PDA

View Full Version : PSP Universal Remote

wraggster
January 31st, 2006, 19:27
Massa84 has released a new piece of software that turns your PSP into a Universal Control, heres the information:

<blockquote>WORKS ONLY ON 1.50

What it does

it lets you emulate every remote supported by lirc (www.lirc.org), they're nearly 1800 (all included in the release)

for the remotes not yet supported i suggest you to try to use the others remotes from the same manufacturer. there's a good probability that they would work

How do i make it work?

- extract the archive in the psp root
- launch the app
- press square and the remote list will appear
- select the manufacturer pressing x
- select the remote pressing x
- program will "reboot"
- press circle to make appear the commands list
- select the command and press x

to exit press triangle! home button makes the psp crash

What will it do:

in a near future it will have a leaning commands function, the gui will be improved now it's a little bit empty
raw lirc support

these files are already available but the app doesn't find any command</blockquote>

Download via comments

Skye
January 31st, 2006, 19:45
OMG, this is excatly what I have been hoping for. =D

IndianCheese
January 31st, 2006, 20:18
Awesome! Now if only I had 1.50 instead of 2.00...

Zephyroth_drgs
January 31st, 2006, 20:33
this is some well done fine pice of work, just something very useful, good work

Nige
January 31st, 2006, 20:51
Strange.. I can pick a manufacturer but it won't allow me to select a model. Anyone else have this problem?

joejoe912
January 31st, 2006, 20:55
when i try to extract the files i get the message

unexpected end of archive and it says that the eboot.pbp is corrupt

what shd i do

hetster
January 31st, 2006, 21:08
get latest winrar from rarlabs.com if you try to extract with an older version than the 1 used to make it you get corruption errors

joejoe912
January 31st, 2006, 21:22
thx hetser top man!!!!!

ricynero
January 31st, 2006, 22:47
It was only a matter of time before the psp was able to baffle people in doctor waiting rooms, pubs, clubs and those who refuse to change the channel!!

I knew we would be able to do this from te day I saw the IR in the PSP spec december 2004.

I remember busting pranks with my nokia 6600.

All we need now is to get the GUI tidyed up and the devices named. If the coder who wrote this needs some help I would be more than happy to oblige!!

aries2k4
January 31st, 2006, 23:11
Wow, this is great. works for my grundig and thomson tv!! Now to have fun at work in the break room,lol Great job and thanks!!

IndianCheese
January 31st, 2006, 23:23
Awesome! Now if only I had 1.50 instead of 2.00...

englishrick
February 1st, 2006, 00:19
Thanks for this....Works for my Toshiba VCR but not the tv/sky or dvd player.....

englishrick
February 1st, 2006, 00:19
Thanks for this....Works for my Toshiba VCR but not the tv/sky or dvd player.....

urherenow
February 1st, 2006, 00:23
awesome! I've been waiting for this for long time as well. Now if I wasn't too lazy to downgrade again... (been way too busy and I'm not even 1/10 through GTA methinks)

Rest assured I WILL be playing around with this one!

JoshM248
February 1st, 2006, 01:56
This is great. Is there anyway to find the codes for a Pioneer SD-643HD5 TV. :D

not here anymore
February 1st, 2006, 02:37
This is a fantastic app.
It works on PSP fw 1.0 alright.
The remote control for the ps2 (scph-10420.txt) doesn't seem to work at all.
Sony TV remote (RM-833.txt) works like a charm.
Pioneer DVD player (VXX2702.txt) works partially ("Play" works ok, Standbye doesn't)
Later,

TSR

NeoXCS
February 1st, 2006, 03:50
Lol, if only I still has a 1.5. I love my 2.0 though. So you think it's possible for a version that would work on 2.0 psp's?

lilvietquoc
February 1st, 2006, 04:05
Strange.. I can pick a manufacturer but it won't allow me to select a model. Anyone else have this problem?
i have that problem too
er...well..i dont no how to do it or soemthing
am i supposed to put the "remote" folder in the root or in the folder with the eboot..?

