PDA

View Full Version : GameCube releases for Wii to retail at full price

Shrygue
January 20th, 2009, 20:58
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/gamecube-releases-for-wii-to-retail-at-full-price)

Nintendo's GameCube remakes for the Wii will sell at the same price as a normal Wii release, according to retailers.

The first two games in the New Play Control! brand are Pikmin and Mario Power Tennis, and have a recommended retail price of GBP 39.99, although online retailers are already slashing prices. Nintendo claims the titles have a RRP of GBP 29.99.

The titles will have reworked control support for the unique Wiimote, as well as a few other updated features.

Mario Power Tennis was first released in the UK in 2005, while Pikmin was released in 2002.

The new Pikmin will be released on February 6 in the UK, with Mario Power Tennis due for release March 6. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Pikmin 2 are also set for the New Play Control! brand later this year.

grossaffe
January 21st, 2009, 03:20
I don't like that, they should release for $30.00 USD just like RE4 did.

Shadowblind
January 21st, 2009, 04:32
They are releasing a title made in 2002 for full price, with nothing but new controls?

Hevyduty
January 21st, 2009, 04:51
I don't like that, they should release for $30.00 USD just like RE4 did.

In the US, Pikmin and Mario Power Tennis are priced at $30 USD. I think it's just Europe that's going to get screwed.

Unicron2k
January 22nd, 2009, 13:04
I think it's just Europe that's going to get screwed.

Like always...
Sucks to be in Europe sometimes :(

ICE
January 22nd, 2009, 17:01
Like always...
Sucks to be in Europe sometimes :(

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free!

evilzippy
January 24th, 2009, 01:35
rofl the games are not free ebay is more free than you 8)

Unicron2k
January 26th, 2009, 20:43
And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free!
Don't know about you, but I don't measure freedom in how much a game costs. Most of our high prices is a result of high taxes, and we get a lot of freebies with that, so I'm okay. It's just that THEY(Nintendo) choose to charge the same for each copy of a Wiimake as they do with an original Wii game(See my point? Okay, good...).

I live in Norway btw.(Google it!)

WhizzBang
January 26th, 2009, 20:50
Don't know about you, but I don't measure freedom in how much a game costs. Most of our high prices is a result of high taxes, and we get a lot of freebies with that, so I'm okay. It's just that THEY(Nintendo) choose to charge the same for each copy of a Wiimake as they do with an original Wii game(See my point? Okay, good...).

He was making a subtle joke.

Unicron2k
January 26th, 2009, 21:51
He was making a subtle joke.

Kinda got it(and kinda didn't :o ). And no offense/flaming were intended with that post. If anyone got that impression, I apologize.
I just don't like it very much when people think/speak like that, because I know a few people who hasn't had it easy growing up(They're immigrants, I'm ethnic norwegian).

Okay, kinda long, but i felt for explaining myself.

Anyway, my actual point lay in the fact that Ninty have become money-loving a**-holes which in turn makes it even more expensive over here, and that angers me a bit. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Still, I think I'll stick with'em for a while longer and see what they plan to do.

Eviltaco64
January 26th, 2009, 21:55
They are releasing a title made in 2002 for full price, with nothing but new controls?

But inovashn maeks up 4 it!

While they're at it, they should rerelease Sunshine with Wii controls and sell it for the same price they sell Galaxy.

ICE
January 26th, 2009, 22:43

Are you seriously making a serious reply to that comment? I didnt read any of it but I'm assuming thats what it is.

DPyro
January 27th, 2009, 00:33
It doesn't matter to me as I won't be buying any of these games http://www.neowin.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/pirate.gif