PDA

View Full Version : Has The Greatest Depression Affected Your Game Purchasing?

wraggster
January 24th, 2009, 13:48
Time for Tell Us Dammit — no, make that TELL US DAMMIT.

Here's who it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, reader person.

You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion.

This week a gajillion game industry people were made redundant. People outside the game industry across the globe are losing their jobs. So we ask you:

Question: Has The Greatest Depression Affected Your Game Purchasing?

http://kotaku.com/5138402/has-the-greatest-depression-affected-your-game-purchasing

wraggster
January 24th, 2009, 13:49
well it has for me, where it was once cheaper by far to import nowadays i am either not buying or just waiting for the rerelease

goshogun1
January 24th, 2009, 18:59
I have such a big backlog of games, so I am not really affected much.

I have been out of work for like 3/4 a year, but I just started University, so I am hoping things get better after 4 years. Only time will tell...

mike_jmg
January 24th, 2009, 20:09
TBH I think it did, cause since July of last year I've been searching for a job, and I was pretty sure I was about to obtain my dream job with some friends at a Copper Refinery in Amarillo TX, as Chemical Engineer (yes that's my degree), and the damn economic crisis blew my opportunities away

On december 4th I received an email from the company in which they said I made it to the last stages of the hiring process for new engineers, but it was put on hold until they could recover from the crisis. Oh and that the process continues for 2009 (so I kinda still have a chance, but it's been too long). I'm looking for other options as well, not gonna be waiting all my life if they want to hire me.

With the wager I was going to get I would've been able to buy a PS3, games, and more gaming stuff among other things

So yes, the damn depression really affected me.

jamotto
January 24th, 2009, 21:54
Yep haven't purchased a game since April of last year.