PDA

View Full Version : Please Help.

ketamine
February 1st, 2006, 20:19
Ok, I bought a PSP from wal-mart (big mistake I know) and anyways I turn it on anxious to play, insert the sample disc to see what's on it and I see what I now know is called ghosting on it, so I think ok maybe it's just the video, I try the game I bought with it (Tony Hawk Underground) and I see a TON of this ghosting effect, from subtle character movements to horrible ghosting when I jump up on a half pipe. What I want to know is, are there any PSP versions out there that don't have this, maybe a JAP version or something, don't get me wrong I LOVE this machine, it's great but the ghosting on mine was unbearable, even if I got used to it I'm sure it wouldn't be even close to alright to put my eyes through it for hours. Anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate the help very much, I really want a PSP that will be able to run homebrew and play umd games without this horrid ghosting. If anyone wants to see how bad it is I got a video of it I can send over AIM or something, all I know was for me the ghosting I seen was not something I could put up with, especially for 250$. Thanks in advance for any help.

SILen(e
February 1st, 2006, 21:15
As far as i know,all PSPs have ghosting (but some people don't seem to notice it,so there are some people who say that their PSPs have better displays or something lika that.
There are often rumours about better displays in japanese PSPs,but i haven't been able to confirm it,so i think its not true.

The display,while really huge,is one of the main problems of the PSP,many displays have dead pixels and the displays have ghosting that nobody would accept on a 17" display.

But after some time,it's very likely that you won't notice it anymore - i was really shocked when i saw Ridge Racer on my new PSP,but it's not thaaaat bad and the fun i have with many PSP-games makes me forget the ghosting.

ketamine
February 1st, 2006, 22:25
Ya, I'm thinking or buying a Japanese model not only for a maybe better screen but for a different firmware, I'm definitely not happy with the US version.