PDA

View Full Version : PSP iR Commander v0.6

wraggster
February 1st, 2006, 17:55
Ahman (http://www.ahman.co.nr/) has released another remote controller app for the PSP, heres the info:

<blockquote>iR Commander is an Infra-Red Universal Remote Control software for Playstation Portable. It allows you to control various home appliances and other infra-red based equipments. It's implementation is based on CIR (Consumer IR), not IrDA. Thus, it will not allow you to communicate with your laptop via IrDA for information exchange. CIR is typically used among most home appliances and electronic equipments with IR wireless remote controls, such as TVs, VCRs, DVDs, Projectors, etc.
The current version of iR Commander does not allow your PSP to directly learn another remote control unit by pointing at it. Instead, it uses the most popular IR code available on the net, Pronto Hex Code. By copying the Pronto Hex Codes to your PSP, you can eventually turn your PSP into a Universal remote with support for over than 6000 equipments.

Feature List:

Support standard Pronto Hex Codes. The most popular published IR code database on the net.
Remote Control Units are defined as Remote Description Files (RDF). The system currently supports a maximum of 100 RDF files, that is, you can have 100 different remotes on your PSP.
RDF can be created easily by end-users via a simple text editor. RDF contains the key definitions and it's corresponding Pronto Hex Codes.
Optional bitmap graphics can be used to describe the remote layout and their functions. If you don't provide the bitmap, the system will generate a default text based layout description.
Current version supports a maximum of 24 keys per device (per RDF).
Macros are supported which allows you to press a single key to control multiple devices. For example, click 'X' on PSP can allow you to switch on the TV, change to AV channel, power on DVD player and start playing the disc.</blockquote>

Download via comments

IndianCheese
February 1st, 2006, 21:03
Nice. I just tested this out with my Xbox (with my sister's 1.50) and it works like a charm. Except for the lack of a Back button...gotta go fix that now!

not here anymore
February 1st, 2006, 22:22
Seems cool but how do i find the .RDF files for my systems?
Or where is it possible to find Pronto codes?
I find .CCF file for my remote but how to convert to .RDF for iR Commander?
Later,

TSR

LC_killer
February 2nd, 2006, 02:40
damn i have 2.0 and i cant use it yet. i hope fanjita gets ir functions open for 2.0 soon!

mchaggis211
February 2nd, 2006, 03:52
dude LC just Downgrade if u want it so badly

any way awesome app

LC_killer
February 2nd, 2006, 05:44
i cant give up socom, i got a good clan going. and i read that ir runction will open in a few versions or the eboot loader. im wairing to see how long.

tucsonbox
January 9th, 2008, 09:13
i cant find anywhere to get remote codes for my devices lol

No_one_in_particular
January 9th, 2008, 10:27
http://dl.qj.net/Pronto-Hex-Codes-v1.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/4890/catid/189

tucsonbox
January 25th, 2008, 02:19
doesnt have directv rc-64 remote :(

discombobulated
January 25th, 2008, 02:54
Anyone know if this will work with Hauppauge TV card remotes?

StoneCut
January 25th, 2008, 19:56
Wow people - look at the date !!!

This application later turned into "iR Shell". There's a pronto codes pack for 2,000+ devices available for iR Shell.