Privateer
February 1st, 2006, 04:27
Indeed, switching between 2.0 and 1.5 to play certain games is quite the hassle. I'd much prefer it if this worked on 2.0. Hopefully that's a realistic possibility.

caseyhalone
February 1st, 2006, 04:34
yeah, i just unzipped it all to the root and it worked and was pretty cool. freaked my wife out, she was in the dark watching csi, HOLDING THE REMOTE and all the sudden I muted it.

Now that this app is out, I will hold on to my psp for a while longer, You know a sweet remote has to come out of this, and I think this is how you spell awesomeo.

miemt11
February 1st, 2006, 06:34
I cant get the panasonic to work

GMaC
February 1st, 2006, 07:29
This is a great homebrew device i really like it.So far it works for my
Kenwood Stereo System "Remote Control Unit" RC-R0505 and my
Hitachi VCR "Remote Model" VT-RM613A

Now i have a question about my Sharp TV Remote G1395SA

Here is the remote

http://www.newtvremotes.com/Mfrs/Sharp/SharpTV/RRMCG1395CESA.htm

And here are the remote Infrared Codes

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/sharp/27l_0s180b/

Could someone point me in the right direction to make a new file for this homebrew app?

Thank You
GMaC

urherenow
February 1st, 2006, 08:50
I can't select the model either... any help? I press X on sony and it automatically chooses RM-D498.txt

THE ANSWER
February 1st, 2006, 09:40
I also get the manufacture but not the model number. Does anybody know what to do in this case?

wakaru
February 1st, 2006, 10:27
Unfortunately I can not try this nice application.

Does anybody can tell what is the maximun range of the PSP as remote control?

Do you have to be very close to the receptor (Tv, Video, DVD...) o from 5 meters apart it works OK?

Thanks

skarlath
February 1st, 2006, 10:31
Wow, this is great. works for my grundig and thomson tv!! Now to have fun at work in the break room,lol Great job and thanks!!

what grundig do you have. it dosn't work on mine :(.. tried the most .TXT now.. and the tv is like 5 years old

urherenow
February 1st, 2006, 14:40
OK.. I got it to work somewhat. There is either a buffer problem, or a ram problem, or maybe there is a corrupt file in the sony folder somewhere. I started to delete a chunk of files at a time and now I'm down to 47 .txt files in the sony folder and I can now select the remote model.

Are there any other brand names with problems like this? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

Oh.. and it did work on my TV but it's kind of hit and miss. Seems harder to turn on then off and sometimes won't work until I've pressed and held the button a few times and even then there seems to be a delayed reaction... but it DOES WORK! It might also help to mess around while changing the frequency. My Sony TV worked best using 30000 or 38000 on the frequency (R-trigger).

hpz
February 1st, 2006, 17:39
I can't figure out how to get it to work, I launch the program and then it comes up saying "Goodbye" and shuts off.

CoderX
February 1st, 2006, 18:19
This thing is the bomb

not here anymore
February 1st, 2006, 18:25
i don't think you're supposed to install everything in the "remote" folder at root of MS.
What you need to do is to go inside this folder and delete every folder you don't need.
For the folders that are left, exemple "SONY", open it and erase every .txt that don't corresponf to your remote. After launching the app and selecting "Sony" then the correct will show up directly.
Later,

TSR

urherenow
February 2nd, 2006, 04:14
sony's files show up when I cut the # of .txt files down to 50. But... time to test 1.1 :)

not here anymore
February 2nd, 2006, 04:16
Seriously guys, "iR Commander" is so much better.
A lot harder to make it work but EVERYTHING works. (PS2, TV, VCR, DVD, etc..)
Later,

TSR

winnate_93
December 19th, 2006, 03:21
hey, if you find out the problem, can you email me a link or instructions to fix it, i have the same problem and i tried everything possible to fix it. Thanks in advance! my email is [email protected]

Nevermind, i got it

Ramza042
December 19th, 2006, 03:29
Holy old thread, batman. Heh, this thread died about, oh, 10 months ago. :D

Jack_razzak
May 9th, 2007, 01:07
Does any one know how to make this work on fw 3.40?