PDA

View Full Version : Duke Nukem 3D Ported to PSP

wraggster
February 1st, 2006, 18:01
StereoMike who released an update to Doom on our forums has today ported Duke Nukem 3D to the PSP, heres the info:

<blockquote>This is a port of the JonoF:s version of Duke Nukem 3d to PSP by StereoMike

Jfduke3d was originally developed by Jonathan Fowler and can be found here
http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

BUGS
=====
- The pitch of Duke's voice is a bit too high making him sound a bit "strange" :)
- No loading(saving works...)
- No music
- Not completely stable, may crash when starting a game and exiting (but i have played a couple of levels in a row, so it should be stable ingame)
- The key-bindings are a bit tricky to change since you can't delete the old ones.
- The "Press any key to goto next level" only reacts to pressing "Start"</blockquote>

Download via comments, COME GET SOME :)

Sterist
February 1st, 2006, 18:23
OMGz right on!! lol i remember this game from childhood, the only game that i remember playing before this one was wolfenstein, but i got (had) that on snes emulator. beat it :)

i bet i still remember some of the levels.........

Sharpy
February 1st, 2006, 19:21
awesome, this is great, looks as if bugs may be fixed too by the looks of it, thanks StereoMike

ukkevinl
February 1st, 2006, 19:24
Brilliant loved this. Damn got to find my copy now for the GRP file!

Thanks again

cheers

kevin

ap0calypse
February 1st, 2006, 20:01
WOW! StereoMike you have made my day...

After reading psMonkey protest news, I felt as though good coders were fed up with the scene and a great new release would be somewhere in the next hundred years...LOL, It turned out I only had to wait one day, this is one of my favourite games of all time. I remember playin 8 player deathmatches over a LAN with my mates...ahhh, good times.

Spectacular Work ;)

EDIT: I have just tested this out on my PSP(Vers. 1.5) I had to hunt around my ancient collection of DOS games to find the GRP file, but i found it eventually. It works great, almost perfect! The voice bug made me laugh too, it sounds like a chipmunk version of duke! This is a MUST have for anyone who enjoys FPS games!!!

TheEmulatorGuy
February 1st, 2006, 20:48
Holy ****ing ****! This is amazing!

You know how easy this makes it to port Shadow Warrior? Not much, actually, but hah, it's a huge step to my dream come true. =D

Good job!

nexus68
February 1st, 2006, 21:41
Thanks a lot, this is one of my favourite games also, time to re-use my old cd.
It's a port of Jfduke3d so it's possible to play with the High Resolution Pack like on windows in futur version ?
http://hrp.planetduke.gamespy.com/about.htm

if you want a launch BG
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7876/dn3dbig7ma.th.png (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dn3dbig7ma.png)

Sharkey
February 1st, 2006, 23:21
No effin way. :eek:
This was out of the blue.

Alot of people, myself included have been drooling over the the thougfht of this release.
Props to you for taking the initiative and making it a reality, thank you.
Looking forward to saving and loading and Ill be totally happy. ;)

radi777
February 1st, 2006, 23:25
THX for this nice port ! btw. Shareware version works fine...Great job.
Whats about mouse look? do I need this for this game ??? When I activate mouse aim I can´t walk anymore ....

nexus68
February 2nd, 2006, 00:46
THX for this nice port ! btw. Shareware version works fine...Great job.
Whats about mouse look? do I need this for this game ??? When I activate mouse aim I can´t walk anymore ....

Yes and with mouse look you must redefine keys to walk etc ...
I redefined completely my keys like in the quake2 port:

Triangle: Forward
Cross: Backward
Circle: Strafe right
Square: Strafe left
Left trigger: jump
Right trigger: fire
UP dpad: Open, activate
Down dpad: Crouch
Left dpad: Previous weapon

HepburnFan
February 2nd, 2006, 01:40
A very nice port, a big THX to the developer :)

It works really fine and it's very nice to play Duke on the PSP.

My question is, if there is a way to run custom maps with this port. I tried to launch a custom map, but i couldn't select it in the list.

That would be nice, there's a great western-map for Duke Nukem and i would be happy to play it, too.

wolfpack
February 2nd, 2006, 01:55
I LOVE duke nukem... once this gets fully coded correctly, SHADOW WARRIOR IS NEXT I HOPE!!! man my dreams are coming true finally. Great job guys, great effin job.

moogster66
February 2nd, 2006, 02:06
This Rocks! And to think, I was putting off buying a psp! Ports like this are great for bringing back the classics and make them feel fresh and exciting again! Thanks for such a great job! :D

Lodis
February 2nd, 2006, 02:42
Just in case anyone is wondering, this Port works fine on my 2.0 firmware using Choice Loader.

shadowprophet
February 2nd, 2006, 03:32
Thats what im talking about !!!!

kayhanbakid
February 2nd, 2006, 04:15
i found my old Duke Nukem 3D cd and used the .GRP file. I used to love this game but could never get very far without using GOD MODE. I'm not very good at these types of games. Any chance we'll be seeing cheats in the next update?

