PDA

View Full Version : WarioWare Custom

wraggster
January 20th, 2009, 21:34
Heres an entry in the Winter 2008 Drunken Coders Coding Comp (http://www.drunkencoders.com/compo/index.php?page=entries)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2bck7c.png

Submitted by: SaviorXTanren
Description:
WarioWare Custom homebrew version of the popular WarioWare game series created by Nintendo. This version is contains 10 mini-games that utilize both the regular buttons, touch screen, and microphone to keep you on your toes. Sorry though, this isn't a Christmas edition of any sorts.

For those of you that have never played a WarioWare game before, this is as detailed a description of the concept as I could come up with. WarioWare games have a very simple concept. You are given a random mini-games in which you must figure out how to complete it in the allotted time (4-5 seconds). Some are very straight forward, while others you'll have to think about. If you pass the game, you move on to the next one. If you fail, you lose a life. Every time a game is done, whether you complete it or not, it is added to your running total of how many games you have made it through. After so many games, you'll reach a speed up, which naturally speeds up the game and leaves you less time to finish it. There are three levels of speed and after you finish the last level, you're speed will go back down to normal, but you will have a difficulty increase. The games will now be slightly harder than on the previous difficulty. Speed with continue to increase until you get to the final level. There are three levels and three speeds for each level. You goal is to simply see how far you can make it before you lose all 4 lives. Simple, no? =)

There are two modes in the game, single player and multi-player.

Single player allows you to play by yourself and see how many games you can beat before you run out of lives. Also, there is a collection mode in which you can play each of the games individually on the first difficulty and speed.

Multi-player mode currently only have one multi-player game, Single DS Multiplayer. This game allow you to play with up to 4 people on one DS, in which you battle against each other to see who can last the longest.

Right now, the game is still very much in development and there are still some sections of only text. I apologize for that much, there was a lot of rush to get this done in time for this competition. However, everything works great. Call this a slightly better, proof-of-concept of what is soon to come with this game.

Controls:
Use A,B,Y,X buttons, direction pad, and touch stylus to figure how to solve the game. When all else fails, try something random!

Special Instructions:
None, just good luck.

Well, alright, I'll give you a little hint.

If you look at the top screen during a game, there will be a message for you that should give you an idea of what you need to do to complete the mini-game.

Ehh, ok, I'll give you a one more hint. =D

If the mini-game doesn't specify or say anything specifically about using the buttons, you're not going to use the buttons, you'll probably use either the microphone or the touch screen.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments