PDA

View Full Version : Underachievement: EA selling 'unlock everything' DLC for Skate 2

wraggster
January 24th, 2009, 13:44
It won't instill gamers with the same red-faced anger as EA's fizzled plan to offer for-pay weapons in Battlefield: Bad Company; instead, the newly released "Time is Money Pack" for Skate 2 will simply make those who buy it feel varying degrees of guilt, regret and perhaps even fear. That's because, for 400 ($5) on XBLM or $4.99 on the PlayStation Store, owners of the game can literally pay their way past the effort it would take to unlock everything in the game.

The "everything" in question includes "all locations, skaters and gear that can be earned by playing through Skate 2's career and online modes," according to the DLC's description. So, basically, you're paying for access to content that's already in the game. Or, to put it another way, you're paying five bucks for a cheat code. A downloadable code, if you will. Next thing you know, people will be paying for good grades and -- who knows -- even Senate seats. Oh, wait ...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/22/underachievement-ea-selling-unlock-everything-dlc-for-skate-2/

Ultima Chocochu
January 24th, 2009, 23:20
XD to Senate Seats
I was just thinking the same thing really, EA just got rid of cheat codes and thought...How can we make money from something that could easily have been put in by means of a cheat code...I KNOW! CHARGE PEOPLE FOR IT AS IF IT WAS AN ADD-ON!!!! YES YES YESS!!!!

I just think it's kind of sad, anytime you have something to like about EA they do something like thisssss.
And of course the way too many freaking add-ons for Dead Space XD

pibs
January 25th, 2009, 00:11
Im not surprised, its EA. The same people who want you to pay for roster updates on their sports games.

Ultima Chocochu
January 25th, 2009, 18:53
Wait, they want you to pay for roster updates?
When did that happen?
Course I hate NBA Live >.>
Don't really play Football games so yeah, what game does it apply to exactly?

jrsmaster411
January 26th, 2009, 03:41
they also let you use real money as in game money in need for speed and I think the roster updates he's referring to is NBA Live which comes with a code for their roster upgrades, but if you buy it used you don't get the code and have to pay 19.99, I don't have a problem with that cause it encourages people to buy new like the 20 free tracks in rock band 2

pibs
January 26th, 2009, 04:45
they also let you use real money as in game money in need for speed and I think the roster updates he's referring to is NBA Live which comes with a code for their roster upgrades, but if you buy it used you don't get the code and have to pay 19.99, I don't have a problem with that cause it encourages people to buy new like the 20 free tracks in rock band 2

I hate EA...I bought RB2 new because I like the work Harmonix does and the DLC doesn't really effect gameplay overall. Now NBA live on the other hand, the roster updates play a major role in the game.

Then theres Fifa 09 where you could buy seasons :confused:

Anyways I could complain all day about EAs evil doings but at the end of the day I know some people will actually pay for these kinds of things. Each to his own I guess.