THANKS A MILLION FOR THIS RELEASE!!!!

AtariFreek
February 2nd, 2006, 05:10
This Is Great!!! My Old .GRP File Works At Like Full Speed! Plus Duke 'Chipmunk' Nukem Sounds Hilarious!!!

gemini26
February 2nd, 2006, 05:15
Good stuff, works fine on my 2.0 with the eboot loader. Most Impressive!

shadowprophet
February 2nd, 2006, 05:19
WOW THIS RUNS GREAT!!!

I can confirm just like mentioned before, This works on 2.0 psp's aswell.

Gawd the memories flooding back ..
its 1996's best game in my book.

Gawd I love this!!!

kaoss-b
February 2nd, 2006, 05:29
Fantastic!! I was playing it on my 2.0... What can I say. Excellent work. With loading working this would be Really Amazing.
Congratulations for your port!!

F9zDark
February 2nd, 2006, 05:58
Great port I must say. Can't wait until things get patched up, maybe even port over multiplayer abilities. Great work!

DrSarcasmo
February 2nd, 2006, 09:02
It works a treat, StereoMike! Thanks for this pleasant surprise!

Running it on my 2.0 machine. Damn fine to see the strippers again...LOL

DrSarcasmo

ukkevinl
February 2nd, 2006, 10:05
It works a treat, StereoMike! Thanks for this pleasant surprise!

Running it on my 2.0 machine. Damn fine to see the strippers again...LOL

DrSarcasmo

Hi, cant wait to try this and am delighted to see that it works for some people with 2.0. Could I ask those users, what eboot did you use? Ive tried 1.0 and 1.5 eboots on my 2.0 PSP with eboot loader 0.9 and it just displays a black screen.

My file structure for the Duke 3d folder is:

Duke3d.grp
eboot.pbp
duke3d.cfg
duke3d.log
stdout.txt

I first thought to look in STDOUT.txt and see what it said, which was:

addsearchpath(): Added ms0:/PSP/GAME/Duke3d/
471Duke Nukem 3D v1.999
Copyright (c) 1996 3D Realms Entertainment
written to fileCON file "GAME.CON" missing.

So I found game.con as well and put it in there. Still a black screen but an empty stdout.txt

can anyone help?

cheers

kevin

shadowprophet
February 2nd, 2006, 11:15
Im useing fanjitas eboot loader 09 for 2.0

Man I hope this guy has other projects.
hes aparently the bomb:D

ukkevinl
February 2nd, 2006, 11:17
Im useing fanjitas eboot loader 09 for 2.0

Man I hope this guy has other projects.
hes aparently the bomb:D

Hi,

Could I ask, did you use the FW1.0 version or FW1.5 version?

thanks

Kevin

shadowprophet
February 2nd, 2006, 11:39
Ive always heard its best when useing a 2.0 loader to use the 1.0 type homebrew because the 1.5 homebrew is exploited differently.
so I used the 1.0 version, :D

Have a blast with this port its the best thing ive seen in a while :D

Cheers bro:p

DrSarcasmo
February 2nd, 2006, 12:22
I used the 1.0 FW version also. Worked the first time...

DrSarcasmo

Xan
February 2nd, 2006, 12:45
OMG , i love you.. this is best of games out there.

ukkevinl
February 2nd, 2006, 12:47
I used the 1.0 FW version also. Worked the first time...

DrSarcasmo

Thanks to both of you, I found out that the GRP file I was using was wrong. So now Ive got the correct one (found the old CD!) and I have to agree that its fantastic!!!

thanks again for your answers

cheers

Kevin

ukkevinl
February 2nd, 2006, 12:48
Ive always heard its best when useing a 2.0 loader to use the 1.0 type homebrew because the 1.5 homebrew is exploited differently.
so I used the 1.0 version, :D

Have a blast with this port its the best thing ive seen in a while :D

Cheers bro:p

Thanks for you help got it working now!

aries2k4
February 2nd, 2006, 14:48
Ya, downloading right now. this one definately brings back memories. I know there´s no music but i hope all the rest of the sound is good. duke´s comments use to crack me up!!

ap0calypse
February 3rd, 2006, 01:23
Has anyone tried running the Shadow Warrior grp file in place of the Duke3D grp file?

Would it work?

I would have tried it myself but the SW grp file is 40 sumthing megs and im still stuck with the 32Mb card...***lowers head in shame*** I still haven't invested in a bigger memory stick. LOL

TheEmulatorGuy
February 3rd, 2006, 03:58
Never tried it, but I can assure you it will not work.

r2works
February 3rd, 2006, 06:00
i was wondering when this was going to get ported, and i knew it would; its too good of a game not to be! GREAT JOB DUDE!

is there a way to bind my keys? can i use items like medikit, or hologram?

thanks!

