PDA

View Full Version : Scummvm DS 0.5 works, but...

proutguy
February 2nd, 2006, 09:12
hi everybody,

Scummvm ds v 0.5 works perfectly on my ds by the M3(for Monkey island 1&2, sam n max with all musics and voices, day of the tentacle with all musics and voices), but not for the dig or full throttle ( it crashes while launching).
Has somebody tried them? did they work?

I noticed too that some talkie versions of lucasarts games like samnmax worked but without voices (mine from a lucasarts collection). for those who have a CD audio versions ( audio files in wav) u can re-encode it by cdex or an other program, for this please visit scummvm ds homepage, all is explained.

I heard that we can play other non lucasarts games like simon the sorcerer 1 and 2 , Do somebody knows if there is a compatibility lists of games for scummvm DS? i found one for scummvm, but not for the port for DS which seems to have a different compatibility list.

Thanks

scrabbus
February 2nd, 2006, 11:31
Not sure about the compatibility, but yes I can state that The Dig and Full throttle do not work. I have tried all ways to get them to work, but as of yet, nothing. You can however, play simon the sorcerer et al

proutguy
February 5th, 2006, 05:22
hi

here s my compatibility list for scummvm ds V0.5:

Monkey island II cd version and floppy; works
Sam n max original cd full talkie version (~200MB): works
sam n max talkie from lucasarts collections packs (~150MB): works without voices
Sam n max floppy non talkie (~10MB); works
Day of the tentacle original cd talkie version (~200MB); works
Day of the tentecle from lucaarts collections packs (~150MB); works without voices
Day of the tentacle floppy version (~7MB); works
Monkey Island I CD 256 version ( ~40MB);works without music
Monkey Island I floppy 256 version (~4MB); works
Monkey Island II (all versions); works
Indy IV and III (256 version); works
Zak MCKraken EGA version; works
Zak MCKraken 256 version; works without sounds and music ( seems to be the same on scummvm PC)
Loom cd 256 version (4 MB + 40 MB audio file re encoded with cdex), works without voices and music
Loom floppy EGA version; works
Full throttle;Doesn t work
The dig ; doesn t work

So if somebody could complete this list for other games or correct it if they found a solution to play one of these non working games correctly on his DS.

I just want to precise that there were french versions, except for loom cd

Bye