PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Celebrates 25 Years Of Turtle Power WIth New TMNT Game

wraggster
January 26th, 2009, 20:18
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of Eastman and Laird's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ubisoft unveils a brand-new video game based on the turtles, with no movie, TV show, or comic strings attached.

The new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is being developed by Game Arts of Super Smash Bros. Brawl fame, with a release window set for fall 2009. It's a four-player brawler, as it should be, and for the first time there is no tie-in with any movie, television show, or comic book. It's completely its own title.

"There is no better tribute to the Turtles than the creation of a brand-new game that will help to launch the next 25 years of success,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft. "It's our pleasure to partner again with Mirage as part of the worldwide birthday celebration for the Turtles.”

As long as they stick to the formula and don't fall into the old trap of having the turtles repeat annoying sayings over and over again throughout the game, it should turn out just fine.

http://kotaku.com/5139377/ubisoft-celebrates-25-years-of-turtle-power-with-new-tmnt-game

ish420ism
January 28th, 2009, 03:29
COWABUNGA!!! I saw the first episode when it first aired when I was in third grade. Continued watching for years to come. YAY!!! I'm old.