HepburnFan
February 3rd, 2006, 07:37
i was wondering when this was going to get ported, and i knew it would; its too good of a game not to be! GREAT JOB DUDE!

is there a way to bind my keys? can i use items like medikit, or hologram?

thanks!

You can reconfigure the Keys in the Option Screen of that game (after pressing select in game or in the menu you can see before you start a game. It works!

F9zDark
February 3rd, 2006, 07:50
Shadow Warrior GRP file, as with Blood GRP file will not work. Firstly, many changes went into the Build engine when SW and Blood were made. The way build handles sectors above sectors(which are rooms in the map) changed, the implementation of Voxels was introduced in these two games(which are '3d Sprites').

One would need to port both games over independently of Duke3d to ensure to flawless execution. But with the porting of Duke3d, it certainly opens the doorways. Assuming that SW and Blood have been ported to higher end systems in a similar fashion to the JonoF port of Duke3d(which was used in porting Duke to the PSP).

TheEmulatorGuy
February 3rd, 2006, 21:42
That has been done with Shadow Warrior.

mrplug
February 3rd, 2006, 21:49
Great work!! Love it, me and my friend cant wait to try out multiplayer.
Thanks for this great port!

tblumer
February 4th, 2006, 18:57
yeah , I tried the SW.grp file hoping by chance it would work. hopefully someone will get the port going for it. brought back memories popping the cd in and hearing "Who wants some Wang?", lol.

Sharkey
February 4th, 2006, 20:48
I am using the atomic edition grp file which works great.
Anyone know the difference between this and the regular one?
I'm guessing an extra episode or something.

Still loving this game, well until I die and my psp crashes trying to load. ;)

TheEmulatorGuy
February 5th, 2006, 00:04
Wow, this is an odd bug. Here's how to reproduce it.

- Start a game. Keep playing until your battery dies. When your battery dies, hope like hell that you die when the flasing battery comes on. Your PSP will turn off. Hook it back up to power and turn it on. You should be dead. Press a button to respawn. You start in the SAME PLACE, but alive. There are no items anywhere. There are no enemies anywhere. You can't even start a new game, it'll go straight back to where you were no matter what.

I got some more.

- I can't really tell how to reproduce it, but I'll try. On the third episode, kill that guy on the building. Then get the Devastator in that hidden place. Jump off. Then, walk RIGHT UP to the first enemy and start shooting. Your PSP will probably get the blue screen - it wont be a Bus Error, I can't remember what it is.

- If you overwrite a save, the PSP will get the blue screen

- Go to options. Go to graphics options. Turn full screen off, then try to turn it back on. Your PSP will freeze.

There are more, but I forget them. Here are some text bugs.

- When you finish the level, it says press any key to continue. Change that to Start.

- When you die, it says press space to restart level. Change that to cross.

- When you go to assign a key, it says "press escape to cancel". That should be changed to select.

I forgot to write down the rest. >_<

ap0calypse
February 5th, 2006, 12:27
QUOTE:Will SW GRP file work? ANSWER:NO!!!

Thanks guys for answering my question...It probably sounded a bit noobish***LOL***
But I was curious:p

Anyway...does this port support total conversions (TC's)? Has anyone tried one?

Wally
March 4th, 2006, 11:17
OH also we really need autorun to be on all the time.

Sharkey
March 4th, 2006, 19:34
I would be most happy to be able to play through the whole game.
I took this off my psp for now because it crashes whenever you die and ends your session.
Please get the loading to work, no hurry.

Hungry Horace
March 6th, 2006, 20:48
just slapped it on my 2.5fw psp, and voila! it worked... cheers for this.

I havent played this game since i was at school (a long time ago!), it'd be awesome to see it online cos it'd be like the old days again!

better check it for stability tho.. :rolleyes:

killurparents
March 7th, 2006, 00:34
I just discovered this release.... AWESOME!! When it comes to emulating these PC games, I think it'd be helpful to have a keyboard intemplated somehow... (like in C64 emus) The delete key sure would be handy when reconfiguring the controls in duke3d

Sharkey
March 7th, 2006, 22:26
So, I'm wondering if there will be a final release of this.
Basically I'm asking if he is still going to work on it or just let it be which would be a shame to get this far and not actually be able to enjoy the whole game.
I just don't se much info in the opening post concerning the release.
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to rush, I'm just curious.

This is one release I would actually donate to see finished,
you know, if thats what motivates you. ;)

ngin.small
March 10th, 2006, 00:58
can some one help me i have the real Duke Nukem 3D disc but i cant find this .GRP file that i need and just for a note i ahve the 1.3 edition so can some one tell me what i should do.

thanks

ngin.small
March 10th, 2006, 01:01
and just another note to go with my last post i have a 2.6 PSP

Kuru
March 10th, 2006, 13:23
Hi there!

