PDA

View Full Version : The official version 3.00 thread!

IndianCheese
February 1st, 2006, 02:53
What do YOU hope to see in version 3.00?

Adobe (Macromedia) Flash Player support
Built-in POP e-mail client
Streaming audio and video without use of RSS
Future support for "MediaCapture", a camera with a microphone that plugs into the USB jack that can record PSP-compatible photos, audio, and videos. There could be like a MediaCapture icon underneath the three and whichever you pick it starts!
SNES and Genesis emulator support (kind of a stretch, but Sony could get the rights to digitally sig and sell copies of ROMs. Of course, they would have to be like instantly linked with your MAC address so they could not be distributed illegally online.)
Support for USB keyboards
Bluetooth USB hub
Support for MPEG, AVI, or even WMV videos
Built-in AIM, YIM, MSNM
Option for no UMD auto-load

Now if 3.00 supported all that, I would update in a second. (The ones I have typed in green are the ones that I think are most likely.) SCREW HOMEBREW! Just kidding. Of course, 3.00 may not be out for another 3-4 months. Maybe, if Sony likes to tick off people, they could wait longer lol

Kaiser
February 1st, 2006, 04:31
Hell I'd prefer no new firmware comes out. The sooner they stop making them the better. That way we can work on these firmwares and finally stop worrying about what sony is cooking up next.

one winged angel
February 1st, 2006, 13:25
yeah firmwares for the sony psp are F&$k if they contain security

satoshi
February 1st, 2006, 20:22
I want more new firmwares that can be DUMPed. Because I can run it with firmware loader. So, Why not new firmware updates ;)

IndianCheese
February 1st, 2006, 20:38
Just because new firmwares will up security doesn't mean they are bad. Get your minds out of the gutters, people. Homebrew isn't everything. Just because Sony doesn't want you to do it doesn't mean that it is the coolest thing ever. We are looking for ways to make the PSP better. These new features would beg me to update. In fact, if I had a LocationFree base station, I would be at 2.60 right now.

Festizzio
February 2nd, 2006, 03:45
I would like midi support. It wouldn't make me update, but it'd be a nice feature if I ever do decide to update. ;)
Also, my mind is not "in the gutters", I think very highly of the developers and people who work for this scene and try to support it. If you think that my mind is in the gutters when I think about homebrew, what you're really saying is that you think the same of the homebrew developers who are thinking about homebrew and where they could go next. I suggest you just leave if you don't support the scene. After all, that's one of the main reasons we have all these updates in the first place; it's because of the homebrew devs and their dedication. So, your thanks should only go partly to Sony for these updates.

DustinFraze
February 2nd, 2006, 06:00
Homebrew support.

Yeah. I went there.

If Sony would give homebrew developers a hook into userspace code, developers would be able to code for them, but without access to kernel space, apps which allow UMD's to be emulated via ISO files wouldn't be allowed.

I don't think WMV will ever become a possibility. Sony has a utility for converting media to a PSP compatable format. WMV licensing costs a lot of money, and a lot more freedom. I know when the Rio Karma licensed the WMA codecs from MS, they had to agree that their kernel would be closed source, and all sorts of voodoo to preserve the DRM protection features of WMA. Though Sony probably never has plans to open up the source to the firmware, they may have some plans for it which they don't want to be locked under some restrictive license by MS. Besides, they're not exactly best friends...why would they deal with MS and get people to move to their formats if they didn't have to?

Many of your other suggestions would be dumb if USB keyboard support doesn't get implemented. And it's under debate as to if the USB chip is capable of being the host in a connection. If it's not, forget about keyboards. Unless they're intelligent, proprietary keyboards, which would be too expensive for most consumers anyway. Demand would be pretty low, considering the PSP is a portable device, and a large keyboard would make it less portable. Cost would go up.

I second Festizzio's motion. If you don't support homebrew, then what are you doing here?

DrX
February 2nd, 2006, 09:13
i dont think theyll put avi or mpeg support... cause if u think about it they dont want us to pirate games and if u could play avi's then theres very little stopping u from pirating movies

Festizzio
February 2nd, 2006, 18:18
i dont think theyll put avi or mpeg support... cause if u think about it they dont want us to pirate games and if u could play avi's then theres very little stopping u from pirating movies
Pirates are able to just download avis and mpegs, then convert to mp4 anyway, so there's virtually nothing stopping them now. So, avi and mpeg support would not be as bad a double-edged sword as you think. ;)

bonzai10
February 9th, 2006, 14:18
I hope Sony will allow to run homebrew - legal without iso loader but as far as i know Sony will never do such thing =]

DrX
February 11th, 2006, 06:14
i dont think theyll ever allow homebrew either... and i wanna blame it mostly on gba mostly cause it ports so many games straight from the original SNES versionsand if we are talking about companies losing money if they allow homebrew support ppl will play GBA games wich are still being marketed and other games that they may be planning on re releasing.... either way u look at it iso loader / roms ur pirating stuff.... some real new and some maybe updated and some outdated but thats just my 2 cents...

