PDA

View Full Version : PSP: fx_powerspoof plugin

NoEffex
January 25th, 2009, 02:35
Yeah yeah, fx prefix, just happened to be the name of the folder, because powerspoof was taken in my archives of source(tried making it a while back and failed).

I somehow misplaced my battery and needed to install a game patch, so I cooked this up, and installed some patch without a battery, that normally requires like 75% battery, which is 100% pointless. It even unloads itself after patching the functions.

Readme:

Quite simple, just stick it in seplugins, than add it to your game.txt and/or vsh.txt, then watch your system settings always think you have a battery at 100%, when it reality, you (probably) do not.

The main use for this is those games that install updates sony-style, and require 75% or so battery, when that is totally unnecessary and a waste of your time, because if you run out of battery - oh well, start over, nothing harmed, as it does not flash a thing.

How NOT to use:
During flashing(specifically flash0) things that require 75% battery. Not a bright idea. You can, but if you screw up, not my problem :).

How it works:
Patches
1. scePowerGetBatteryPercent to always return 100 via jr ra->addiu $v0, $zero, 100
2. scePowerIsLowBattery to always return 0 via jr ra->addu $v0, $zero, $zero
3. scePowerIsBatteryExist to always return 1 via jr ra->addiu $v0, $zero, 0x0001

THEN

Unloads itself, so it won't make your kernel memory all lame and sliced up

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/v/qNrza9Yhzfk

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

yakumo
January 25th, 2009, 11:55
I better prefer to have my battery at real 100% before any potentially dangerous process.

NoEffex
January 25th, 2009, 20:31
Naturally as do I, but that is completely not-dangerous(game updates), as it doesn't flash a thing.