allows you to use the analog joysticks of the joypad instead of the arrow keys.
Sorry, forum software doesn't allow any attachment...

This file contains ps2vice-1.14 source code + joystick modification patch + binaries + complete files for burning a cd (c64 only).

EDIT: see below for the file attachment, including USB support.

kranoldweinreich
January 19th, 2009, 21:18
To complete the mod, I added USB mass storage device support.
Now you can load your disk/tape images from USB mass storage devices.
The cd version requires usbd.irx and usbhdfsd.irx for this feature.

Good news: file could be attached here now...

AdamRav
January 20th, 2009, 00:59
What does this do ?

Any more details ?

kranoldweinreich
January 20th, 2009, 09:02
Look at
http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2vice.shtml
for features, screenshots, ...
This mod has all the original features + the option to use analog joysticks + loading disk/tape images from usb mass storage devices.

EDIT: Unfortunately, this thread belongs to PS2. Should be moved there instead.

AdamRav
January 20th, 2009, 13:26
Ahhh i see, thats pretty nifty still

What other emulators can you get on ps2 ?

also could you watch movies and stuff off the harddrive?

wolfy4me
January 20th, 2009, 15:37
I dont' get it ????

This news is for PS2 and not for PSP !!

Thanks to move it !!

kranoldweinreich
January 21st, 2009, 10:26
Yes, someone moved it here by mistake.

The ps2 vice emulator supports mainly emulation of C64, but C128, Plus/4 ans Vic20 do work, too.

I don't think, an emulator is the right program to watch movies, though that's possible on PS2, of course.

wraggster
January 26th, 2009, 16:06
whoops, must have been me, damn must have been drunk when i moved it, could have sworn it was PSP :P

its great to see the PS2 get some emu loving.

moved back to right forum too :P

Amison
May 31st, 2009, 14:43
To complete the mod, I added USB mass storage device support.
Now you can load your disk/tape images from USB mass storage devices.
The cd version requires usbd.irx and usbhdfsd.irx for this feature.

Good news: file could be attached here now...

Hi, So I just un-zip this and then copy this from my PC and burn on to a DVD Disc and then should work on my PS2? and plus use a Memory stick for the ROMs with a d extenstion my PS 2 is a modded one thanks.

bruce_lee_
August 27th, 2010, 00:48
yo all, heres how to burn ps2vice on a dvd instead of cd. (warning: i didnt have any luck using imgburn or sony cd/dvd generator). so instead, load NERO, and when the 'new compilation' window appears, choose 'dvd' and pick the 'DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)' option. in the 'multisession' tab choose 'no multisession'. in the 'ISO' tab choose 'ISSO 9660+Joliet' for the file system. for 'file name length' choose 'Max. of 31 chars (Level 2)'. for 'Character Set', choose 'ISO 9660'. for relax restrictions, choose 'allow path depth of more than 8 directories', also choose,'allow more than 255 characters in path' and also 'allow more than 64 characters for Joliet names'. next, on the 'UDF' tab, leave it set as 'Automatic settings'. on the 'Label' tab, leave it as 'Automatic' and put in any Disc Name you want for your dvd. on the 'Dates' tab just leave it alone. on the 'Misc' tab just leave it alone. on the 'Burn' tab set your write speed (try to burn slow, eg. 4x maximum). ok now click the 'New' button and you go into the nero file browser. simply drag into this window your PS2Vice files. you may also add a dummy file, but make sure your dummy file is less than 2gb or you will have problems (you could always add two dummy files, each 1.5gb if you wish. note: if using a dummy file, drag this into the compilation window FIRST, and call your dummy file something like 0.0 (zero.zero) to ensure it is burned FIRST in your compilation). ok when you are ready now simply burn your disk (slowly) and you will have a qorking ps2vice DVD instead of CD! finally, i am still using vice 1.14 because i notice with the newer versions i had some crashes and some games not loading. so if you also experience problems with games not loading, simply use vice 1.14 instead.