Got my psp 3 days ago, can´t quite manage taking my hands off it. Was more than happy to read about the various great ports of my childhood favourites like Doom and Quake I. Now I´d like to play Duke again, but the d/l link ain´t working...tells me to log in, but I am already :rolleyes:

*edit: d/l working fine, thx

tomski
March 10th, 2006, 13:33
can some one help me i have the real Duke Nukem 3D disc but i cant find this .GRP file that i need and just for a note i ahve the 1.3 edition so can some one tell me what i should do.

thanks

I havn't got it myself, but I reckon you'll need to install Duke from CD > PC first and then look for the DUKE3D.GRP in the installation folder.

Use fanjita's eloader v0.95 or v0.96

Anyone got this working on a v2.0+ PSP yet? would love to hear about

Hungry Horace
March 10th, 2006, 16:43
Anyone got this working on a v2.0+ PSP yet? would love to hear about
yes. read back a few posts where its mentioned.

I've got it on fw 2.5. :D

Sharkey
March 10th, 2006, 22:03
Does this run better on the higher versions?
I have a 1.5 and it crashes whenever I die. :(

saif
March 12th, 2006, 09:23
how do you put duke nukem on your psp

saif
March 12th, 2006, 09:25
Does this run better on the higher versions?
I have a 1.5 and it crashes whenever I die. :(

How to you even put it on your psp

0431578975matt
March 16th, 2006, 07:41
Does anyone know where you can download a freeware GRP file?

M.S.
March 18th, 2006, 08:52
you can only Download a shareware GRP file, but you don't have all Levels with the Shareware GRP

sry for bad english.

is a new Version of DN3D comming out?

ebrahem
March 18th, 2006, 09:48
i found JonoF's Shadow Warrior Port for windows it's the same as duke3d port
this free sourse code

http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfsw

StealthCP
March 18th, 2006, 22:15
If you own Duke Nukem Atomic Edition, you cannot start the 4th episode "The Birth" from the new game menu. You have to go select the User Map option and open the E4L1.MAP file from the GRP manually. Is there any reason why this doesn't work normally? I was kinda half expecting it anyway but if it can be fixed that would be great. I can do an excellent PSP speedrun on E4M7.

djj1992
March 19th, 2006, 15:10
Some games running on the dukenukem3d engine, they even have *.grp files too!

like quest for hussein and the quest for bin-laden.

See screenshots

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/164

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/alqaeda.gif

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/171

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/hussein.gif

btw put the ''GRP'' files into the psp\game\duke3d folder !

PSPh4ck3rCMD
March 20th, 2006, 16:53
hey could anybody post a link to the grp file it is shareware right so i think you can post a link ps i tried google but nothing.

MashHawkeye4077
March 21st, 2006, 16:47
Hey all, I wish I could say that I've got Duke squashing pig-cops with the shrink-ray-gun on my 2.6, but that is not the case.

Using eLoader.96 it just powers down. Others work fine such as quake, doom, heritic, and the emus, but not Duke. :-(

Any suggestions? Plz?!

Nevermind everyone, I got Duke to work. It seems to work 99% of the time IF you load up Doom first and exit and then open Duke.

Come Get Some!

Stinger_{Dark_Chaos}
March 25th, 2006, 07:07
hey guys could on of yall possibily email a copy of the duke3d.GRP file cuz i cant find it my email adress is [email protected] also [email protected] just send it to both ill get'em iether way if ya could thanks

ebrahem
March 25th, 2006, 08:07
download the shareware ver from here
ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/share/3dduke13.zip

than get the .grp file

Predator91
March 28th, 2006, 01:43
well i just recently saw this and i downloaded it but it doesn't seem to feel like working. when i try to play it the game just says that it ouldn't load properly because the data is corrupt. can anyone plz help me make it work?

MashHawkeye4077
March 31st, 2006, 20:52
well i just recently saw this and i downloaded it but it doesn't seem to feel like working. when i try to play it the game just says that it ouldn't load properly because the data is corrupt. can anyone plz help me make it work?

Try running Doom or Quake for a mintue or two before loading up Duke3d. As my post above stated Duke would NOT work for me at all until I attepted it that way, and this is on a version 2.6. Just keep trying. Also I am not 100% sure the shareware version works. I have the full Atomic version which works great with the exception that saving is not possible.

Imortal words of Duke (even in a high unduke like voice) "You're an inspiration for Birth Control." :cool:

Ragezort
April 5th, 2006, 15:31
Hi, i'm Ragezort of the spanish website : beta.pesepe.com.
I have detected a bug on this game, i'm going to declare this.

The bigger bug is using the original Atomix Duke Nukem package in the episode The Bird, (it's a principal package with a new extra episode named "The Bird", and a selector for use Users maps).
Here the screenshot using a 1'50 PSP :
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4546&stc=1

Sharkey
April 5th, 2006, 23:01
Hi, i'm Ragezort of the spanish website : beta.pesepe.com.
I have detected a bug on this game, i'm going to declare this.

