PDA

View Full Version : R4SDHC R4 SDHC Revolution DS

wraggster
January 25th, 2009, 10:31
New from ishopvideogames (http://www.ishopvideogame.com/product_info.php?ref=131&products_id=1195&affiliate_banner_id=1)

http://www.ishopvideogame.com/images/bg-240.jpg

If you are familiar with R4 or any other flash cart, setting up the R4SDHC is the same. The R4SDHC cartridge size is identical to that of the original R4DS cartridge. The microSD card is inserted through the top of the cartridge and fits flush with the cartridge.

Features:
2nd Generation Storage Device (no booting tool required)

Flush fitting Slot 1 Card

Uses microSD/microSDHC Memory Card (supports memory size up to 32GB), FAT16 or FAT32 File System

Supports any microSD/microSDHC Memory Card speed without lagging in game

Supports Clean ROM, drag and drop. Works on any OS

Built in NoPass

Automatically detect save type

Save directly to microSD Card, not to onboard chip

Supports Moonshell and other homebrew. Open I/O interface

User friendly skinnable interface. Touchscreen or button operation

Supports rumble pak and memory pak

Supports the WiFi game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser

Supports changes of the background of Operation Interface

Supports 4-scale-lightness adjustment (DS Lite only)

Supports Soft Reset

Supports Moonshell 1.6 Software Reset Function (press START key

back to the R4 Menu)

paul3100
January 25th, 2009, 11:54
So its an R4 but its not as its a clone , no official support from the official R4 team so any updates for this " thing " are going to be hex edited versions of 1.18 of the last official kernal update.

My advice: keep away at all costs, there are much better options and cheaper with loads more features.

R4 is not what it was 1 year ago! R4 doesn't mean its great or is the only name in DS flash carts.
R4 officially is dead and as said isn't supported any more so going for this imposter would just be silly.

Go for: Cyclods / Supercard / TTDS / Acekard 2 ........

paul

ChaoticanarchyX
January 26th, 2009, 02:38
CYCLODS BABY!! xD

R4 is sooo outdated and just cheap.

Shrygue
January 26th, 2009, 19:45
I won one of DCEmu's giveaway contests a while back and the prize was exactly this. Just one problem, it failed to work at all no matter what I tried to do. With that said, I'll just say don't get this cart, it'll most likely fail, if any even work. If any one really wants an R4 cartridge, get the non SDHC one but still there are better alternatives as previously mentioned above.

ChaoticanarchyX
January 27th, 2009, 02:20
I won one of DCEmu's giveaway contests a while back and the prize was exactly this. Just one problem, it failed to work at all no matter what I tried to do. With that said, I'll just say don't get this cart, it'll most likely fail, if any even work. If any one really wants an R4 cartridge, get the non SDHC one but still there are better alternatives as previously mentioned above.

So what are you representing Shrygue?? XD

Altronix
January 29th, 2009, 21:09
I've got one of these, must have taken 6 hours of internet frustration to get it going. None of the R4 software worked.
I went through all the forums, some suggested it was an N5 with a R4 sticker, so I tried their software with no joy. Following that idea I tried all the other brands software, still no joy.
I even went back to the R4 site where they have photos of the guts of their cards so you can check for fakes, I stripped mine down and of course it was.
So really pissed off I finally went back to the website I got it to see how I could contact them to get my money back. And discovered they had their own download of the software needed. Worked straight away, phew!
But! it does take about 5 attempts to get it going from cold. Once it's been running for a minute or 2, you can turn it on and off and it starts every time. Really weird stuff.
I've got a 4gb sd in it with no other trouble, it does do what it says on the box.

But hey, after growing up as a kid blowing into cartridges, i'm kinnda used to Nintendo having little character quirks. lol.

I was gonna leave a link to the download for folk having the same trouble. But surprise surprise the site I got it from has shut down, lol.
So instead leave us a message and i'll make my copy available.