PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball: The Movie: The Game: The Screen Shots

wraggster
January 19th, 2009, 22:41
Dragonball's anime to silver screen transition looks... rough. Not that the source material was that spectacular to begin with, but it's sure to send fans into a frenzy. How bout the movie-based video game?

The good news is that the PSP-bound video game based on Dragonball Evolution looks yards better than the game based on Street Fighter: The Movie.

http://kotaku.com/5134671/dragonball-the-movie-the-game-the-screen-shots

darkriku2000
January 19th, 2009, 23:08
honestly, I don't think it looks half bad

like the budokai series with the character designs from the movie

osgeld
January 20th, 2009, 00:31
i think it looks generic and bland, sorta like some cheap teken knockoff that infested the ps1 there for a while, cept with smoother graphics...

... first glance at the thumbnails one could easily mistake this for a early version of virtua fighter

devdj
January 20th, 2009, 00:38
i think it looks generic and bland, sorta like some cheap teken knockoff that infested the ps1 there for a while, cept with smoother graphics...

... first glance at the thumbnails one could easily mistake this for a early version of virtua fighter

i thought the same too it does look like a teken rip off or some close fighting game like dead or alive i would rather a proper dragon ball z mugen game for the psp than this but it does look good for some odd reason as to why the charactors are so modernized looking.
A well i quess we will just have to wait and see when it arrives.

carlitx
January 20th, 2009, 01:05
I hate Hollywood for ruining such a good childhood series...... This only makes the crappy movie even worse.

darkriku2000
January 20th, 2009, 01:41
really, you guys call the movie crappy but you haven't seen it yet, sure the characters look different, but the story line doesn't seem out of the ordinary for dbz

carlitx
January 20th, 2009, 03:08
No, I have not seen it, but it looks to be a mockery. and it is not DBZ they are trying to dot he story of Dragonball, the series before Z where Goku is a KID (no I am not judging the movie off the basis he is a teenager). And they seem to be doing a fine job of messing the story up.

Justise
January 20th, 2009, 05:57
I think they though of the biggest bullstit a man can ever think, and added the tittle "Dragonball" to get some attention.

Eviltaco64
January 20th, 2009, 06:18
I guess this is the Street Fighter: The Movie of the Dragonball game franchise.

darkriku2000
January 20th, 2009, 21:31
Well, I for one would much rather hold my judgment until I see the movie, and probably look for trailers of the game or something

As far as the movies concerned, I just keep telling myself one thing "It HAS to be better then 'The Magic Begins'"