The bigger bug is using the original Atomix Duke Nukem package in the episode The Bird, (it's a principal package with a new extra episode named "The Bird", and a selector for use Users maps).
Here the screenshot using a 1'50 PSP :
[IMG]http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4546&stc=1[IMG]

I get the same error whenever I die and the game tries to load back up.
I think it is because loading isn't working yet, lets hope for a second release. ;)

chuck_don
April 8th, 2006, 04:49
****kkkk.......it wont work wut am i missing

M.S.
April 8th, 2006, 18:00
it works PERFECTLY on my 2.01!

Without Doom or anything before.

Physicist
April 8th, 2006, 18:24
its curious... when i at first tried to play mini mario it did not work, i loaded up attack of the Mutants and then tried mario again. now mario works every time without loading up another game first *is confused*

Physicist
April 8th, 2006, 18:27
sadly, it does not seem to be the case for this game... i wonder what i must do.

Ragezort
April 12th, 2006, 15:19
Hehehe... The background is extracted from the original JFDuke3D with the texture pack.

M.S.
April 14th, 2006, 09:19
Does StereoMike make a new Version with Save Support?

Sharkey
April 14th, 2006, 22:18
Does StereoMike make a new Version with Save Support?

Nope, still waiting.
I hope he doesnt call it good with this version, its really not playable when you cant load or use your save games.

I'll loan out my girlfriend if that will motivate you Mike. ;)

The Commander
April 25th, 2006, 15:00
The reson the game freezes when trying to load the forth episode (atomic edition) from the main mission select screen is because it is trying to load a video which this psp port doesnt surport yet, Has any one worked out a way to use the HRP (High Resolustion Pack) yet?

Hawkeyefile
May 12th, 2006, 06:37
im i the only one who feels the project is dead? i have not yet seen an update.

shadowprophet
May 12th, 2006, 06:39
Ive been waiting for a new release to this, forever now :(

mr_nick666
May 12th, 2006, 12:37
If it'll encourage you any you can have my girlfriend on load too! Shes 23, open minded and athletic! :o
Id love to play a fully working version of this game THAT much! ;)

shadowprophet
May 12th, 2006, 12:41
This guys a real team player :cool:
If this community was full of people like him, we would rule the world by now :cool:

mr_nick666
May 12th, 2006, 18:14
My girlf is willing to take one for the team Im sure! ;)

Hawkeyefile
May 13th, 2006, 04:20
Ive been waiting for a new release to this, forever now :(
lets hope he does not adopt the logo, when its done, (thats for people who procrastinate to much, no wonder 3dR is loosing money and support).

shadowprophet
May 13th, 2006, 04:36
That at some point 3dr almost went bankrupt because of that very attitud :(
I had heard roumors that they concidered selling the duke nukem forever title to another company, at one time, However dnf has been worked on for over seven years now, I dont know if it was ever officaly released or not :(

Hawkeyefile
May 13th, 2006, 05:55
well im making an unoficial update to fix some the bugs.

F9zDark
May 13th, 2006, 06:03
That at some point 3dr almost went bankrupt because of that very attitud :(
I had heard roumors that they concidered selling the duke nukem forever title to another company, at one time, However dnf has been worked on for over seven years now, I dont know if it was ever officaly released or not :(

Nope and its still being worked on now (last I heard).

I had alot of faith in 3D Realms... But when I was a Sophmore in HS and was talking about DNF amongst my friends I had no idea it was going to take so long.

Now those same friends are graduating COLLEGE and still no game... 3D Realms may as well just give up. Because I am not about to buy it now...

Hawkeyefile
May 13th, 2006, 06:06
well i preordered my DNF copy on amazon in 99 so im hoping it will get to my door...., someday.

Hawkeyefile
May 13th, 2006, 06:10
okay just fixed the high pitch sound bug, but only for the shareware eps for now. and added a new icon/background/text.

F9zDark
May 13th, 2006, 06:19
In fact I did a little research, looking into Duke Nukem Forever News over at www.3drealms.com

The first news blurb about DNF was in October 19, 1997.

The next blurb on the list, talks about DNF and Prey (which Prey is just finally being released).

News was steady on DNF (for the most part) until July of 2003, in which all news of stopped until September of 2004.

Which then there was only 1 news post, on December of 2004 (which had nothing to do with game development or anything) before stopping again until March of 2006.

So I am really beginning to wonder if they are even still developing DNF...

Anyhow...

Any idea when the full version episodes will be fixed of the sound bug? :)

Hawkeyefile
May 13th, 2006, 06:34
monday
ill release a grp file that is the atmoic version but only contains the first 6 levels to keep it legal.

