PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed!

dragon92
January 20th, 2009, 08:22
A PSP Fat I was given yesterday does not recognize the official PSP-290 GPS receiver!And not only with MapThis!,but with Go!Explore as well!Both the GPS and the PSP's USB port are working correctly(tested USB Camera).I tried ChillyWilly's Key Cleaner,it didn't work.I tried to change the files usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx from Flash0 with these from other firmwares-no.What am I doing wrong?It's obvious it is nothing hardware-related.Please help!

Nieko
January 20th, 2009, 09:31
Why would it not be something hardware related? Does the dongle work on another PSP, or another dongle on yours?

And why do you need help urgently?

dragon92
January 20th, 2009, 10:28
Why would it not be something hardware related? Does the dongle work on another PSP, or another dongle on yours?

And why do you need help urgently?

I need help because that PSP is not mine!And yes,the GPS works fine with my PSP Slim(I have two PSP-290,they both work on the Slim,but not with the Fat).The USB camera works with the PSP Fat,however I don't know why it does not recognise the GPS...

Nieko
January 20th, 2009, 14:13
Ah, you said you were given it, as a present I thought :).

Since the GPS dongle does work on your slim PSP, and the camera works on the fat PSP, I doubt it's a hardware problem.

Have you tried running both the really old Map This! version, which requires you to extract the PRX files yourself, as well as the newer one, which does that itself? And have you tried reinstalling the firmware?

dragon92
January 20th, 2009, 17:06
I have reinstalled the firmware a dozen of times.I tried old versions of MapThis! as well.What is more confusing is that it doesn't work with the official Go!Explore!

dragon92
January 22nd, 2009, 19:44
Now I am totally confused:it doesn't even work under the official fimware!What the hell can I do???

fischauge
January 23rd, 2009, 05:55
The official firmware doesnt even support custom software(homebrew) like mapthis

dragon92
January 23rd, 2009, 07:05
The official firmware doesnt even support custom software(homebrew) like mapthis

Like I don't know that!I have the original Go!Explore UMD!

THEENTITY35
January 28th, 2009, 18:27
please someone here to tell me step by step with a little patience , how to set up the complete procedures to how set the gps into my first (fat) psp, how can i create the "game303"'folder to add the "mapthis290_cn" into it , but as i know i nned to create the game303 and after that how to get download the mapthis290_cn or another available online , and to do those things do i need to use the psp manager in my pc??:confused:

dragon92
January 28th, 2009, 18:34
First: Download MapThis! and put it in PSP/GAME
Second: Download a map with GMDL
Third: Insert the reciever,start MapThis! and wait for it to lock satellites...