PDA

View Full Version : [re-RELEASE] Nethack PSP (created by Virtuamunstaz and Ivegotthepawa) for PSP SLIM.

Jinx1337
January 21st, 2009, 23:25
So I had one of these Nethack moments one evening and decided to google for an eventual PSP port.

I found a perfect Nethack port created by some good folks named Virtuamunstaz and Ivegotthepawa.

Original site:

http://www.feelthepawa.com/PSP/NetHack/

Unfortunately - the port was only made for 1.5 firmwares.
I quickly created a PSP SLIM / CFW 3.xx+ version using the eloader bridge.

Here you go, I attatched it to my post. Just unrar to PSP\GAME and enjoy.
I left the original release intact.

Thanks for your awesome job porting Nethack to PSP Virtuamunstaz / Ivegotthepawa and thank you, Eloader creators.

PS.

If you're new to nethack, I advice you read the guide included on the mentioned site.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
January 22nd, 2009, 00:33
For anyone who doesn't know what NetHack is (Like me) I found this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetHack

This actually looks pretty cool. It pulls out a lot of retro desire in me so I'm downloading the 1000 version. I don't have a slim.

But thanks for the slim port man, and a big thanks for the original porters as well as the original creators.

browncoat.tobi
January 22nd, 2009, 10:34
The game loads, but when I'm asked to enter my name it doesn't do anything, no matter what buttons I press.
I can exit the game without problems, though.

Jinx1337
January 22nd, 2009, 16:51
The game loads, but when I'm asked to enter my name it doesn't do anything, no matter what buttons I press.
I can exit the game without problems, though.

Weird, works just fine on my end.

Use d-pad to enter your name and chose "done" when...well - done.

You sure you put it in the GAME dir set on 3.xx+ kernel?

wizardofyendor
January 23rd, 2009, 05:51
screen scrolling in ascii mode doesn't work :(

Jinx1337
January 23rd, 2009, 16:12
screen scrolling in ascii mode doesn't work :(

I guess you could try to get in touch with the original creators and bug them to update the port, heh.

It worked for me a couple of times in the past.

Also, check TOME PSP out:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8179

Check my last post in the thread, where I re-uploaded that release.

Coolie4
January 24th, 2009, 17:13
lawlz.... silly me

and i thought it was a portable WEP cracker >.>

would be perfect for psp lol

IveGotThePawa
January 31st, 2009, 17:25
Thanks for your awesome job porting Nethack to PSP Virtuamunstaz / Ivegotthepawa and thank you, Eloader creators.

The great thing about nethack, is that it never gets old ;) and with enthousiasm like you've show the world here, it never will.

May I post your Slim Update on my Website also? So SLIM PSP Owner won't feel left out when they stumble upon my (old) release?

Or provide a link so I can put it in the news section.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, you wouldn't be surprise that Nethack is still on my PSP and that I load it up a couple of times a month.

IveGotThePawa

P.S. If you ask Virtuamunstaz hard enough (and if the good people at SDL port their stuff to the Wii) you might get a Wii release from him?

:-D

Jinx1337
February 1st, 2009, 03:05
The great thing about nethack, is that it never gets old ;) and with enthousiasm like you've show the world here, it never will.

May I post your Slim Update on my Website also? So SLIM PSP Owner won't feel left out when they stumble upon my (old) release?

Or provide a link so I can put it in the news section.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, you wouldn't be surprise that Nethack is still on my PSP and that I load it up a couple of times a month.

IveGotThePawa

P.S. If you ask Virtuamunstaz hard enough (and if the good people at SDL port their stuff to the Wii) you might get a Wii release from him?

:-D

But of course you should!

This is your work, heh. I didn't really do anything spectacular.

Both you and Eloader staff are the ones who should be thanked!
Please post it on your site, so that more people can enjoy Nethack while slacking off at work/uni/bus/bed or wherever they feel like it, heh.

And if I asked you for anything else, it'd be T-ENGINE (ToME+modules) port for the PSP and FreeCIV SDL port.

Best regards from Poland!

IveGotThePawa
February 9th, 2009, 15:24
But of course you should!

I will then, thanks! Give me a couple of days and I will see what I can do.

And if I asked you for anything else, it'd be T-ENGINE (ToME+modules) port for the PSP and FreeCIV SDL port.

I'm not sure I know what this T-ENGINE stuff is, so I whink you will have to rely on someone else for this.

But Ive played so much with Civilization (the one from Sid). Now, I will have to blame you for putting a "spark" like that in my mind. This looks mighty interesting.

Don't hold your breath over it, but I will look at what I could do about FreeCiv. I've downloaded it and will play with it a bit to evaluate what could or could not be done with this.

The trouble is that with 2 kids and 2 jobs, spare time is very rare right now. But we never know ;)

See you around guyz,

Jinx1337
February 9th, 2009, 21:29
Thanks for your reply.

I think that with a bit of graphic resizing, an SDL version port could be done, but then again - I am no coder.

Please look into it whenever you feel like it, I won't hold my breath but will definately cross my fingers!

Best wishes.

vetkin
March 7th, 2009, 13:23
Awesome..now if you can re-upload ToME id would be great.

Jinx1337
March 14th, 2009, 02:16
Sorry, I didn't notice your plea friend.

Should have PMed me :)

I'll do that first thing in the morning when I find it.