Hawkeyefile
May 13th, 2006, 06:37
ok the new controls are now as follows,
D-PAD Directional
Analogue Nub Directional
L next Inventory
R next weapon
Triangle Use
Square Jump
Cross Fire
Circle Duck
Start is Select inventory
Select Is esc/Menu

shadowprophet
May 13th, 2006, 08:03
Also I would very much like to see
Some sort of multi player support for this :p
I remember back when I was still learning to work on pcs, my teacher was a huge duke 3d fan :cool:

He was strictly a pc gamer lol and I was a console gamer , Ohh it offened him greatly when I got a ps2 type controller and started schooling him in duke :o

I love duke 3d and you know what else would be nice ?
If multiplayer did somhow get enabled, Id love to bring some of my old duke maps back out.
I was a pro at makeing duke levels :cool:

Hawkeyefile
May 13th, 2006, 14:27
im sorry but im not that good.

F9zDark
May 13th, 2006, 21:48
monday
ill release a grp file that is the atmoic version but only contains the first 6 levels to keep it legal.

Well maybe you can release a tutorial of what you did so that we can correct the issues on our own GRP files (to keep everything legal)?

Hawkeyefile
May 14th, 2006, 06:52
convert the voc files to wav files with 8 bit (or 16 bit they both sound the same), at 44100 Mhz then modify the con files so that any reference the a file with .voc is changed to .wav, then repack everything to duke3d.grp.
plus i modified both 1.0 and 1.5 eboots to have an icon and a back image.

Hawkeyefile
May 17th, 2006, 02:20
this project is dead, its been way to long for an update.

sroon
May 21st, 2006, 21:32
if people can port pc games(duke..) than why cant ff8 be ported to psp also?

shadowprophet
May 21st, 2006, 21:34
emailing the coder that ported it :(
I would hate for it to be completely dead :(

boyblink
May 23rd, 2006, 04:47
how can i find DUKE3D.GRP file i cant find it in the download please help me!!!:(

shadowprophet
May 23rd, 2006, 05:08
Id love to help you, but duke 3d was a comercial release we arnt allowed to give it to you,
I recomend kazaa.
thats really more then am allowed to say :(
sorry

Wally
May 23rd, 2006, 06:02
hawkeye: For everyones sake make L + R = Autorun

Diamond-Black
May 23rd, 2006, 08:08
My PSP show not work, i dont know why,my PSP is 1.52 version!! please help me!!!

Diamond-Black
May 23rd, 2006, 08:10
"The game could not be started. (800201)

Sharkey
May 23rd, 2006, 08:25
Thats your problem, your version stinks. ;)

Usually you get that error when you need to use KXploit, but I think you would be better off upgrading to 2.0 then downgrading to 1.5.

Or you could just upgrade to 2.0 and use the eboot loader.

It should work then.

Diamond-Black
May 23rd, 2006, 09:34
Thats your problem, your version stinks. ;)

Usually you get that error when you need to use KXploit, but I think you would be better off upgrading to 2.0 then downgrading to 1.5.

Or you could just upgrade to 2.0 and use the eboot loader.

It should work then.

Thanks Bro!
But i dont know how to upgrade new Firmware,am newbie :( can you teach me ??
Thanks again!

Diamond-Black
May 23rd, 2006, 13:06
I was upgrade to 2.0 but not work again :(

Sharkey
May 23rd, 2006, 17:53
I was upgrade to 2.0 but not work again :(

I'm sorry I don't know alot about that version,
did you use the eboot loader or Choice Loader to load it?

If you downgrade to 1.5 you will probably have a better chance of it working.

If you still have get that error when you downgrade try installing it using SeiPSPToolv0.5 or KXploit.

They help install games that get that error that were made for 1.0 versions but I don't know if thats the case here.

I'm pretty sure I just added the folders it came with to my 1.5 and added the.grp file and it worked.

Good luck.

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 24th, 2006, 07:02
Damn, hate for this one to die out... All we really need is to be able to load... Then it will be completely playable... Well, you know... Heaps playable :D heh

King DS
May 30th, 2006, 07:07
what versions does this run off?

DARTH_GAMER
June 13th, 2006, 03:06
how can i make it work with the atomic edition GRP file? :confused:

Sharkey
June 13th, 2006, 15:21
how can i make it work with the atomic edition GRP file? :confused:

Just add it to the folder without the % in the title.

