PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYL 0.03 W.I.P status update only

miemt11
February 2nd, 2006, 11:40
Yoyofr (http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1138670560) author of the Snes9xTYL emulator for PSP , has update his w.i.p status on next version Snes9xTYL 0.03

here's a status update for next release :
* some small bug fixes (gfx rendering, memory card issues, ...)
* 2 releases : one with sound mixing (not emulation, only mixing) on the media engine, requiring kernel mode, so firmware 1.0 & 1.5
one with standard mixing on main cpu, in user mode, so probably working on all firmware until 2.6 (but not sure since neocdpsp is user mode only and doesn't seem to work well on 2.0+ firmware)
* mode 7 optimizations for "not rotated" rendering (for example maps in rpg, ...).
* minor new features : delete rom in file browser, delete save state

I'm currently working on stability issues when you go to sleep mode & resume.
As soon as it's ok, I'll release it. Perhaps I'll implement a new menu using neocdpsp work from radius, I've to check with him
more to come...

Voltron
February 2nd, 2006, 11:51
Thanks for the update. This is already an awesome work of homebrew and to here that it is still being worked on warms my heart. Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

shadowprophet
February 2nd, 2006, 12:02
I really hope this works on 2.0
But its no Big deal if it doesnt.
I mean the old snes tyl works fine on 2.0 and still does a great job,
So heres to hopeing, But not really worrying about it :p

Kimimoro
February 2nd, 2006, 12:27
* 2 releases : one with sound mixing (not emulation, only mixing) on the media engine, requiring kernel mode, so firmware 1.0 & 1.5
one with standard mixing on main cpu, in user mode, so probably working on all firmware until 2.6 (but not sure since neocdpsp is user mode only and doesn't seem to work well on 2.0+ firmware)

Probably a stupid question but what does this actually mean in terms of performance? better FPS? better sound quality?

Anyway, great news that it's still being worked on, even the current version is pretty much all I use my PSP for :D

urherenow
February 2nd, 2006, 14:30
same Q here... what does the mixing do for us in terms of performance?

Shame on you... got us all hot, bothered, and drooling over our keyboards... :p

kyus
February 2nd, 2006, 15:24
If this still does not include game genie, it won't be going on my psp. I hope they implement it.

tsurumaru
February 2nd, 2006, 15:28
If this still does not include game genie, it won't be going on my psp. I hope they implement it.

Patience IS a virtue, personally I'd rather have an emulator running at a better speed than a slow one with cheat code options....

jedikd
February 2nd, 2006, 16:29
here's an helpful hint, threatening developers by saying you won't use their FREE software is not a good way to get them to implement anything

go write it yourself!

sfaok
February 2nd, 2006, 16:52
STOP THE PRESS
-----------------

Attention, SnesTYL developers, kyus will not be using your snes emu if you do not implement Game Genie support, i repeat kyus will NOT be using your emu if he can't cheat his way through Mario Paint and the like. I suggest Yoyofr makes this his number one priorty and somehow steers this upcoming release away from imminent disaster.

STOP THE PRESS
----------------

Seriously, its not even out and you're already panning it ! The coders are probably already flat-out trying to speed up the emu using the media engine and other fixes and enhancements; basically cheat-codes are the cherry on the pie, so next time wait till the pie has been baked before asking for the cherry (here ends the banal analogy).

Anyhow, have to say I'm looking forward to a new release of this emu, nice to see its still been worked on after all this time.

kyus
February 2nd, 2006, 17:32
you dorks need to stop taking offence to stupid things like that. I'm not panning it. I just still use y's release because of its cheat support. seriously. I made a simple statement, not slagging the emu in any way. One of the coders wishes to implement it, and I hope they do. calm it.

User: "OH... I have a 2.60 PSP... I can't use the new TYL release"

Loser: "WHA U M33N U C@N'T Y00S 1T? 1S 1T N0T L33T ENUFF 4 U? L0LZ0RZ! *proceeds to write an lengthy and utterly pointless post, hoping to score points with the mods, or some guy masquerading as a chick.* U SHULD B BANZ0RD!"