P.S. Festizzio now that i think about it i guess AVI support does make sence... cause if ur gona go through the trouble of downloading a movie u might as well wait the extra couple of hours while its encoded into a diff format so it would make sence if they bite the bullet

EngPSP
February 17th, 2006, 15:01
If Sony add anything decent, E.G a paint app, ability to connect a camera to the usb port and use it from home menu, ability to connect a T.V areal to the usb port and watch T.V on PSP anywhere
Then i dont mind upgrading my 2.0 PSP

YourStillWithMe
February 17th, 2006, 23:05
I agree 100% with Kaiser's response. Who cares about the new updates that they could possibly give us? You even said yourself cheese man that you would like to some emu's able to run on a new firmware. You love HB just as much as most. . .

Sony will have to literally give me HomeBrew on 2.61+ to have me update.

IndianCheese
February 23rd, 2006, 04:14
After seeing those pics, a great fantasy appeared in my head...

Wouldn't it be great to listen to XM and watch DirecTV anywhere? I mean, what else would those SATELLITE options be on the XMB (besides fake, what a letdown that would be...easy come easy go, i guess, unless Sony starts charging for updates...well then how would they convince people to pay for updates that have HB security on them...OK I'll stop rambling.)

Libernullmal
February 27th, 2006, 20:24
I think they should make A PSP channel like the Sega Channel, in the 3.00 Firmware version. I would be willing to pay 10.00 a month to play games get updates things like that. Something like Sega Channel for my PSP would make me forget homebrews, hacks cracks mods, and blogs..yep thats right I wouldn't come to some message forum and i would even stop using Myspace.com... all for A PSP CHannel kinda thing.. :)

laggmaster
March 3rd, 2006, 04:14
Dont get me wrong im not a person who downloads isos or Roms or anything of the sort but i wish that they had a system were people could Make programs for the psp (psp Kick is one of my favorite non iligal programs) so that the good hamebrew could be used and sony could learn from it and incorperate it into there own programs.

AtariFreek
March 3rd, 2006, 05:15
OMG OMG OMG, Ok, First Of All, If You Dont Like Homebrew, STOP READING THIS F****** THREAD. Ok. Now. Well Then. First Of All, We Are Each Entitled To Our Own Opinion About Sony's New Updates, And Whether They're Sh***y Or Great, But This Is About The New Firmware, Not About Piracy, Homebrew, Or Even Chocolate Pudding. Sony Is NOT Going To Allow Homebrew At All, So JUST FORGET ABOUT IT!!! STICK TO YOUR 1.5s. JOHN WAYNE ISN'T DEAD HE'S FROZEN.......Ok Ill Calm Down Now.

P.S. If Sony DOES Allow Homebrew, You Can All PM Me Saying That I'm A F***** A** Hol* Who Drinks His Own ***. You Can Also Register Your PSP With My LocationFree Base Station. Thats How Sure I Am.

PWNED

IndianCheese
March 18th, 2006, 03:00
Wow. So what would YOU like to see in version 3.00?

krad
April 8th, 2006, 01:03
sony just wants to put an end to homebrew,right?so isnt it obvious that the new firmwhare is still in the works becaus they are trying to seal up the homebrew deal once and for all!?!theres only one thing to do at times like this.....ANARCHY!!! FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!

kimbonious
April 10th, 2006, 07:36
have it select an option in psp setup to cache from the memory stick and you select how much. Might help load times

HGHG HGHG AL.HGHG
April 10th, 2006, 13:39
وش الهرج الفاضي؟ يابن الكلاب

robotdevil
April 11th, 2006, 19:19
I would agree with the memory stick cache, not only could it be controlled on a session basis, but it would help speed up load times and GREATLY increase battery life. Don't get me wrong, I love homebrew, got tons of apps now (some not quite legal) but I upgraded to v2.00 and havn't looked back. I love the built in web browser, and I still buy PSP UMD games that require that firmware. I'm not about to upgrade anytime soon (for fear of loosing the homebrew I do use) but for an extra 3hrs battery life I might consider it.

Just my thoughts

grin.ch
April 11th, 2006, 19:39
I am still new to hacking and cracking, so as long as there are exploits to be revealed in v3.00, I'm all about it... however, I am afraid that by the time I learn hacking on the PSP, it will be a dinosaur. :(