I see this is a dead project. *sigh*
Same as Quake 2 single player,
I should never get my hopes up, this will teach me...

mickeydoo
July 11th, 2006, 19:10
is this downloadable

CARLOSOAC
July 11th, 2006, 20:09
Need GRP and Doom?

despoteuodia
July 19th, 2006, 18:40
StereoMike who released an update to Doom on our forums has today ported Duke Nukem 3D to the PSP, heres the info:

<blockquote>This is a port of the JonoF:s version of Duke Nukem 3d to PSP by StereoMike

Jfduke3d was originally developed by Jonathan Fowler and can be found here
http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

BUGS
=====
- The pitch of Duke's voice is a bit too high making him sound a bit "strange" :)
- No loading(saving works...)
- No music
- Not completely stable, may crash when starting a game and exiting (but i have played a couple of levels in a row, so it should be stable ingame)
- The key-bindings are a bit tricky to change since you can't delete the old ones.
- The "Press any key to goto next level" only reacts to pressing "Start"</blockquote>

Download via comments, COME GET SOME :)
eh ill wait for working load option
but either way it still pawns!!!

lastly how long untill wifi is immplimented?

bascule
August 7th, 2006, 07:27
Guess I shan't be selling my Zodiac just yet then. This works almost perfect (inc. load, Atomic Edition) on that...

Sharkey
August 7th, 2006, 14:50
eh ill wait for working load option
but either way it still pawns!!!

lastly how long untill wifi is immplimented?

I don't think there are plans to update this, shame really. :rolleyes:

Intalleyvision
August 21st, 2006, 00:52
Mine keeps sayin DATA CORRUPTED, whts ^?

shaunenterprise
September 1st, 2006, 01:59
just tried this out with the atmoic edtion works great there is one of dukes sayings that comes out normal
"im going to get medevil on ur ass" only one ive come across that sounds right but ive only played a couple levels

fire master
September 10th, 2006, 18:56
WOW! StereoMike you have made my day...

After reading psMonkey protest news, I felt as though good coders were fed up with the scene and a great new release would be somewhere in the next hundred years...LOL, It turned out I only had to wait one day, this is one of my favourite games of all time. I remember playin 8 player deathmatches over a LAN with my mates...ahhh, good times.

Spectacular Work ;)

EDIT: I have just tested this out on my PSP(Vers. 1.5) I had to hunt around my ancient collection of DOS games to find the GRP file, but i found it eventually. It works great, almost perfect! The voice bug made me laugh too, it sounds like a chipmunk version of duke! This is a MUST have for anyone who enjoys FPS games!!!
AMEN.:D

fire master
September 10th, 2006, 19:20
Does anyone know where you can download a freeware GRP file?
You need to use a p2p program but, I dont use it because it's illegal so, I copyed it from my disk.But Ill be more than happy to give someone a copy of the .grp file email me @ [email protected]

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 15th, 2006, 03:16
Well, I'm not really a coder, but I wouldn't call myself an idiot either... Most of the time.

Anyways, I'm getting a few .GRP utils now, gonna have a look.

Only interested in fixing the Save/Load problem.

Any help would be appreciated... :)

deemonet
September 18th, 2006, 19:50
good look

jasonc
October 4th, 2006, 15:25
plzz make save and load plplzpzzzzz

wolfpack
October 8th, 2006, 05:06
hmm this really needs to be updated, its been a while and i hope there will be plans for this again. when this got released the first day i think it made everyones day.

jasonc
October 8th, 2006, 15:33
duke nuken atomic adition works but there is no savestate plzz make save state i will donate

PlagueMusic
October 9th, 2006, 23:32
donate to me and i'll port it :D

Tonx_9
October 18th, 2006, 01:28
is this like the computer vesions just ported?

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 01:33
Yes, but it isn't very full featured yet, if it ever will be.

Cloudy

dark heart
October 31st, 2006, 05:03
omg! someone finnish it for him!

harry potter
November 17th, 2006, 04:49
can any one tell me or send it to my email where i can download the grp file coas i dont hav the cd

harry potter
November 17th, 2006, 04:52
my email is [email protected] yeah and i got fw 1.50

TacticalBread
November 17th, 2006, 05:09
Apparently, you don't know DCemu rules. No asking for pirated goods. If you so desire to pirate games, keep it out of these forums.

Darf
December 6th, 2006, 02:31
Hi
Just wanted to say loving playing Duke again
Ta very much
Fw 2.80

NyghtcrawleR
December 17th, 2006, 04:20
I know there hasnt been any plans to update this. My question is does anyone know how hard it would be to actually work out the savestate bugs?

Sharkey
December 17th, 2006, 05:48
I don't know but I sure in hell would appreciate it. I've been waiting ages for a fix.

We got several awesome versions of Doom and Quake, and then this, which is basically a tease since I hate starting from the beginning every time I try it.

Anyone up for this, or Quake 2 full version for that matter? ;)

inbae1994
February 18th, 2007, 11:26
Hey ya ****ing guys

March 2nd, 2007, 22:39
why does no1 update this and fix the bugs??? (save/load games????? sound work??...), some ports like doom and quake have proved this possible, and this game being as popular as it is.

Abobora
March 12th, 2007, 02:17
FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT.