Voltron
February 2nd, 2006, 17:37

I don't agree with comments like that. It is already well-known to the developers that game genie is a wanted feature and they have hinted at possibly implementing it at some point. I have to be another that says I'd rather have better performance and technological enhancements than a cheat device.

Suggesting that unless certain things are added there will be no support is really counterproductive to the scene and damages this great homebrew community of ours.

Again, Keep up the great work YoYoFr & Team -

odino
February 2nd, 2006, 17:39
Probably a stupid question but what does this actually mean in terms of performance? better FPS? better sound quality?

Anyway, great news that it's still being worked on, even the current version is pretty much all I use my PSP for :D

The reply:

Media Engine is a second CPU inside the CPU.

We use it as a coprocessor to do the sound generation of the SPC700 (snes sound chip).

Now you will have 44 Khz full audio quality at the same speed as "no sound with emulation".

kyus
February 2nd, 2006, 17:48
I have been interested in yoyo's work since the LJZ days. I love his work, and he's been a huge part of the scene, but for god's sake guys, nothing is counterproductive to the scene, only sad little hissyfitters like yourself who'd take offence to something like this. I hate these boards, as any post I make turns into a flame war. I'll make this my final post in this thread and send you all out some hankies.

Can't wait to see the release yoyo, tinnus and laxer3a. But like any of you will see this. If I wanted you to, I'd post on your board.

MikeDX
February 2nd, 2006, 18:07

This my friend is because you are utterly useless at games. Try trading your PSP in for a "leap pad"

Festizzio
February 2nd, 2006, 18:11
I have been interested in yoyo's work since the LJZ days. I love his work, and he's been a huge part of the scene, but for god's sake guys, nothing is counterproductive to the scene, only sad little hissyfitters like yourself who'd take offence to something like this. I hate these boards, as any post I make turns into a flame war. I'll make this my final post in this thread and send you all out some hankies.

Can't wait to see the release yoyo, tinnus and laxer3a. But like any of you will see this. If I wanted you to, I'd post on your board.
This may be your last post, but I'm still responding.
If you really hate these boards, then leave. Seriously. If you don't like us then there's no reason for you to be here.
Also, insulting us while saying we shouldn't take offense to what you're saying is not going to convince us of anything, except that you're not too gifted in the intellectual department and you really have no grasp of what we're getting at when we take offense to posts like your first one.
About the last part of your post, what is this supposed to mean: "If I wanted you to, I'd post on your board."????? :confused:

LazerTag
February 2nd, 2006, 18:39
you dorks need to stop taking offence to stupid things like that. I'm not panning it. I just still use y's release because of its cheat support. seriously. I made a simple statement, not slagging the emu in any way. One of the coders wishes to implement it, and I hope they do. calm it.

<< not a dork :P

I really don't care myself, but your other post sure looks like you were bashing a bit. I mean why bother going out of your way to say you won't be putting it on your PSP otherwise then? Not interested in some of the other new features or speed increases?

Anyway silly discussions that are pointless aside, If the new version really runs as well as they say with sound enabled, I just want to know whom will be paying me for all the time I spend playing! :) hehe

xuphorz
February 2nd, 2006, 22:26
hmm
gamegenie sucks, i never use it (too cheap anyway)
the only game on snes you might want to cheat in is final fantasies, but still that's a way before it's fully workable

also, yoyo, we all want you to not abanndone this project.
i don't klnow about anyone else, but a 100% working snes emualtor with network play and 3d-fx card support on the psp would be my dream come true
here's hopeing it'll eventually do that :)

Valiant
February 2nd, 2006, 22:56
oh man an emu that works with the 3d efx card would be a dream come true! Make Kirby Superstar work and you have fulfilled hours worth of entertainment until PSX or N64 emu is promoted XD

Ottsider
February 2nd, 2006, 23:05
I've been using the previous Snes9xTYL, and I am assuming that you can't just update the emu, you have to put it on in exactly as you did before, therefore losing your saves.

