PDA

View Full Version : AemioDA version 2.0 - Arcade Games Emulator for DS

wraggster
January 20th, 2009, 01:12
News/release from Alekmaul (http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,4061.0.html)

Here is the new version of my emulator vector for DS games, I have appointed AemioDA. It emulates 5 games and now has a brand new design! You can play Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Tempest, Battle Zone and Lunar Lander ... And it also supports DSPaddle much to the delight of players Tempest (Thursday emulated in this version).

It remains to improve the sound, not terrible for emulation POKEY Atari.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2q402de.png

Citation
V2.0: 19/01/2009
+ Add games Tempest (4 games)
+ Added emulation component POKEY (sounds Tempest / asteroid deluxe)
# Changing the management of pallets for all games
# Fixed bug in memory management
+ Add games Lunar Lander (2 games)
+ Add to the safeguarding of high scores (except Lunar Lander)
+ Add games Battle Zone (2 games)
# New interface design
+ Added support of Taito DSPaddle

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

crookedmouth
January 20th, 2009, 03:08
Alekmaul, once again proving he's the most prolific coder for the DS.

I love vector games. Imagine Star Wars: The Arcade Game or Gravitron

Anyone know what forum he uses to receive feedback and what not?

paul3100
January 20th, 2009, 07:50
Alekmaul, once again proving he's the most prolific coder for the DS.

+1

Anyone know what forum he uses to receive feedback and what not?

You could leave feedback here as he does pop on some times or try his own web site here: http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,4061.0.html

The site and the man are french so google would be good to translate the site.

cheers alekmaul once again for another great bit of software:thumbup:

paul

EDIT: having trouble getting any games to play! , put emulator in a folder then also put mame roms in same folder zipped and also unzipped but still not working.

Could it be i am using winrar rather than winzip or am i doing something else wrong?

alekmaul
January 20th, 2009, 12:16
Hello,

You can also give comments here (in French or English, it's not a pb) : http://www.portabledev.com/smf/index.php?topic=246.msg2911#msg2911

paul3100, that's a strange pb, i'm using mame zip files too and all is ok ...
You can also read the readme.txt file, you have all crc for each file needed in each game.
Also, try to use winzip, and dezip/zip again files with it, it can work better.

crookedmouth
January 20th, 2009, 12:22
+1

You could leave feedback here as he does pop on some times or try his own web site here: http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,4061.0.html

The site and the man are french so google would be good to translate the site.

cheers alekmaul once again for another great bit of software:thumbup:

paul

EDIT: having trouble getting any games to play! , put emulator in a folder then also put mame roms in same folder zipped and also unzipped but still not working.

Could it be i am using winrar rather than winzip or am i doing something else wrong?

The zipped roms can go anywhere, as long as the .NDS file goes with them.

I would just leave them in the zipped format they came in. The app is most likely even including the extension when looking for the archives.

Another thing is these file sets sometimes need to be combined. Look at Tempest Tubes for instance. It has one file in the archive tube-118.k1, so it needs the others to run. What I do is combine them all and copy and rename the files to the correct name that the emulator is looking for.

Hope that helps

Mr.Peanut
January 31st, 2009, 18:16
Has anyone else gotten this to work(SC_Lite). It keeps saying "Paddle Detected" when I have no paddle. Also, I have DLDI patched each AemioDA binary(three times) and double checked the zip files and crc's. All are in root. Bah.... :( Keeps telling me games not detected. I do not have all versions of all roms, just the ones I wanted.

Boriar
February 7th, 2009, 21:39
Has anyone else gotten this to work(SC_Lite). It keeps saying "Paddle Detected" when I have no paddle. Also, I have DLDI patched each AemioDA binary(three times) and double checked the zip files and crc's. All are in root. Bah.... :( Keeps telling me games not detected. I do not have all versions of all roms, just the ones I wanted.

I have ALL these problems with SCL, DSO, AKRPPG, CEVO and nothing. :(
I have checked all roms, crc, position, dldi,... :confused::confused: Nothing seems to work. The menu selection is really cool but that annoying issue makes me hate that emu :mad: (sorry for that but i'm desperated)
I'm waiting for the next released with this issue solved. BTW good work with emuscene :thumbup:

policrat
February 7th, 2009, 22:14
R4, genuine - My only problem is finding the correct roms, and furthermore having to check each and every fileset. I still haven't got every variation working (nor Tempest Tubes I think), but nonetheless it succeeds where it needs to.

I'd like to see Demon in the next version. Oh and Armor Attack.

Also, Tempest is pretty slow unfortunately. I doubt displaying it sideways would help in any way, but it'd look better.

Kalisiin
September 11th, 2009, 06:33
Very informative, I shall have to try combining the zip files as one suggested here, since I cannot make the Rev 2 files work for Battlezone, Tempest or Lunar Lander...also Tempest Tubes not working. will try that recommended fix.

Meanwhile, Alekmaul is still proving he is most awesome with re: homebrew on the DS for MAME.

I'm hoping to convince Alekmaul to add Crazy Climber and Digger to this.

Those are two of my most favorite arcade games. also, Gyruss would be a lot of fun!!

Unfortunately, I don't speak French, so it's easier to post this here and hope Alekmaul sees this.

Kalisiin
September 11th, 2009, 19:00
Very informative, I shall have to try combining the zip files as one suggested here, since I cannot make the Rev 2 files work for Battlezone, Tempest or Lunar Lander...also Tempest Tubes not working. will try that recommended fix.

Meanwhile, Alekmaul is still proving he is most awesome with re: homebrew on the DS for MAME.

I'm hoping to convince Alekmaul to add Crazy Climber and Digger to this.

Those are two of my most favorite arcade games. also, Gyruss would be a lot of fun!!

Unfortunately, I don't speak French, so it's easier to post this here and hope Alekmaul sees this.

EDIT: combining the zip files worked. Now all versions of all the games all work.

ON FURTHER EDIT: would like to see, perhaps, alekmaul put some of the games available on MacraDS on this one, because, for some reason, I can't get MacraDS to work right, but this one does.

Kalisiin
September 12th, 2009, 04:57
+1

I dunno if winrar has anything to do with it or not...I DO know that the ROMS have to be in an uncompressed format. I use .zip personally, and it works for me.

The other thing...it's only required that the asteroids zips be in the same folder, most times I put the ROMS in a folder called "MameRoms"

I think the .rar may have something to do with it, because I am not sure if it can do .rar files.

Kalisiin
September 12th, 2009, 05:00

No good.
Sometimes, it needs to call on a .bin file that would be included in the ROM that you did not get.

Get all the ROMS. Do like the other guy suggested by putting ALL .bin files for a type of game into ALL .zip files for that game...for example, all the "Tempest" bin files to go into ALL the Tempest zip files, even Tempest Tubes...ALL the files into all four .zip archives. This worked for me.

Just ignore the ones you don't want.