Damn I've been waiting for a fix since I bought my PSP, when isit going to be fixed, if no one wants to fiz at least someone do another port from scratch, something I don't care I WANNA SEE RESULTS, dammit I wish I could code, I gotta start learning.

winxp64
July 5th, 2007, 05:40
Just a thought to any coders out there willing to pick this up...eduke and jfduke are almost identical in source code and eduke is always being updated..i myself know absolutely nothing about coding, but how hard would it be to port eduke to psp instead of jfduke? anyone willing to give it a shot?

here's the source for eduke
http://www.eduke32.com/downloads

and then for the pspduke source
http://thesaint.mine.nu/~stereomike/jfduke3d_src_psp.zip

*hopes prayers answered* :thumbup:

da1writer
July 8th, 2007, 18:50
I'm sure kgsws˜ could actually fix this game into being playable, sound right, save/load properly. He has excellent skills with proof like his recent update/fix of Heretic and Doom (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65907&highlight=doom) and Hexen (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66247&highlight=doom).
If anyone can fix Duke Nukem, our new programmer kgsws˜ can ;)!

kahdmus
July 19th, 2007, 03:06
I WISH this would get finished too! Its so frustrating having the game but having no saves etc! :(

PLEASE someone?

MrPeanut
August 6th, 2007, 07:36
has the save/load game bug been fixed yet? If not I'm interested. I did mods to fps engines when the source code was released (mainly just quake) and honestly save/load is an easy thing to fix as long as the app it was ported from, what was it, jDuke? supported it, which I'm sure it does. I'll take a look at it but I haven't done anything for psp yet I've only written windows apps and worked on quake with visual c++ and I doubt you can compile psp apps with vc :) But I'll take a look at it as long as there is still demand for the save/load. It's been awhile since the last post was made and then everyone went silent. So it's either, everyone is satisfied now due to a fix I'm unaware of or everyone just gave up.

MrPeanut
August 6th, 2007, 09:42
Hmm too bad there's no traces of the sourcecode for the duke3d eboot, it'll be like reinventing the wheel without it...

kahdmus
August 14th, 2007, 05:30
Hmm too bad there's no traces of the sourcecode for the duke3d eboot, it'll be like reinventing the wheel without it...

I think the silence is because there has been such a gap. If the game was fixed (specifically the save/load this would be simply awesome and I think there would be lots more noise...

winxp64
August 29th, 2007, 05:12
http://thesaint.mine.nu/~stereomike/jfduke3d_src_psp.zip

the source code is still around here you go

supralov3r
September 11th, 2007, 21:19
I really hope someone updates and fixes this! This is my favorite game of all time!:( If I knew how I would so PLEASE anyone fix it.:)

psp_hacker2007
September 16th, 2007, 19:08
Does this port work on 3.71?

steve520
September 16th, 2007, 19:14
no why would it u dont got a homebrew capable system psp hacker.

psp_hacker2007
September 16th, 2007, 19:25
is there a down grader i can find that has no risk of brickin my psp?

steve520
September 16th, 2007, 19:30
well you own a slim right. so there is no downgrader released but hopefully one very soon from m33 and it probably wont be a downgrader most likely just using the pandora. so dont update. just patience.

psp_hacker2007
September 16th, 2007, 19:31
no i don't have a slim

steve520
September 16th, 2007, 19:46
o well then ur going to have to wait till m33 hacks the old one to

Sullivan
November 19th, 2007, 21:37
I have this game, err my dad bought it a long time ago, mabey 10-13 years ago. I think.
I remember seeing him play it on the pc.
Where can I find the files needed on the disc?

michalt441
December 25th, 2007, 14:28
I got 3.71 M33 firmware so I copy contents of 1.5 folder to PSP/GAME150... then I put in PSP/GAME150/Duke3D the .GRP file of Atomic. I go in Game->Memory Stick and I choose this game->X and... "This game can't be loaded"

EDIT: I think now I know, I should update my PSP to 3.71 M33-2, not just 3.71 M33. And add Kernel 150 add-on.

W1zzar3
February 21st, 2008, 14:50
Hi there, I got some problem
I downloaded this program for duke, downloaded various versions, but if I get it into my PSP it says some number and then "The game could not be started" can any1 help me ?

No_one_in_particular
February 21st, 2008, 16:00
You need custom firmware.

michalt441
February 25th, 2008, 11:39
It works now, solved problem months ago.

Some minimods work with it too.

ajovev
April 22nd, 2008, 22:45
It works now, solved problem months ago.

Some minimods work with it too.

Does the save and load feature work by you?
i use 3.80m33 firmware and eloader1.0 to start the game (fw1.50 version) - and game works, but when i save a game, i cannot load it - it crashes.

meltphace
April 24th, 2008, 00:03
Can you play user maps?

ajovev
May 11th, 2008, 13:52
yes, user maps are running fine.

tony_vodka2
May 11th, 2008, 20:29
Now your talkin - a proper blast from the past . This will make my train journey into work much more pleasurable :)

mr-children
November 13th, 2009, 02:31
trying now

thanks your giving

MoonChild1607
August 5th, 2010, 22:42
Really too bad this project got canned.