PDA

View Full Version : Single or Multi?

bill00000
January 31st, 2006, 13:44
I have a question about Iris. When the time comes, will you be concentrating more on the deathmatch/multiplayer aspect of the project or single player stuff, like scripted events and such?

PSmonkey
January 31st, 2006, 16:03
Both. I want to make it massive in every aspect. Really think of it like quake 4. Quake 4 has a great single player game yet the multiplayer is every bit as good as quake 3 (which completly focused on deathmatch) if not better.

Stewie2280
February 1st, 2006, 11:41
a campaign mode with a backstory would be wicked you could like download campaign packs to get a few new models, maps etc.

BrokenWing
February 2nd, 2006, 00:57
Yeah that would be very cool to have. Can't wait to see your upcoming progress on iris :D

PSmonkey
February 2nd, 2006, 15:57
Hey BrokenWing,
Welcome, Glad to see you posting over here on the nemo forums.

BrokenWing
February 2nd, 2006, 22:39
Yeah, with a game that has so much potential (Iris), I had to sign up here to get and talk about your progress.

Actually I have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind.

1. I am curious as to how you plan on making the story mode like. Are you thinking full-fledged Story battles with bosses and everything or are you thinking more of a becoming the best warrior in the galaxy by defeating the best warriors in a variety of matches? Either of these would be cool (or even a mix of the two would be even cooler)

2. I've noticed Quake for the psp has recently had Ad-Hoc with Co-op implemented into it. What are the chances of that happening? I could see co-op dual team matches being very popular.

3. Chances of many different options in the future versions? (Low Gravity, Enemy's AI, One-shot kills, Rapid Fire for all weapons, etc.) Maybe taking a bit of inspiration from Timesplitters ;)

4. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very excited about the progression this game will make over time. Cheers to a good game that will become Legenday :D (Don't let Sony take you away and have you make Iris for version 3.0! We all see 3.0 is coming lol)

Just my two cents...What if you had a mix of tournaments and a normal type of story mode where you can buy guns and upgrade them? Maybe you could buy power-ups for single-player such as a double jump or armor that gives you more protection? Or maybe I'm taking this a little too far lol. Anyways like I said, just my two cents =o

PSmonkey
February 2nd, 2006, 23:03
Yeah, with a game that has so much potential (Iris), I had to sign up here to get and talk about your progress.

Actually I have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind.

1. I am curious as to how you plan on making the story mode like. Are you thinking full-fledged Story battles with bosses and everything or are you thinking more of a becoming the best warrior in the galaxy by defeating the best warriors in a variety of matches? Either of these would be cool (or even a mix of the two would be even cooler)

2. I've noticed Quake for the psp has recently had Ad-Hoc with Co-op implemented into it. What are the chances of that happening? I could see co-op dual team matches being very popular.

3. Chances of many different options in the future versions? (Low Gravity, Enemy's AI, One-shot kills, Rapid Fire for all weapons, etc.) Maybe taking a bit of inspiration from Timesplitters ;)

4. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very excited about the progression this game will make over time. Cheers to a good game that will become Legenday :D (Don't let Sony take you away and have you make Iris for version 3.0! We all see 3.0 is coming lol)

Just my two cents...What if you had a mix of tournaments and a normal type of story mode where you can buy guns and upgrade them? Maybe you could buy power-ups for single-player such as a double jump or armor that gives you more protection? Or maybe I'm taking this a little too far lol. Anyways like I said, just my two cents =o

1) To be determined. Maybe a mix (like you fight against quake 2 ai but at the same time there is a bounty hunter after you).
2) Need to steal a friends psp to do multi. I plan to do it soon.
3) they are in the works
4) hehe

keep ideas & opinions comming. I love to read them. :)

BrokenWing
February 2nd, 2006, 23:11
1) To be determined. Maybe a mix (like you fight against quake 2 ai but at the same time there is a bounty hunter after you).
2) Need to steal a friends psp to do multi. I plan to do it soon.
3) they are in the works
4) hehe

keep ideas & opinions comming. I love to read them. :)
I have way too many ideas for games lol. If you really wish to know what I think could be added I could make another post.

Just a warning though, I can go on and on about things like this, that's why I highlight the important things in green for you lol.