Now my question is: Is there a way to import your games over to the 'new' Snes9xTYL with saves intact?

urherenow
February 2nd, 2006, 23:18
umnn... what are you guys on about a 3dfx card? This has what to do with this emulator (or SNES in general)? :confused:

I still have the latest and greates card evert to made by them laying around somewhere (voodoo5 5500) :cool:

Kimimoro
February 2nd, 2006, 23:27
The reply:

Media Engine is a second CPU inside the CPU.

We use it as a coprocessor to do the sound generation of the SPC700 (snes sound chip).

Now you will have 44 Khz full audio quality at the same speed as "no sound with emulation".

That sounds great! Can't wait to see how much better things will be now.

Skye
February 3rd, 2006, 00:49
No, you will not lose you save states as long as you copy your saves folder over to the new release.

xuphorz
February 3rd, 2006, 02:28
umnn... what are you guys on about a 3dfx card? This has what to do with this emulator (or SNES in general)? :confused:

I still have the latest and greates card evert to made by them laying around somewhere (voodoo5 5500) :cool:

ummmmmm
read up on Star Fox SNES, and Stunt Race FX to see what we mean

shadowprophet
February 3rd, 2006, 03:56
One person sais one thing sombody doesnt like and the whole board is up in arms.

who cares what kyus thinks. its his own opinion.
Weather it be about snestyl, Or the board in general.

How does that effect us. ? how does that effect the develpers?
how does that really effect anything? except proove to onlookers that where not mature or responcible enough to accept sombody whos not kissing ass to get the responces he wants.

I personaly like snestyl. and a lot of the posters in this forum, are people I respect.

But if everbody thought the same way posted the same way , reacted the same way, these forums would be so boreing nobody would ever bother comeing back.

Somtimes when some poster comes in from the blue, and makes a personal statement about someone or a group of people. you just have to take it with a grain of salt and realize. Not everyone who is able to type and make a post makes a good point.

I dont think anyone here in these forums is a dork.. And yes that is offencive. But who are you to make a claim like that anyway. ?

Thats right.. just another random poster..
All this is is just another case of somone makeing a mountain out of a speedbump..
I say everyone gets over it. And moves on.

L8ter peeps :rolleyes:

romz.rr
February 3rd, 2006, 06:06
One person sais one thing sombody doesnt like and the whole board is up in arms.

who cares what kyus thinks. its his own opinion.
Weather it be about snestyl, Or the board in general.

How does that effect us. ? how does that effect the develpers?
how does that really effect anything? except proove to onlookers that where not mature or responcible enough to accept sombody whos not kissing ass to get the responces he wants.

I personaly like snestyl. and a lot of the posters in this forum, are people I respect.

But if everbody thought the same way posted the same way , reacted the same way, these forums would be so boreing nobody would ever bother comeing back.

Somtimes when some poster comes in from the blue, and makes a personal statement about someone or a group of people. you just have to take it with a grain of salt and realize. Not everyone who is able to type and make a post makes a good point.

I dont think anyone here in these forums is a dork.. And yes that is offencive. But who are you to make a claim like that anyway. ?

Thats right.. just another random poster..
All this is is just another case of somone makeing a mountain out of a speedbump..
I say everyone gets over it. And moves on.

L8ter peeps :rolleyes:

amen

pkmusicmaker
February 3rd, 2006, 09:14
When I saw the high number of comments, I got excited hoping there would be some good discussion, and now I see that almost all of them are about that game genie remark, lol. Anyway, the emulation scene on PSP seems to be pickin up again, and I am verrrry excited. Big thanks to all the coders for all emulators, you're making my psp worth the money more than any of the actual games people spend their money on.

xuphorz
February 3rd, 2006, 17:11
game genie = suck
snestyl = great
yay yoyo!