PDA

View Full Version : DaedalusX64 WIP News - N64 Emulator for PSP

wraggster
January 20th, 2009, 01:39
Kreationz (http://daedalusx64.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=22efdea210acae01937293d0c6a10b 61 ) has posted some news concerning the N64 Emulator for PSP:

Well first the apology. Sorry I've been gone so long life just got busy between work and other things, but I should have down time over the next week to get back in the game so to speak. I've started going over the myriad of changes to the code since I left and will be looking at my prior ideas that I haven't implemented yet. So real quick here's my plan for the next week or so.

Get caught up on all the forums. (Got a lot of reading to do.) Go over all the revision changes I missed. Test some old bugs to see if they are still there. Then get back to diving into the code. I'm going to look at cleaning up the code, blasting a few quick bugs, checking stability issues and getting ready for the Beta 2. I've been talking with the other devs about this and we feel it's getting close to time for it, so I'm going to be shooting for the end of the month on this (but it may take a bit longer) and trying to pack in as many bug fixes/graphical fixes for as many of the playable titles as possible.

On the code side of things:
[!] Fixed White Ghosting in Mario Kart 64 (Hopefully with performance issues this time.)
Also the texture cache can be flushed less often now which should allow for a slight performance boost in some circumstances. (More may be able to be done here but I have to do some testing.)

Lets hope its not too long before we sample a new version of the N64 Emulator.

kharaboudjan
January 20th, 2009, 13:45
over at daedalusx64 there are these kind of news almost every day.. the N64 emulator is really really nice nowadays, im using svn 249. very fast and fantastic. mario 64 and mario kart 64 is almost fullspeed now with sound enabled. they are both fully playable at least.

i think bigger news is like Howards latest progress --->

"I notice a strange game behavior today. "Neon Genesis Evangelion" will report "EEPROM NOT FOUND" when we don't enable EEPROM. And it will report "EEPROM is 4K" when we enable EEPRom4K. Interesting thing is that it will report "EEPROM not FOUND" when we enable EEPROM is 16k. I believe this is a bug in our EEPROM emulation. I spend some time to look at the code even compare with pj64 code. I didn't notice any problem.

When I debug the stateEEPROM code, I find the following declaration:
#define CONT_EEPROM 0x8000
#define CONT_EEP16K 0x4000

Looks like this is bitwise enum. So I report EEP16K + EEPROM when we have 16K EEPROM. Magic, it works.

This fix bring a very good side impact: we can boot Yoshi's Story although some graphics problem prevent it from playable."

so mario tennis and many more games will now boot for example:

Yoshi's Story
Banjo-Tooie
Cruis'n World
Donkey Kong 64
Excitebike 64
Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside
Mario Tennis
Perfect Dark
Ridge Racer 64
Star Wars Episode 1: Racer

are other games that perhaps will boot now.

another news from howard -->

"Beta2 is under plan. It is time to me to think about what to do Next.

1. Performance
+ Move CPU Emulation to ME
I am actively clean up the code to prepare doing this. After this is done, I think we are ready for another release.

+ Optimize TLB fetch
This can leverage the extra memory in Slim to create another lookup table.

2. Compatibility
+ Save State/ Load State
I'd like to rework the current code about state save and load, both for performance, also for stability.

+ Rework PIF emulation
Several ROMs donesn't like our PIF emulation."

that is really exiting :D

pizzatacoman
January 20th, 2009, 14:08
Has this actually ever been released before?

kharaboudjan
January 20th, 2009, 21:20
Has this actually ever been released before?

what do you mean?

pspmodel1001
January 21st, 2009, 05:10
Can't wait to play Star Wars Episode 1: Racer again. YAY don't have to play it on the computer anymore!

t3h 1337
February 3rd, 2009, 21:35
Ok, i get about 25 fps in the menu of perfect dark with sound,BUT I CANT SEE ANYTHING! I can hear it but i can see it! I saw kharaboudjan say something about being able to see perfect dark or something, if you have the way to do this, please help me out with this.This is my favorite n64 game.Since the sound works, it some kind of graphics problem i think.Please help :confused:

Wally
February 4th, 2009, 06:01
Ok, i get about 25 fps in the menu of perfect dark with sound,BUT I CANT SEE ANYTHING! I can hear it but i can see it! I saw kharaboudjan say something about being able to see perfect dark or something, if you have the way to do this, please help me out with this.This is my favorite n64 game.Since the sound works, it some kind of graphics problem i think.Please help :confused:

Correct, Perfect Dark is missing instructions to run the graphics.

t3h 1337
February 7th, 2009, 02:57
Can anyone make instructions for daedalus for me?! :D

jurkevicz
February 7th, 2009, 03:51
:confused:Dhuuuu.....:confused:

Nokiaman
February 7th, 2009, 16:18
Good luck on this emulator!
Looking forward to play Goldeneye64 :D

aa_rox
February 7th, 2009, 17:56
I look forward to a faster gameplay..... LONG LIVE DAEDALUSX64!!!!